/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion Separate section for anonymous counselling

Umm Abed
03-06-2016, 10:05 AM
Salaams,

Can we have a separate counselling section for anonymous users ?

This will be better because it will be clearly seen and more practical.

Mods can you please look into this?

:jz:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
03-06-2016, 10:16 AM
:salamext:

That's a very risky thing to do. We're not councillors nor is there anyone on the forum to provide any sort of counseling.

Umm Abed
03-06-2016, 10:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
:salamext:

That's a very risky thing to do. We're not councillors nor is there anyone on the forum to provide any sort of counseling.
But there is platform for anonymous counselling, as we can see it is active on the forum.

The only difference being that it is not in a separate section of its own.

Muhammad
03-06-2016, 11:21 AM
:wasalamex

:jz: for your suggestion. We have deliberately avoided the word 'counselling' to avoid misleading people, because too many people will understand it as denoting a high level of expertise and almost infallible advice. The Advice and Support section is intended as seeking advice for simple problems from fellow members who have experienced similar issues, and providing consolation during times of trial. For anything more, we encourage people to refer to appropriate services like Shariah Councils or professional counsellors.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Abed
03-06-2016, 11:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
:wasalamex

:jz: for your suggestion. We have deliberately avoided the word 'counselling' to avoid misleading people, because too many people will understand it as denoting a high level of expertise and almost infallible advice. The Advice and Support section is intended as seeking advice for simple problems from fellow members who have experienced similar issues, and providing consolation during times of trial. For anything more, we encourage people to refer to appropriate services like Shariah Councils or professional counsellors.
Alhamdulillah. I understand your explanation and am happy with it. Just one point - can you make a separate section for anonymous advice seekers, also write 'unregistered user' under the 'anonymous' title?

Muhammad
03-06-2016, 12:10 PM
Did you mean giving the Advice and Support section its own category, so it's not part of the General forums? As for writing 'unregistered user', this might not always apply because a number of the registered members might also use that account.

Umm Abed
03-06-2016, 12:14 PM
Did you mean giving the Advice and Support section its own category, so it's not part of the General forums? As for writing 'unregistered user', this might not always apply because a number of the registered members might also use that account.
No not that section but just a section for anonymous users - maybe within that forum. The reason being that when the anonymous users are merged in the Advice and Support section it does seem like its one person writing, thats how I made the mistake. But if its all in one section then it will be understood to be different people.

Muhammad
03-06-2016, 01:26 PM
I understand what you mean about the anonymous account... it does sometimes cause confusion, especially if more than one person uses it in the same thread (which isn't generally supposed to occur). But it is basically one account which anyone is free to use - users are not merged. If we made a separate section where there were multiple accounts, I think that could potentially also cause confusion. It seems easier to have just one account which we understand to be open to use by all.

If you have any further suggestions, do let us know. :ia: we will take them on board.

Umm Abed
03-06-2016, 04:11 PM
Ok, how about having the same one account within the Advice section and it should be clearly marked for the purpose its intended?

The idea is to have it stand out so no mistake in the future can happen. I dread another blunder.

Insaanah
03-06-2016, 05:04 PM
:salam: sister,

:jz: for thinking of this suggestion.

format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Ok, how about having the same one account within the Advice section and it should be clearly marked for the purpose its intended?

The idea is to have it stand out so no mistake in the future can happen. I dread another blunder.
There's a sticky thread, when you click on the advice and support section, ie one of the threads that are stuck at the top. This is the direct link:

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...s-posting.html

I've just posted there to clarify that all anonymous's are not necessarily the same person.

Umm Abed
03-06-2016, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
:salam: sister,

:jz: for thinking of this suggestion.

There's a sticky thread, when you click on the advice and support section, ie one of the threads that are stuck at the top. This is the direct link:

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...s-posting.html

I've just posted there to clarify that all anonymous's are not necessarily the same person.
:wa:sister,

:jz:for your input as well.

Thanks for updating and making it clear in that thread. I just hope that no one misses it.

As a fairly regular user, I used to see this anonymous poster and always think its the same person who had some multiple personality, lol, and then I always ignored the posts. But the day I replied to one thats when I made a big error, referring something from another anonymous poster to a particular poster, thinking its the one and same person; and then it was brought to my attention, thats when I deleted my comments.

I do hope that other readers dont make this mistake.

Muhammad
03-06-2016, 06:15 PM
The other thing is that the signature of the account says, 'IB Forum Anonymous Account. Available to those who wish to be anonymous in the Advice & Support section.'

:ia: this will also help minimise confusion. If we think of anything else we can consider implementing that too :ia:.

Umm Abed
03-06-2016, 06:19 PM
The other thing is that the signature of the account says, 'IB Forum Anonymous Account. Available to those who wish to be anonymous in the Advice & Support section.'

:ia: this will also help minimise confusion. If we think of anything else we can consider implementing that too :ia:.
Yes this could be one option too, if its made bold and clear.

For the meanwhile, I cant think of anything else other than what Ive suggested, and your suggestion is also worthwhile.

:jz:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.