/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tawakkul

Khalid Saifullah
04-08-2016, 10:35 PM
Tawakkul means having complete trust and firm reliance in Allah Subhaanahu Wa Ta’ala alone. Allah Ta’ala is Al-Wakeel (the Disposer of Affairs) and upon whom one should place one’s trust in.

Allah Subhaanahu Wa Ta’ala has placed us into Darul Asbaab (a world of means). We have been commanded to make use of all the permissible means that Allah has provided us with, BUT be upon those means.

One must make use of means, believing that the “means” cannot produce any effect on its own. It is only Allah Taala who causes effect.

Sayiddina Umar ibnul-Khattaab (RA) was once passing by a group of farmers, sitting with some spades and shovels. He enquired from them, as to what were they doing there. They replied that they are waiting there, for their crops to grow ( without making any necessary effort for the sowing of seeds etc)....

We are those who have Tawakkul upon Allah! He then enquired from them, as to whether they had sowed the seeds? They replied in the negative. He replied that they are then, not people of Tawwakul, as one has to tie one’s camel first (make an effort himself,) and then place reliance ONLYon Allah Subhaanahu Wa Ta’ala to obtain the desired results.

In the battle of Uhud, Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam took the necessary means and thereafter made Dua to Allah Ta'ala to protect them from the enemy and grant them victory.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
hisnameiszzz
04-09-2016, 10:00 AM
I struggle with this one and have done for a while. Not sure if I will ever have complete tawakkul in Him. I try and I think I do, but then something goes wrong AGAIN and it's all shattered.

strivingobserver98
04-09-2016, 02:49 PM
:sl:

Beautiful Hadith:

‘Umar said, “I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, ‘If you were to rely on Allah as He should be relied on, He would provide for you as He provides for the birds. They go out early in the morning hungry and return in the evening full.’”

– Narrated by at-Tirmidhi and he said, “Hadith Hassan.”

noraina
04-09-2016, 03:07 PM
Like with my upcoming exams :), I always end up stressing myself far too much, I just need to remember that if I revise as much as I can, make sincere dua that I pass them, then I just need to trust in Allah to give me whatever is good for me, and if I do not get it there was goodness in that as well Alhamdulillah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.