/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it necessary to accept islam to get god?

pooja
02-27-2016, 10:55 PM
Is it necessary to accept islam to get god.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
02-27-2016, 10:56 PM
Erm. What?

pooja
02-27-2016, 11:01 PM
i am a hindu girl and my my question is ....is it necessary to accept islam to get god ?

strivingobserver98
02-27-2016, 11:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by pooja
i am a hindu girl and my my question is ....is it necessary to accept islam to get god ?
In Islam we do not worship any creation. Only the creator.

{THE GREATEST DESCRIPTION OF A GOD}

1. SAY HE IS ALLAH, THE ONE (One God).

2.THE ETERNAL, ABSOLUTE (He was not born and neither will he ever die.

3.HE BEGETS NOT (He does not give birth) NOR WAS HE BEGOTTEN (nor was birth given to Him).

4.AND THERE IS NONE COMPARABLE UNTO HIM.

(Nothing could be compared to him in any shape, form, abilities and capabilities, attributes or characteristic).
---------------------------------------------------
There is no God worthy of worship except Allah.

(Surah Al Ikhlas http://quran.com/112)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
eesa the kiwi
02-27-2016, 11:38 PM
"
003:085 Quran
And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.

The-Deist
02-27-2016, 11:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi
"
003:085 Quran
And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.
This does not answer her question in any way.

Scimitar
02-28-2016, 12:16 AM
The answer is YES.

Scimi

azc
02-28-2016, 03:00 AM
Yajur Veda 3:32: "...Of that God you cannot make any images."Yajur Veda 32:3: "God is formless and bodiless".......Yajur Veda 40:8:"All those who worship the uncreated things, they are in darkness, and you'll enter more into darkness if you worship the created things."......Rig Veda, Vol.8,1:1: "All Praise are to Him alone"......Rig Veda, Vol.6,45:16: "There is only One God, worship Him."

azc
02-28-2016, 03:10 AM
A good article on Hinduism...http://www.vedmandir.com/content/idol-worship

Insaanah
02-28-2016, 01:07 PM
Welcome to the forum, pooja.

format_quote Originally Posted by pooja
Is it necessary to accept islam to get god?
Please could you explain what you mean by "getting god"?

The One True God, whose name is Allah, is already everyone's God. He is the Creator of the Universe, and He created us, and He sustains all of us. Whether a person doesn't believe that He exists, or a person believes in lots of gods alongside or instead of him, Allah is still their only True God and Lord and Creator, and the only One worthy of being worshipped without any associate in His Divinity.

Islam teaches us the right beliefs about God. See the followoing analogy:

Let's take the number 1. That number can be manipulated, by multiplying, dividing, adding or subtracting.

This is what various groups of people have wrongly done over the years with their beliefs about God.

Some have multiplied the number, and believe in many gods.

Others have divided the number, and believe in many gods in one, such as the trinity (or 3 = 1 or 1 = 3)

Some have added, by worshipping God, but then also worshipping and praying to others such as Mary (peace be on her), or saints etc along with Him.

And others, such as atheists, have subtracted, by saying there is no God.

Regardless of this manipulation, the number 1 always remains the number 1 and does not itself change, and cannot itself never not be 1.

So what is the original and true belief without any change or manipulation?

1slam.

Do these posts answer your question? If not please post here to elaborate on your question, or please feel free to ask further questions.

Peace.

Serinity
03-03-2016, 06:17 PM
We worship the creator, not the created. We don't know how Allah looks like, and it isn't important.

Just reflect on the universe. etc.

May Allah guide you. Ameen.

Serinity
03-03-2016, 06:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
Welcome to the forum, pooja.

Please could you explain what you mean by "getting god"?

The One True God, whose name is Allah, is already everyone's God. He is the Creator of the Universe, and He created us, and He sustains all of us. Whether a person doesn't believe that He exists, or a person believes in lots of gods alongside or instead of him, Allah is still their only True God and Lord and Creator, and the only One worthy of being worshipped without any associate in His Divinity.

Islam teaches us the right beliefs about God. See the followoing analogy:

Let's take the number 1. That number can be manipulated, by multiplying, dividing, adding or subtracting.

This is what various groups of people have wrongly done over the years with their beliefs about God.

Some have multiplied the number, and believe in many gods.

Others have divided the number, and believe in many gods in one, such as the trinity (or 3 = 1 or 1 = 3)

Some have added, by worshipping God, but then also worshipping and praying to others such as Mary (peace be on her), or saints etc along with Him.

And others, such as atheists, have subtracted, by saying there is no God.

Regardless of this manipulation, the number 1 always remains the number 1 and does not itself change, and cannot itself never not be 1.

So what is the original and true belief without any change or manipulation?

1slam.

Do these posts answer your question? If not please post here to elaborate on your question, or please feel free to ask further questions.

Peace.
My natural belief has always been One God..

But there is something confusing me, my argument is that there is only One God, otherwise there would be conflict. and God wouldn't be all-powerful. Which goes against my natural belief in God. I mean, God is The Supreme, Perfect etc. So by that, He SWT has no rival, thus is One, etc.

It comes to me naturally, but I need some arguments. In shaa' Allah you can help.

Like, with the numbers example..

the number: 1. Without altering or subtracting etc. it will remain one..

but, the same can be said with the number: 2... 4....7...8... etc. If you do not do anything... It will remain 8... I have other arguments to counter this..

May Allah help me. Ameen.

Insaanah
03-05-2016, 04:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
My natural belief has always been One God..

But there is something confusing me, my argument is that there is only One God, otherwise there would be conflict. and God wouldn't be all-powerful. Which goes against my natural belief in God. I mean, God is The Supreme, Perfect etc. So by that, He SWT has no rival, thus is One, etc.

It comes to me naturally, but I need some arguments. In shaa' Allah you can help.

Like, with the numbers example..

the number: 1. Without altering or subtracting etc. it will remain one..

but, the same can be said with the number: 2... 4....7...8... etc. If you do not do anything... It will remain 8... I have other arguments to counter this..

May Allah help me. Ameen.
But how many people say they believe in two, four, seven or eight gods? Not many. Most of the world claim to believe in one God, but then associate others with him:

And most of them believe not in Allah except while they associate others with Him. (Qur'an 12:106)

That's why I gave that analogy.

All numbers, apart from one, are multiples of one.

Also, it shows that even if someone contends that there are lots of gods, there is still only one.

To counter the two, four, eight or many others, don't know if this rough analogy would help:

Imagine, a person has a mother who gave birth to him. Brought him up, loved him one of the greatest loves of all, provided him with everything, woke up in the middle of the night when he was ill, etc. But then this person says, how do I know that just you are my mother? You are nothing special. You are just one of many mothers I have. There are lots of women in the world and they are all my mothers, and so therefore I am going to venerate and respect them the same as I do you, they all deserve that same veneration from me. And so he tries to seek out every woman in the world, so that he can give them the same love he gives his mum, the same respect, and serves them the same.

How can that be right, correct, or fair? How would his mother feel? This would be seen as him completely losing the plot.

That's just a very rough analogy. While we do not have a parental relationship with God, He created the universe, created us, and is the only One worthy of worship. He alone is our Lord.
http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...ml#post2837445

Serinity
03-05-2016, 08:47 PM
But how many people say they believe in two, four, seven or eight gods? Not many. Most of the world claim to believe in one God, but then associate others with him:

And most of them believe not in Allah except while they associate others with Him. (Qur'an 12:106)

That's why I gave that analogy.

All numbers, apart from one, are multiples of one.

Also, it shows that even if someone contends that there are lots of gods, there is still only one.

To counter the two, four, eight or many others, don't know if this rough analogy would help:

http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...ml#post2837445
Ahhhhhh.............

Something hit me.

Whom we call "God" is the One who created this universe. So by default we assume that God initiated creation.

I believe in only One God, cause I find it insulting, both intellectually and spiritually. Cause God is the Master etc. All-powerful.

And Allah says in the Quran that if there, Allah forbid me from ever falling into shirk, says that if there ever was a God besides Allah, Allah Himself would have destroyed that God.

Still confused tho. Logically that is. Yeah. :D I ain't giving up on Allah.

Overall, belief in One God alone, seems to be the most fair choice. Cause when we think of God, we think of God in the most perfect form. No flaw etc. Therefore such a god could only be One God, with no rivals.

OmAbdullah
03-05-2016, 11:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by StrivingforDeen
This does not answer her question in any way.

This has definitely answered her question because he has mentioned the verse from the Holy Quraan which says, (translation):

This is a verse from surah Aali-Imraan in the Holy Quraan. This is the direct Command of Allah which no one can challenge.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.