/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please, I need some revision help.

noraina
03-31-2016, 09:18 AM
Assalamu Alaykum,

I really really really need some help with my religious studies revision. Exams are in a month inshaAllah but part of the specification is 'The power of the Qur'an in the spread of Islam in Mecca from 610-622 CE', so basically how the power of the Qur'an brought people to the new religion. I have spent hours trawling through the internet and through all of my books and I am on the verge of pulling my hair out. I cannot seem to find a good brief summary of in what way the Qur'an affected the early converts to Islam. I have found the account of the conversion of Umar ibn Al-Khattab (RA) but I need a more general one.

Jazakimullahu khayran.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~ Sabr ~
03-31-2016, 09:38 AM
:wasalamex

Go to an Islamic bookshop and browse their Islamic history books - then the one that has the information, buy it and read through in detail at home?

Eric H
03-31-2016, 05:35 PM
Greetings and peace be with you noraina;

but part of the specification is 'The power of the Qur'an in the spread of Islam in Mecca from 610-622 CE', so basically how the power of the Qur'an brought people to the new religion.
Allah chooses whom he wills, so it seems he opened the hearts and minds of people to accept Islam. Without Allah, it would have been a cult and died.

Maybe you could write this essay in a way that explains why you are a Muslim today, or how any new Muslim reverts came into the faith today. However people come to believe today, must be the same as how they came to believe 1400 years ago. Explain what Islam inspires you / them to do. Pray five times a day, fast, give to the poor, families, dress modestly, the laws, dealing with anger, forgiving, living with Jews and Christians, etc. The greater Jihad of changing yourself.

Just a thought, so feel free to ignore, but pray for inspiration.

Blessings

Eric

Hamza :)
03-31-2016, 05:43 PM
Have you gone through Islam beliefs and practices by Yasmin Malik sister @noraina ?

:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BeTheChange
03-31-2016, 05:57 PM
Walaikumasalaam,

Have a look at the below mark schemes with some very similar questions;

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...W-MS-JAN13.PDF

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...W-MS-JUN13.PDF

You'll get a rough idea of what the examiners are looking for. That's if you are following the AQA examining board.

This one looks very relevant http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...01RSS11-SW.PDF

The above has a few book recommendations as well.

Wish you all the best.

noraina
03-31-2016, 09:55 PM
Wassalam,

Sister @sabr , I've been trying however the nearest Islamic book shop is so far faaaaar away, inshaAllah a visit is required though.

Brother @EricH, thank you so much for your insightful suggestions, certainly food for thought Alhamdulillah.

Brother @hamza I will look into it inshaAllah, jazakAllah.

Sister @BeTheChange , subhanAllah thank you for those mark schemes - yes I am doing AQA. A huge help, shukran.

Please made dua for me,

Scimitar
03-31-2016, 10:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Assalamu Alaykum,

I really really really need some help with my religious studies revision. Exams are in a month inshaAllah but part of the specification is 'The power of the Qur'an in the spread of Islam in Mecca from 610-622 CE', so basically how the power of the Qur'an brought people to the new religion. I have spent hours trawling through the internet and through all of my books and I am on the verge of pulling my hair out. I cannot seem to find a good brief summary of in what way the Qur'an affected the early converts to Islam. I have found the account of the conversion of Umar ibn Al-Khattab (RA) but I need a more general one.

Jazakimullahu khayran.
How many words do you need? and by when?

I won't do your homework for you, but I can give you some good pointers in sha Allah.

Scimi

Eric H
04-01-2016, 07:24 AM
Greetings and peace be with you noraina;

Don’t take my words too literally, but just some thoughts.

I missed the most important question in my last post, why do you believe Islam is the 'truth' and the true word of Allah? Why is it important to live this truth and pass it on?

As its April fool’s day, I could say I flew to the moon and back this morning on my winged horse, and you would be right not to believe me. But the prophet pbuh, also said he went up on a winged horse to meet other prophets who had died, this has to be the truth, but how did the prophet pbuh convince others this extraordinary claim was true? How does he convince you all his words are truth? His life was one of patience, kindness, forgiveness and compassion, what does this mean to you?

The prophet pbuh, inspired a generation, who in turn inspired the next generation, so Islam has been moved through every generation and it now rests with you. Your exam question relates to 610 when the prophet pbuh was alive, these people were a direct witness to his life. To me, this means they needed less faith than you do, you are separated by 1400 years, and still believe.

In a way, your belief is possibly more important today, than those witnesses 1400 years ago, they have done their part, it is now down to your generation to inspire the next, you cannot be the last link in a chain.

Your duas are more important than anyone else making them for you, they are about putting your life in line with the will of Allah.

Blessings

Eric

noraina
04-01-2016, 07:26 AM
Well, if you could some pointers would help, jazakAllah,

The length of the essay is not important really, it is more I just need some of the important facts on the power of the Qur'an and how and why it affected the early Muslims, then I trust myself to expand upon them and form my opinions around them inshaAllah :)

BeTheChange
04-01-2016, 05:15 PM
Asalamualykum,

Let us know how you get on in sha Allah.

You may be able to find other past exam papers on AQA website.

Please visit http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ...d-mark-schemes

Use your introduction to outline what the main stance of the essay will be.

•Essential part of an essay
•Provides mini map of where the essay will go and what will be covered
•Write simply and clearly
•Do not launch into detailed arguments
•Just say what you are going to cover in the order that will follow

Define key terms and the controversy around the terms if any.

Throughout the essay critically discuss your ideas to get the high points.

Conclusion
- Summarise, keep it brief and consider future research/implications.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.