/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you struggle with spirituality?

moshara
02-29-2016, 05:36 AM
Assalaamou'alaikoum

I’m doing some research for a new project on Muslim Professionals & Spirituality.

I’m looking for kind-hearted brothers and sisters to spare 15 minutes to answer a few of my questions. It would be immensely helpful to me in figuring out my next steps.

1. What do you find is the biggest struggle Muslim professionals have with spirituality?

2. Why do you think it is so difficult?

3. What causes the problem?

4. What solutions do you try?

5. What sort of results do you see?

6. In a perfect world, what would be available to solve this problem?

Please PM me if you don't want to share your answers publicly (I'm not looking for long answers and please don't over think it!)

Jazaak Allahﷻ khairan.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
02-29-2016, 06:48 AM
It's a very lengthy issue...

moshara
02-29-2016, 07:19 AM
Assalaamou'alaikoum AZC

Care to share the gist? I'd love to know!

azc
02-29-2016, 07:59 AM
^What do you mean by 'professionals'?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
moshara
02-29-2016, 08:27 AM
Please let me explain a little more...

Muslim professional: anyone following Islam who is applying their knowledge and skills to gain experience and/or earn a living
Spirituality: being concerned with the teachings of Islam and feeling the connection with Allahﷻ

Hope this helps!

azc
02-29-2016, 10:58 AM
1: They're reluctant to accede to proper channel which is ingrained in family tree of the perfect shaykh....2: It's incumbent on them to surrender to the instructions of their shaykh....3: Pride and arrogance of knowledge....4: They've to purify the intention for purification of soul, moreover, they've to mould their lives in accordance with kitab o sunnah....5: Positive ones....6: Perfect world is beyond imaginations

moshara
02-29-2016, 01:43 PM
This is really helpful, brother!

Jazaak Allahﷻ khairan

greenhill
02-29-2016, 04:58 PM
1)

Intermingling, entertainment, prayers
The nature of their work? Anything involving riba etc..
Also not doing an honest days work for the wages is also not spiritually good..

Others maybe another time..

:peace:

moshara
03-01-2016, 06:00 AM
Thanks greenhill - waiting for the "others"!

SSHorror
03-05-2016, 06:50 PM
Not Muslim but I can tell you I struggle completely with my spirituality. In fact I'd say it was non-existent. I'm a heathen Christian, my views of Christianity is blasphemous to all Christian Churches and that includes my belief that prayer is useless.

I've always believed in God due to reason and philosophical reasons not due to matters of faith.

The-Deist
03-05-2016, 10:15 PM
I don't think I ever pay attention to my "spiritual side".

crookedrib
03-05-2016, 11:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by StrivingforDeen
I don't think I ever pay attention to my "spiritual side".
That explains a lot. Maybe you should start paying attention then.

The-Deist
03-05-2016, 11:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crookedrib
That explains a lot. Maybe you should start paying attention then.
How do you pay attention to it?

crookedrib
03-05-2016, 11:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by StrivingforDeen
How do you pay attention to it?
You turn and reach out to your Lord. You pray and ask him to guide you to the siraat al mustaqeem.

moshara
03-06-2016, 04:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crookedrib
You turn and reach out to your Lord. You pray and ask him to guide you to the siraat al mustaqeem.
Was it easy for your to 'turn & reach' or did you strive / are you striving now to connect with your Lord?

crookedrib
03-10-2016, 12:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by moshara
Was it easy for your to 'turn & reach' or did you strive / are you striving now to connect with your Lord?
I don't think I've ever actually struggled but there are times when I do have low imaan. Fasting and reciting Qur'an really helps me alhamdulillah.

To your questions in the OP: I believe the most problematic thing for Muslims is fitnah, especially those living in the west. And on top of that, it's the lack of true muslim role models. That's what I feel anyway.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.