/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Memorise Hadith

Muslim Woman
02-28-2016, 06:12 AM
:sl:

( few short chapters from various articles)

Bismillah, alhamdulillah, wa salat wa salam ala Rasulullah

.....How about a Telephone Game?

One bro calls another bro and says, “Fakhbirni anil Imaan? (Tell me about Imaan)” and then the other replies,

“An tuminu billah, wa malaikati, wa kutubihi…” (Its to believe in Allah, His angels, His books…)

Depending on your phone-rates you could pretty much call any student who is serious enough for this and just go back and forth.

Could be pretty neat. I haven’t tried it, but I could see myself doing it.

My oldest method for memorizing hadith involves taking notes from audio talks and taking special note as to “how” the speaker says the hadith: the rhythm, intonations, emphasis, every aspect of it- and make that memorable, like how people make comedic impersonations memorable- and then write the text down and review it consistently, re-playing the voice of the speaker saying it.

.Subhana kallahumma wa bihamdika ash-haduana la illaha illa ant astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk, ameen.

Ishaq ibn Ibrahim ibn Rahwaya (d 238) said,
‘I never wrote something except I memorized it. Never have I written something except I memorized it. And I am today, it is as if I am looking at 70,000 ahadith in my books, it is as if I am looking at them right in front of me.’ And he Ishaq ibn rahawaya also said ‘I know the places of a hundred & thousand ahadith. It is as if I am looking at them in front of me right now. And I memorized 70,000 ahadith of them which are authentic, & 4000 of them which are not authentic.’
Imaam Ahmed said,
‘I memorized a thousand thousand (1 million) hadith with the chain of narration’. This was made into poetry by Imaam Sar’sari who was a poet. He wrote in his poem: ‘Imaam Ahmed gathered in his heart one million ahadith.’ Then he said, ‘he was asked in 60,000 issues (people wanted fatawa from him) all of this he answered with hadasana so and so narrated to us that so & so narrated to us that so & so narrated to us that the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam) said this & so and so. He answered the one asking just by reading out the ahadith in sixty thousand issues.’

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kiro
02-28-2016, 07:37 AM
lets do this. We can do this. It's amazing Allah can have you memorise over 10 thousand!

Let's make dua after Tahajud. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.