/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fight Against Your Ego.

Abu Fauzi
04-01-2016, 11:01 AM
As-Salaam alaykum,
The Noble Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, said:-

"The fighter against unbelief is he who fights his ego in obeying Allah." [Tirmidhi, Tabarani, Ibn Majah]

Sufyan al-Thauri, may Allah be pleased with him, said: "I never dealt with anything stronger against me than my own ego; it was one time with me, and one time against me"... and Yahya Ibn Mu'az al-Razi, may Allah be Merciful to him, said: "Fight against your ego with the 4 swords of training:- eat little, sleep little, speak little and be patient when people harm you... then the ego will walk the path of obedience, like a fleeing horseman in the field of battle."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Smoke
04-01-2016, 11:47 AM
Like a wild horse that will be tamed

jazakAllah khair I'm glad u posted this *cough* @Timi Scar

BeTheChange
04-01-2016, 06:51 PM
Come on sis Smoke,

Every thread i've clicked on there's 'beef' between you and brother Timi Scar imsad.

Am sure you are joking around and don't mean no harm but you may unintentionally hurt someone's feelings.

Back to the topic - Ego. Pharaoh fed his ego too much and it blinded him from the truth. Subhana Allah. A scary trait.

May Allah swt save us from the bad traits Ameen.

Smoke
04-01-2016, 07:06 PM
how come I'm the only one shocked by his posts

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BeTheChange
04-01-2016, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Smoke
Brother Timi Scar has a direct approach and says it how it is.

Adding humour and sarcasm to his comments. :D

Others express themselves in a 'gentle' way. Not that brother Timi isn't gentle. I hope am not getting myself in a mess here.

We all have our own style of expressing ourselves.

Your new but you'll pick up on everyone's personality and character in sha Allah.

Hopefully no negativity.

crookedrib
04-01-2016, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Smoke
I am too, but sometimes it's best to let things be and not get involved, some people are just really....negative.

Smoke
04-01-2016, 07:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crookedrib
I am too, but sometimes it's best to let things be and not get involved, some people are just really....negative.
yeh but I can tell deep down he isn't like that, those that are usually the most sensitive people that have turned bitter/cold seeing the world - so you have to make them see it's not how they think it is - ok @Timi Scar

Scimitar
04-02-2016, 12:26 AM
And smoke - you got not substance - pun intended lol

Scimi

Smoke
04-02-2016, 08:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Timi Scar
And smoke - you got not substance - pun intended lol

Scimi
why scumi?

sister herb
04-02-2016, 09:02 AM
I wish that mods can do something to this endless "smoke this - timi that"- mess. I am tired to report when you go off topic as it happens every five seconds.

Please report each others posts, don´t start same this-that chatting again and again. We others really aren´t interesting.

noraina
04-02-2016, 09:18 AM
Ego can lead the nafs to so many other negative traits, the one which comes to my mind is pride - which itself leads to 'lesser' shirk.

It was the ego which lead Iblis, the Pharaoh, the towns of the ancient prophets, Abu Lahab and so many others astray. Truly frightening because with the ego you no longer realise you are doing anything wrong. It can even afflict those Muslims who seem to be 'religious' (a word used very loosely), when they perform their worship not for Allah but for the people to see, and they believe themselves to be superior to others - dare I say ISIS have a major, major ego problem, killing anyone not good enough for them left, right and centre.

Actually, when I think of it, it is the precise opposite of humility and submission - the very foundation of Islam. May Allah SWT protect us all from every being blinded by the 'ego'.

Abu Fauzi
11-23-2018, 08:48 PM
As-Salaam alaikum,
The Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, said:-

"The fighter against unbelief is he who fights his ego
in obeying Allah."
(Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, Tabarani)

Sufyan al-Thawri, may Allah be Merciful to him, said:- "I never dealt with anything stronger against me than my own ego; it was one time with me, and one time against me"... and Yahya Ibn Mu'az al-Razi said: "Fight against your ego with 4 swords of training:- eat little, sleep little, speak little and be patient when people harm you... then the ego will walk the path of obedience, like a fleeing horseman in the field of battle".

azc
11-24-2018, 03:25 AM
https://www.islamicboard.com/hadith/...0%2C9263929514

Fight Against Your Ego.
As-Salaam alaykum, The Noble Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, said:- 'The fighter against unbelief is he who fights his ego in obeying Allah.&...

AabiruSabeel
11-24-2018, 03:32 AM
Threads Merged

:threadmrg

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.