/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ramadan Countdown 100 days left!

strivingobserver98
02-26-2016, 06:49 PM
:sl:

Subhan Allah that came around fast.

Oh Allah, let us reach Ramadan اللهمَّ بلِّغْنا رَمَضَان

Ameen.

Start preparing for it NOW. If you haven't already :).

10 ways to prepare for Ramadan: http://www.islamicboard.com/fasting-...e-ramadan.html

Ma’la Ibn al-Fadhl said about the Salaf (the pious predecessors): “They used to call upon Allah for six months until Ramadan reached them, then they would call on Him the other six months that Allah may accept it from them.” And Yahya Ibn Abee Katheer said, “Their supplication used to be,

‘O Allah, keep me safe until Ramadan, and make Ramadan faultless for me, and secure it for me as an accepted (month of virtue).’”

The early generations of the Ummah used to make Du'a 6 months after Ramadan that Allah accept their deeds in Ramadan. And for the next 6 months, they would make du'a to Allah to grant them the blessing of being alive in the coming Ramadan.
Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BilalKid
02-27-2016, 02:33 AM
change for the better :shade:

strivingobserver98
02-29-2016, 10:11 PM
Blessed month is soon arriving :).

strivingobserver98
03-11-2016, 08:13 AM
Less than 3 months left now until Ramadhan!

It's really important that you start preparing for it now, and I don't even mean practising the "fasting" because many are currently still fasting Mondays and Thursdays with them being short easy days, and we all know that even if we had to fast a month with days 23 hrs long, it only takes 1-2 days and we're all into the groove and the bodies adjust even to crazy times.

No, I mean mentally ready.

A fasting day is not a day without food and drink. That's just a day you got hungry!

You need to ensure that your day is one which is significantly purer, more spiritual, more moral, and 'ibadah-full than the days you are currently living.

So study your day carefully and observe critically: the filth your mind consumes, the minutes that you waste procrastinating, the hours you waste on pointless actions, the oppressed that you have helped in some way, the civic responsibilities that you have championed and actioned yourself, the number of sick people you visit, the amount of times you've helped your neighbour, the company that you keep and the kind of things you enjoy hearing from them, how often you check up on your extended family, the length of time you spend with the Qur'an or reflecting on it, the amount of charity you give, the amount you read, the amount of nafl you pray, the regularity of your dhikr, the uncouth things that your tongue automatically spurts out, and so on, and so on.

Start changing your day now, and Ramadhan will make it permanent.

- Abu Eesa

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
strivingobserver98
03-15-2016, 10:15 AM
By Jamaal Diwan

Ibn ʿAṭā said:
“Appeal to no one but Him to relieve you of a pressing need that He Himself has brought upon you. For how can someone else remove what He has imposed? And how can he who is unable to free himself of a pressing need free someone else of one?”[1]

How can you appeal to other than Him when He is the one that controls all affairs? And to whom shall we seek aid if He is not in our aid? If He is in our aid can there be anything that can prevent Him from his magnanimous giving? Indeed, there cannot be.

Then we should know that He is the source of all things, He is the One. So we must learn submit ourselves to the acceptance of His divine wisdom, as Moses learned with Khiḍr. In doing so we will turn to Him with full attention and intention. He will become our qiblah before anything else. In doing so we acknowledge or weakness and our inability and seek strength and ability through the All-Powerful, the One who is capable of all things.

It is said that one day a poor man went out seeking some rich people in order to ask them for charity. He came upon a rich man who was raising his hands towards the sky in supplication so he asked, “From whom is he asking?” He was told, “From his Lord.” So the poor man said, “He is my Lord and his Lord. So why do I not ask Him as he asks Him?!”

As these wisdoms have reminded us throughout, it is now and in Ramadan that we should renew our relationship with God. We should look to see what our qiblah really is. Are we seeking Him first and foremost in everything that we do? If we are then He will bestow light upon us through His infinite bounty, and we will be guided by it. If not, then we will continue to stumble through the darkness of the absence of recognizing His presence in our lives.

May God enlighten us with the infinite light of His beauty and magnificence.

[1] Translation from jannah.org

azc
03-15-2016, 11:15 AM
:jz: for reminding us of this beautiful month. May Allah swt keep us healthy to keep fast. Ameen

~ Sabr ~
03-15-2016, 02:02 PM
:salamext:

:ia:

:jz:

noraina
03-15-2016, 10:31 PM
Ameen, may Allah SWT allow us to benefit from this holy month.

strivingobserver98
03-20-2016, 02:20 PM
8 Simple Steps to Help You Prepare for Ramadan

by Wesam Kerayem

Have you ever wondered why it is difficult to concentrate in your prayer? Or why your faith throughout the year is not on a high like it is during Ramadan or through Hajj? Maybe it is because we usually jump straight from a phone conversation into Takbir or because we just go with the flow in Ramadan and are influenced by the environment around us and not our own ‘real’ feelings.

A lot of us usually live life and have our faith dependent on an upcoming major event i.e. “I’m going to start reading a page of Quran a day as soon as Ramadan starts; I’m going to start praying Qiyam every night when I come back from hajj; or, I’m going to stop smoking when my child is born.” And because of this way of thinking we usually end up with an anticlimax; we don’t end up giving up smoking, we don’t end up praying Qiyam and we start reading Quran but then get back to our normal old self after a few days or weeks.

This is because these ‘statements’ or ‘feelings’ are based on impulse and not a real thought out plan. We usually don’t prepare for Ramadan or hajj or have a plan for our faith to stay at the increase; we just go with the flow and expect it all to happen. Well, it doesn’t!

Wouldn’t you love to enter the month of Ramadan on a real high and have the effects of this beautiful month be a permanent impact on your life thereafter? How can this be done? Below are the 8 steps for a Legacy of a Ramadan.

Step 1 – Create a Ramadan Count Down

Counting down for Ramadan (whether it is done mentally or by keeping physical signs around the home or office) will help create hype and buzz in your mind and amongst the people around you. When you and others are counting down to the same event, it becomes part of regular conversation and excitement spreads.

Step 2 – Seek knowledge about Ramadan

This will help you ensure you will do things correctly and perfectly for Ramadan, it will create a hype as there are many motivational aspects and events in the month to look forward to and finally it is a reward reaper. The more you know about Ramadan the more you can apply, hence multiplying your rewards.

Step 3 – Make a Ramadan plan

Be it reading the entire Quran, ensuring you pray taraweeh every night or inviting families over for iftaar; make a list of things you would like to achieve in the month and then how you plan on achieving these goals. It is important that goals are realistic and it is better that your life doesn’t need to entirely take a different road in this month (i.e. take the month off work or change work hours etc.) so that you may continue to do these deeds after Ramadan. Knowing what you want to achieve in the month will help you stay focused. Ensure you plan your day every night before you sleep when Ramadan starts (try to continue this even after Ramadan).

Step 4 - Know your life

Be aware if Ramadan affects anything that is happening in the month or shortly after. Do you have exams during Ramadan? Or is there a major family wedding after Ramadan by a short time? Moving house? If so, plan for these events from now. Study now so that you are prepared for the exams before the month starts. Be packed and ready to go before Ramadan or plan that you do it after so that it doesn’t take time away from your worship. The last thing you want to do is spend Ramadan at the shopping centres. Buy any Eid presents and prepare for any wedding before the month starts.

Step 5 – Prepare spiritually

We all know that Ramadan is about Fasting, Praying, Reading Quran and giving in charity. Start these worships early; don’t expect to just click into it as soon as the first day of Ramadan starts. Start doing extra prayers from now, start revising and regularly reading Quran now, get used to being generous and follow the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) and fast during Sha’baan.

Step 6 – Prepare your mind

Fasting is to refrain from more than just what we consume in our mouth. Start working on your patience; be extra vigilant with your conversations: ensure you are not backbiting, slandering or talking about useless things.

Step 7 – Say ‘good riddance’ to bad habits

Know what bad habits you have and stop them from now, don’t wait until Ramadan begins. If you sleep late, start sleeping early, if you are a Facebook junky start cutting down, have a coffee craze, slow it down etc. It might sound much easier said then done, but once you’ve committed yourself, purified your intentions – make sincere dua for guidance. Insh’Allah, these bad habits will be easier done with than you ever expected.

Step 8 – Plan your life around your worship

For instance; instead of working through your prayer or setting up meeting etc., at prayer times, plan that you have a break at prayer time. Don’t take your phone with you to the place you pray and forget the world as you stand between the hands of the almighty Allah (glorified and exalted be He).

Source: ProductiveMuslim.com

Ali Hammuda
03-24-2016, 07:11 PM
Imam Ahmad Ibnu Hanbal said:
بئس القوم لا يعرفون الله إلا في رمضان ..
"How evil are people who only know Allah in Ramadan .."
The Allah we worshipped in Ramadan is the same Allah of the rest of the months.
Those who worship Ramadan give up when the month ends.
As for those who worship the Lord of Ramadan, they keep pushing till they die ..

BeTheChange
03-24-2016, 07:35 PM
Allah Hu Akbar.

I cannot believe how fast time is passing by.

I never used to understand the elders when they made similar statements but now i do. :facepalm:

strivingobserver98
03-25-2016, 12:36 PM
Now...

75 days until Ramadan.

Allahu Akbar!

BeTheChange
03-25-2016, 12:46 PM
Asalamualykum,

I can't wait. It's the best month by far.

Sisters if you have any fasts that you need to keep please try and keep those fasts ASAP.

We are encouraged to fulfil the fasts within the same year. In sha Allah.

noraina
03-25-2016, 01:39 PM
That feeling of excitement in anticipation for the month of Ramadan never goes does it? I still feel that sudden rush of energy the way I did when I was six years old - I was far too young to fast or even understand the meanings of Ramadan but it just has this feeling which everyone can sense.

Ya Allah, may we be able to reap all of the benefits from this blessed month and come out as an improved and better Muslim.

BeTheChange
03-25-2016, 02:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
That feeling of excitement in anticipation for the month of Ramadan never goes does it? I still feel that sudden rush of energy the way I did when I was six years old - I was far too young to fast or even understand the meanings of Ramadan but it just has this feeling which everyone can sense.

Ya Allah, may we be able to reap all of the benefits from this blessed month and come out as an improved and better Muslim.
I agree very true sis. The feeling intensifies every year! Subhana Allah.

~ Sabr ~
04-04-2016, 02:14 PM
:salamext:

*gets out calendar*

63 days left!!! :Emoji49:

Khalid Saifullah
04-09-2016, 05:24 PM

strivingobserver98
04-10-2016, 03:37 PM
Approximately 57 days left to Ramadhan!

Raptor
04-10-2016, 04:48 PM
May Allah allow us all to reach the month of Ramadhan.

BeTheChange
04-10-2016, 07:20 PM
Alhamdulilah. Very excited can't wait.

I think we should all start fasting Monday's & Thursday's to prepare ourselves mentally and spiritually. Insha Allah.

lonewolf007
04-10-2016, 07:25 PM
I'm very excited too, I feel like I didn't do as much last Ramadan due to certain stuff happening, so insha'Allah this year I want to try and make the most of it insha'Allah.

noraina
04-11-2016, 02:31 PM
Alhamdulillah that time seems to pass by so fast - Ramadan is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so, so, so, so excited for Ramadan - a spiritual purification inshaAllah - may Allah allow us to change and become better Muslims during this month.

Although what I want to make sure is that I read all of the Qur'an, last year was exams and all and on top of that Ramadan was only 29 days long so before I knew it Maghrib had passed and I hadn't even read the 30th juz'. It was so annoying.

sister herb
04-11-2016, 05:01 PM
^^ May Allah gives you patience to read it during this Ramadan. :statisfie

noraina
04-11-2016, 05:21 PM
Ameen, sis :)

BilalKid
04-11-2016, 05:33 PM
ameen!!! :shade:

~ Sabr ~
04-12-2016, 02:06 PM
55 days left :ia:

strivingobserver98
04-13-2016, 05:40 PM
Ramadan is near Alhamdulillah (الحمد لله), may Allah ﷻ help us succeed and benefit from it all we can Ameen أمين.
Allah take us safely...

noraina
04-13-2016, 07:21 PM
Ameen!

Time flies subhanAllah - I can remember waiting for last Ramadan like it was yesterday....

MercifulSlave
04-14-2016, 02:11 AM
I love the atmosphere in Ramadan. Especially at night during/after taraweeh. You can feel something in the air. May Allah allow us to have another blessed Ramadan and may Allah make it easy for us

strivingobserver98
04-15-2016, 05:05 PM
:ia: we get a fruitful harvest :statisfie.

Hamza :)
04-15-2016, 05:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
:ia: we get a fruitful harvest :statisfie.

Better check the authenticity of the hadith before sharing :)

Firstly, the statement: "Rajab is the Month of Allah, Sha`ban is my month, and Ramadan is the month of my Ummah" is a Hadith Mawdu` (fabricated Hadith). Its Sanad (chain of narrators) includes Abu Bakr ibn Al-Hasan Al-Naqqash who is accused of fabrication, and Al-Kisa'y who is unknown and his name was mentioned in Al-La'ali' fy Al-Mawdu`at [reference book about fabricated Hadiths].

http://www.alifta.net/Fatawa/FatawaC...eNo=1&BookID=7

Serinity
04-15-2016, 05:53 PM
:salam:

May Allah make this month a means of guidance and an immense source of rewards and blessings. Ameen.

strivingobserver98
04-16-2016, 02:34 PM
Become a better Muslim NOW.

strivingobserver98
04-18-2016, 12:31 PM
50 days until Ramadan!

Halfway there!

ramen-thelegend
04-20-2016, 10:23 AM
49 days left!:shade:
yeahhhh!

strivingobserver98
04-20-2016, 11:23 AM
اللهم بارك لنا فى رجب وشعبان وبلغنا رمضان

Allahumma barek lana fi Rajab wa Sha’ban wa balighna Ramadan.

O Allah, Make the months of Rajab and Sha’ban blessed for us and allow us to reach Ramadan.

ramen-thelegend
04-25-2016, 01:59 AM
45 days left!:D

strivingobserver98
04-25-2016, 09:25 PM
Son: Baba, I miss Ramadan, do you think it misses us too?

Baba: Of course dear, that's why it comes 10 days earlier each year!:)

Serinity
04-25-2016, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
Son: Baba, I miss Ramadan, do you think it misses us too?

Baba: Of course dear, that's why it comes 10 days earlier each year!:)

When I was small, my lill bro used to say "when does Bayram (Eid) come?" :D

So cute. :)

lonewolf007
04-25-2016, 11:06 PM
I can't wait, I really need a spiritual cleansing

ardianto
04-26-2016, 01:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lonewolf007
I can't wait, I really need a spiritual cleansing
You don't have to wait until Ramadan if you want to do spiritual cleansing because you can start it right now.

strivingobserver98
04-26-2016, 03:24 PM
Approximately 40 days left!

Best time to get prepared is... NOW :).

lonewolf007
04-26-2016, 04:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
You don't have to wait until Ramadan if you want to do spiritual cleansing because you can start it right now.
Yeah I know I didn't mean that just the hype and atmosphere of Ramadan is awesome and naturally want to do more and feel focuses and motivated alhumdulillah.

ConcealedGem
04-26-2016, 06:35 PM
In sha Allah we live to see Ramadan this year.. May Allah forgive us for our sins and make us amongst the best of Muslims. ❤️

noraina
04-28-2016, 10:02 AM
Ameen

ramen-thelegend
04-29-2016, 11:29 AM
41 days left!

get ready!

noraina
04-29-2016, 11:59 AM

strivingobserver98
05-01-2016, 02:59 PM
Ramadan Preparation

To better welcome the blessed month, start training your soul. Train it to say no to misusing your time as from now. When Ramadan comes & passes us by, we crave for more time, we wonder where has the time gone. It will definitely fly us by, *but*, we *can* have a blessed time – accomplishing a lot in otherwise little time. Time spent on TV shows is time wasted. Train your soul to say no to your eyes & ears that seek useless & harmful entertainment. Be grateful for time given to you by using it well, and it will be blessed & 'increased'. "

Via Reflections of a Slave of Allah.

sister herb
05-01-2016, 03:06 PM

agne
05-01-2016, 03:44 PM
What is so good in Ramadan, why you like it so much?

05-01-2016, 04:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by agne
Here you go:-
https://islamqa.info/en/13480
https://islamqa.info/en/12468

sister herb
05-01-2016, 04:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by agne
The feeling of the spiritual awakening.

strivingobserver98
05-03-2016, 05:05 PM

strivingobserver98
05-04-2016, 01:45 PM
“The Master of the Months is Ramadan, and the Master of the days is Friday.”
[Ibn Khuzaymah]

strivingobserver98
05-05-2016, 11:37 AM
To help us truly value the month of Ramadān, we need to take lessons from the Ramadān of those who did value this blessed month. Let us take a glimpse at how our pious Imams spent the month of Ramadān:

Imām Abū Hanīfah rahimahullāh and Imām Shāfi‘ī rahimahullāh would complete the Qur’ān twice daily in the month of Ramadān, with the latter completing the Qur’ān one more time during the night of ‘Īd and yet again during the day.

Imām Mālik rahimahullāh and Sufyān Thawrī rahimahullāh both would leave their everyday engagements and spend the whole time in the recitation of the Qur’ān. (Latā’if-ul-Ma‘ārif)

Imām Bukhārī rahimahullāh used to complete the Qur’ān 41 times in the Month of Ramadān; once every day, once during the whole month in the tarāwīh prayer, and ten juz daily in Tahajjud salāh.

noraina
05-05-2016, 12:39 PM

strivingobserver98
05-05-2016, 12:42 PM

So true.

Let us not waste 1 minute, as soon as this blessed month arrives.

Remember that Uncle Shaytan will be taking a vacation :D. Alhamdulilah.

~ Sabr ~
05-07-2016, 09:56 AM
SubhaanAllaah just a month left.....30 days!

BilalKid
05-07-2016, 12:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~ Sabr ~
SubhaanAllaah just a month left.....30 days!
:masha:

noraina
05-07-2016, 12:28 PM
InshaAllah there won't be too much moon-fighting this year :D I really hope it is like last year, I think pretty much everyone began and ended Ramadan on the same day.

strivingobserver98
05-07-2016, 12:31 PM
InshaAllah there won't be too much moon-fighting this year
:ia:.

Reminds me of this video :D:

noraina
05-07-2016, 12:38 PM
Lol, it is pretty serious though! Some people get so worked up subhanAllah, I make dua every year no moon-wars begin, people hold the grudge till the next Ramadan.

BeTheChange
05-07-2016, 01:25 PM
Allah Hu Akbar!

Allaah has made fasting Ramadaan and spending its nights in prayer out of faith and in the hope of reward a means of forgiveness of sins, as was proven in al-Saheehayn (al-Bukhaari, 2014; Muslim, 760) from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“Whoever fasts Ramadaan out of faith and in the hope of reward, his previous sins will be forgiven.” And al-Bukhaari (2008) and Muslim (174) also narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever spends the nights of Ramadaan in prayer out of faith and in the hope of reward, his previous sins will be forgiven.”

Alhamdulilah a very precious opportunity!!

strivingobserver98
05-08-2016, 06:59 AM

~ Sabr ~
05-08-2016, 07:12 AM
InshaAllah there won't be too much moon-fighting this year
No Ramadan is complete without moon fighting! That's a regular thing now :hiding::skeleton:

ConcealedGem
05-08-2016, 09:34 PM
RAMADHAN EXCITEMENT

ARE YOU READY???

Spiritual Detox for Ramadan.
*** START PREPARATION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE ***
1.Keep free from eating high-calorie flesh (gossip) of others no matter how juicy.
2.Switch to fat free truths.
3.Avoid artificial tempers.
4.Do voice therapy by reciting the Qur'an.
5.Purify your eyes by crying in Dua.
6.Do hand reflexology on tasbeehs.
7.Brighten your smile by using a miswaak.
8.Take the weight off your shoulders by paying your Zakaat.
9.Shrug of those extra kilos of sins by repenting

Pass it on to everyone. May Allah Swt bless us all in this holy month of Ramadaan. Amin [emoji4]

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

strivingobserver98
05-08-2016, 09:50 PM

Added little countdown to drum up the excitement!

Will need to get rid of yellow background though :O.

noraina
05-08-2016, 09:56 PM
I was just going say here I noticed the timer, subhanAllah already adding to my excitement. :)

BilalKid
05-08-2016, 11:05 PM
so close!!! :phew

Bhabha
05-09-2016, 04:07 AM
For some reason I feel lonely during Ramadan :/

noraina
05-09-2016, 08:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bhabha
Oh sis, I understand if you do not have a particularly welcoming community at the mosque or it is too far away, but what if on some days you opened or broke your fast with a Muslim sister?

Or you can always hang out with the community here, :), give us a salaam after suhoor or something.

05-09-2016, 08:50 AM
post your suhoor and iftar food pics on the food thread :shade:

noraina
05-09-2016, 09:27 AM

strivingobserver98
05-09-2016, 11:23 AM
Countdown going down everyday, every minute and second..

Ramadan the time to make and break habits!

Kiro
05-09-2016, 11:27 AM
yall are just excited for the food innit

ConcealedGem
05-09-2016, 11:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
No.

Excited by the mercy of Allah azzawajal, forgiveness and numerous amount of blesssssings.

Excited by the atmosphere.

Excited by taraweeh prayers.

And of course excited because it was the month of Quraaaaan. [emoji178][emoji178]

Amazing. :)
الحمد لله

IA

Kiro
05-09-2016, 11:32 AM
party pooper

noraina
05-09-2016, 12:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro

Lol, I actually eat less during Ramadan - alhamdulillah the fact this month has been blessed by Allah SWT as a month of mercy and reflection, and the spiritual benefits of this month which are practically countless - food is the least of my concerns :)

ConcealedGem
05-09-2016, 01:26 PM
Excited. :)

Bhabha
05-09-2016, 03:16 PM
Oh sis, I understand if you do not have a particularly welcoming community at the mosque or it is too far away, but what if on some days you opened or broke your fast with a Muslim sister?

Or you can always hang out with the community here, :), give us a salaam after suhoor or something.
Well my parents don't like me out late and past sundown so i celebrate Ramadan by myself because no one at home celebrates. Music everywhere because my brother listens to it loudly... [emoji24][emoji31] I smell food all day long because I'm either home or outside where people eat....

noraina
05-09-2016, 03:45 PM
Well my parents don't like me out late and past sundown so i celebrate Ramadan by myself because no one at home celebrates. Music everywhere because my brother listens to it loudly... I smell food all day long because I'm either home or outside where people eat....
Maybe you could invite some sisters over a few of the days? About your brother, try telling him to tone it down lol, our neighbours play their music really loud, we have to remind them every now and then to calm down a little.

Think of all the extra rewards you would be getting though for the struggles, :), may Allah SWT make it easy for you and give you barakah for your commitment to Islam. Ameen!

Bhabha
05-09-2016, 03:48 PM
Maybe you could invite some sisters over a few of the days? About your brother, try telling him to tone it down lol, our neighbours play their music really loud, we have to remind them every now and then to calm down a little.

Think of all the extra rewards you would be getting though for the struggles, :), may Allah SWT make it easy for you and give you barakah for your commitment to Islam. Ameen!
Sisters don't want to come over lol. I have animals, dog cats and I don't eat animals, and most Muslims want to eat meat for breaking the fast during Ramadan. [emoji28]

I know im complaining. I do ask my bro to turn down his music and sometimes he happily complies.

Ramadan is the current only reason I actually want to get married. To fast with someone and pray and break the fast. But that's all for the moment [emoji39][emoji39][emoji39][emoji28]

strivingobserver98
05-12-2016, 01:19 PM
[emoji523]Ramadan Countdown[emoji523] Extracts from Khawlah bint Yayha

Our journey to the Hereafter is full of difficulties and tests, this is our way to prove who we are and this process includes injustice being done to us at the hands of others. If we truly want Allah’s love and forgiveness we must remember that the hurts of this world are only temporary.

Look at this beautiful treasure:
I guarantee a house in Jannah (Paradise) for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a house in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners. [Imam Abu Dawud]

To motivate us to be the first in showing our good behaviour,...

strivingobserver98
05-17-2016, 04:23 PM
سبحان الله it feels just like yesterday I made this "100" day thread.

Now 20 Days Left!

During the last 20 Days I will be sharing reminders like the one below each day :).

_E_3
05-17-2016, 04:31 PM
i cant wait for Ramadan my first av am actually doing thing for it eg reading the Qu'ran and making a dua list
not been to the mosque during Ramadan i e mail an iman and am going to go to the Mosque on Friday ( if am well enough. my husband is taking me there and hanging about in town while and there then coming to get me )

~ Sabr ~
05-18-2016, 07:56 AM
19 days left subhaanAllah :love:

strivingobserver98
05-18-2016, 03:18 PM
19 days [emoji736][emoji817]

strivingobserver98
05-19-2016, 03:37 PM
18 Days!

BeTheChange
05-19-2016, 07:34 PM
Subhana Allah.

Frightening how fast the days go.

Reminds me of one of the minor signs:

"Time will be shortened so that a year will be like a month, a month like a day, a day like an hour."
May Allah swt save us from the punishment of the hereafter Ameen.

strivingobserver98
05-20-2016, 03:44 PM
السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ

17 Days! [emoji92][emoji92][emoji92]

strivingobserver98
05-21-2016, 05:32 PM
16 Days [emoji4].

strivingobserver98
05-22-2016, 05:58 PM
15 Days!

_E_3
05-22-2016, 08:47 PM
YAY 15 DAYS !!!! I CANT WAIT :Crescent:

strivingobserver98
05-25-2016, 04:44 PM
12 Days!

strivingobserver98
05-26-2016, 03:56 PM
11 days! [emoji916][emoji917]

BeTheChange
05-26-2016, 07:33 PM
Allah Hu Akbar!!

The days are going so fast.

Not long to go now.

Has anyone been doing any optional fasts as it's the month of Shabaan?

BeTheChange
05-29-2016, 12:47 PM
Alhamdulilah 8 days to go now!!

May Allah swt give us all the opportunity to see Ramadan & to benefit from Ramdan as much as possible Ameen.

strivingobserver98
05-29-2016, 04:59 PM
The month of Ramadhan has rightly been described as the month of the Qur'an. The special connection between the two can be gauged in the way scholars used to put aside all other asks so as to concentrate on recitation of the sacred book. Such was their dedication to this task that they would be given immense tawfiq from Allah in excelling in their endeavours.

Ibn Hajr al Asqalani relates that Ibn Abdul Hakam said: Imam Malik used to put aside the narrating of hadith as well as sitting to disseminate knowledge when the month of Ramadhan entered. He would set himself to recite the Qur'an from the mushaf. This is also related of others such as al-Zuhri, it is also related that Imam Shafi' used to recite sixty complesions of the Qur'an outside the prayer during Ramadhan. This is also related regarding Imam Abu Hanifah.

Today, we understand the concept of a night shift - it is possible for someone to work the entire night for the sake of the Dunya, but we become bewailed with the concept of a night shift for the sake of Allah - spending it in recitation of the Qur'an, Salawat, Adhkaar etc.

- Huzaifa Saleh

strivingobserver98
05-29-2016, 05:31 PM
8 Days! Approx a week to go!

strivingobserver98
05-31-2016, 06:29 PM
6 Days! So quick سبحان الله

BeTheChange
06-03-2016, 06:02 PM
Alhamdulilah!!!!

Nearly here. :D:D

May Allah swt help us utilise our time Ameen.

strivingobserver98
06-04-2016, 06:20 PM
2 Days!

Start your last minute preparations now! Don't waste time!

noraina
06-05-2016, 03:53 PM
SubhanAllah, 1 day left. So excited and no words or emojis can justify it alhamdulillah...

I'm counting the minutes now.

paramita25288
06-06-2016, 06:19 AM
Ramadan Kareem 9hrs to go now

May this Ramadan be a month full of forgiveness and guidance for you and your family..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.