/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Business with Non-Muslims

muslim7
04-05-2016, 11:28 PM
Salam Aleikum brothers and sisters,

I have a consultation,

I'm a Muslim and I co-own a business with three other individuals that are Non-Muslims. The business is about selling leather goods such as briefcases, handbags, wallets, etc..

We are going to have launch events for some of our products/collections and there are going to be Muslims and Non-Muslims. One of our co-owners suggested to serve champagne at the end of the event for the Non-Muslims and also have water and juice/soda for the Muslims.

We are not going to sell any article that is considered to be prohibited in Islam but our public is also from other beliefs and religions and our business is based in the United States.

Also I know that when the company grows there are going to be more co-owners, shareholders, and event organizers and I will have less and less control on those subjects since my work is entirely focused on design.

What if I leave the venue at the same time that they start serving the champagne?

I really set a lot of rules and guidelines and they respect me as a Muslim and business partner but the other day they told me that they feel like I shut down every idea they have for social events with Muslims and Non-Muslims. One of the partners completely quit drinking or smoking and the other one never does that in front of me.

I would like to know your opinion about this.

Thank you very much

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
04-05-2016, 11:35 PM
Well I guess everybody brings there own food..

Are they here with you or are you here with them?

muslim7
04-05-2016, 11:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
Well I guess everybody brings there own food..

Are they here with you or are you here with them?
There is no food being served at the event. One of the event organizers wants to serve champagne for the Non-Muslims and Juice/Water/Soda for the Muslims.

M.I.A.
04-05-2016, 11:39 PM
:/

...sorry, my mistake.

Please await an appropriate response.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
LaSorcia
04-06-2016, 12:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim7
Salam Aleikum brothers and sisters,

One of the partners completely quit drinking or smoking and the other one never does that in front of me.

I would like to know your opinion about this.

Thank you very much
Hey, this is great news, right? You cannot change the heart of everyone around you, but one person in your business quit smoking and drinking! And the other quit at least part of the time. This is a great combination of your dawah and Allah speaking to them! You are not responsible for the behaviour of everyone in your business. But if you do the best you can to help them improve, you are doing a good job!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.