/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion Lecture transcripts

strivingobserver98
02-23-2016, 07:20 PM
:sl:

What do you think about a section for Islamic lecture transcripts?

For example if there is a lecture by Mufti Menk, there will be readable transcript version too :). :ia: for others to benefit from.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BilalKid
02-24-2016, 01:19 AM
gr8 idea!! :shade:

*charisma*
02-24-2016, 06:06 AM
walaikum asalaam

I had this idea a long time ago where I'd transcribe and translate different islamic lectures into various languages (similar to TEDx videos)...then idk what happened lool I got busy with life I guess. I even had a lot of people who were going to help me do it. But I think this is a great idea :)

strivingobserver98
02-24-2016, 06:29 AM
Oh really? ماشاء الله cool.

Do you think this should be inside the blog or a forum section for it? Bit confused on that.

Do you still have your team [emoji3]?

جزاك اللهُ خيراً

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Abed
02-28-2016, 06:59 PM
Wa alaikum salam

Yes this is nice.

Just a tip: if the lecture is long then post it in two or three parts.:shade:

*charisma*
02-29-2016, 03:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Oh really? ماشاء الله cool.

Do you think this should be inside the blog or a forum section for it? Bit confused on that.

Do you still have your team [emoji3]?

جزاك اللهُ خيراً

I know a few people but I don't know if they are still into the idea or not since this happened a few years ago. I used to have a popular facebook page so a lot of people were willing to help when I asked. I also started a blog which a few members from this forum contributed to (and is now collecting cobwebs..), but I planned on posting those videos on there, or starting a completely new webpage specifically for it.

strivingobserver98
02-29-2016, 05:13 PM
ماشاء الله

Whats your old website and is it still up?

Let's turn cob webs into fruits [emoji3].

*charisma*
03-01-2016, 02:25 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

https://islamicink.wordpress.com/

That reminds me, I need to check the email for it looool

strivingobserver98
03-01-2016, 02:32 AM
:wa:

Love the Funny bone section :D. https://islamicink.wordpress.com/category/funny-bone/

*charisma*
03-01-2016, 02:51 AM
:D:D Good times alhemdulilah...the funny thing is I haven't updated it in so long that I forgot how to use the site since it's changed so much over the years. I also get a lot of emails asking me about halal/haram matters (aka a fatwah). I wish I had more time and more help to keep it going.

strivingobserver98
03-01-2016, 02:59 AM
Websites are forever changing, will need lot of updating.. in design too.

I can do it for you if you want :).

*charisma*
03-01-2016, 03:05 AM
Aww Jazak allahu khair bro, thanks for offering. I would accept but I honestly haven't updated it in soo long and I haven't had plans yet in doing so. I wouldn't want you to waste your time :)

strivingobserver98
03-01-2016, 03:14 AM
Wa iyyak. Oh okay I understand, well if you ever want to relaunch it you know who to contact :).

Any other future project ideas you have?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.