/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can't sleep? Suffering from Insomnia?

strivingobserver98
03-21-2016, 10:36 AM
Khalid bin Walid (Radiy'Allahu'anhu) reported that he suffered from insomnia and complained to the Prophet (SalAllahu'alayhi'wasalam).
The Prophet (SalAllahu'alayhi'wasalam) said to him, "Shall I teach you words that will make you go to sleep when you go to bed ? say them, Say (the below)":

اللَّهُمَّ رَبَّ السَّموَاتِ السَّبْعِ وَمَا أَظَلَّتْ وَ رَبَّ الْأَرضِين وَ مَا أقَلَّتْ وَ رَبِّ الشَّياطِينِ وَمَا أَضَلَّتْ كُنْ لِى جَارًا مِنْ شَرِّ خَلْقِكَ أَجْمَيِنَ أَنْ يَفْرُطَ عَلَىَّ أَحَدٌ مِنْهُمْ أَوْ أَنْ يَطْغَى ، عَزَّ جَارُكَ ، وَ تَبَارَكَ اسْمُكَ

Allahumma Rabbas Samawaatis-Sab'i, wa ma adhal-lat, wa Rabbal-aradina, wa ma aqal-lat, wa Rabbash-Shaiateena, wa ma adhal-lat kun li jaran min sharri khalqika ajma'een ay-yafruta 'alaya ahad-um-minhum, aw ay-yatgha. Azza jaruk, wa tabarakasmuk

"O Allah! Lord of the seven Firmaments and whatever they cover, Lord of the seven earths and whatever they contain, Creator of the devils and whoever they mislead, Be my Protector from the evil of all Your Creatures lest some of them may hasten with insolence against me or transgress the bounds. Honoured is he who is in Your Protection and Blessed is Your Name."

[Abu Dawud 4:12, at-Tabrani in his Al-Kahir and Al-Awsat, - Also in Sunan Tirmidhi with slight variations in wording].

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Moshy
03-21-2016, 12:05 PM
JazakAllah khair for such lovely hadith

azc
03-21-2016, 12:56 PM
Arabic text is not clear. :jz: for sharing. This dua is new to me.

strivingobserver98
03-21-2016, 01:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Arabic text is not clear. :jz: for sharing. This dua is new to me.

اللَّهُمَّ رَبَّ السَّموَاتِ السَّبْعِ وَمَا أَظَلَّتْ وَ رَبَّ الْأَرضِين وَ مَا أقَلَّتْ وَ رَبِّ الشَّياطِينِ وَمَا أَضَلَّتْ كُنْ لِى جَارًا مِنْ شَرِّ خَلْقِكَ أَجْمَيِنَ أَنْ يَفْرُطَ عَلَىَّ أَحَدٌ مِنْهُمْ أَوْ أَنْ يَطْغَى ، عَزَّ جَارُكَ ، وَ تَبَارَكَ اسْمُكَ

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noraina
04-08-2016, 09:39 AM
JazakAllah khayr for this post. I'm going to try this out inshaAllah.

I have mild insomnia, the slightest sound wakes me up and I never get more than 6 hours sleep :heated:- I'm doomed to take up at 5am for the rest of my life while everyone sleeps (although I do get a lot of work done :statisfie).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.