/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do I start getting up for fajr?

Mustafa16
04-05-2016, 06:04 PM
I have a problem.....I always oversleep and miss fajr.....part of it stems from the fact that I take medications which calm me down, and heavy doses of it, so even if I am semi awake at fajr time I can not get up because I feel paralyzed....even if I set my alarm, I STILL don't wake up......that's how much of a heavy sleeper I am.....and I keep asking my mother to wake me up for fajr, but she often doesn't get up for herself even, and even when she tries waking me up I still don't get up....and I sleep long hours, too....I usually sleep from 11:00 pm to 11:00 am on non school days, and from 9:30 to 7:10 on days I have school but my mom is a at work...(even though my bus arrives at 7:20).....when my mom is at work, and i go to school, she wakes me up by calling the home phone over and over, but what I do is I answer the phone and tell her ill get up, then after hanging up, i go back to sleep......i end up rushing my fajr, and only doing the fardh part of it....what should i do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza :)
04-05-2016, 06:27 PM
You need to be determined that you are going to wake up.
Set multiple alarms

Hamza :)
04-05-2016, 06:28 PM
May Allah make it easy for you

BeTheChange
04-05-2016, 06:58 PM
Asalamualykum,

Have you tired sleeping earlier than you usually sleep? If you sleep earlier you may be able to wake up when it's fajar time.

Maybe making the bed less comfortable so your not in so much comfort?

When you hear your alarm rub your eyes using the palm of your hand and your face to remove the sleep. Did you know this is sunnah? Also read the waking up dua for extra rewards as this is sunnah too. You can also try washing your face with cold water to get rid of the sleep.

What i find extremely useful is when you recite audoo-bilahi-minash-shayta-nirajeem bismilaa-hiraah-maniraheem

May Allah swt assist you to wake up & remove any laziness and sleep Ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noraina
04-05-2016, 08:18 PM
Assalamu Alaykum

Ensure that you recite the Ayatul Kursi before sleeping and make the sincere intention to wake up for Fajr (this really makes a difference). Make dua to Allah to help you wake up for Fajr, for we truly cannot do anything without His support.

Another useful trick is that we go through stages in our sleep, and if we try to wake ourselves up during rather than in-between a sleep phase it will be much more difficult if not impossible for some. One stage lasts around l.5 hours so try to plan your sleep and put the alarm on to wake you up after a multiple of that, after 3 or 4.5 or 6 hours or something.

Perhaps place your phone or alarm at a distance away from you? By the time you have answered it you would have gotten out of bed and wouldn't have the opportunity to fall back asleep.

May Allah make it easy for you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.