/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The stages of crafting positive muslim identity in children

GINGERBEARDMAN
02-24-2016, 03:47 PM
https://gingerbeardmansite.wordpress...y-in-children/

How would you answer the question, “Who are you?”

Some people would define themselves through their profession, for example, a doctor or a teacher. Others may define themselves by their cultural background, such as Arab or American. Other still may simply say, “I’m only a mother”. Many times, how people describe themselves is a reflection of how they feel about themselves and in the case of our children, we want them to radiate high self esteem and feel incredible about who they are!

The challenge of crafting an identity and strong personality in our children isn’t as difficult as it sounds if you start early. Think of yourself as a farmer. No, not the kind that toils in a field which is essential to healthy eating, but one that toils something more precious because the soil is more valuable. I want you to till your children’s brains and how they view themselves...

full article in the link at the top of the post

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
02-24-2016, 06:04 PM
Asalamualykum,

I think this is crucial in this day and age.

So many people suffer from lack of self-confidence and have low self-esteem and believe drugs is the answer to change their mental/emotional well-being.

There's so many natural and free remedies which are so much better. Exercise and a healthy diet leads to a healthy mind in my opinion.

& getting compliments from your parents is a huge confidence booster. It doesn't matter how old we are having our parents support helps us all to get through the challenges in life.

May Allah swt assist us all Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.