/* */

View Full Version : Help for learning to pray

revertsister88
04-09-2016, 09:41 PM
Assalamu Alaikum!

I am a new revert and struggling with my salat.

I have cards that I use and read from to pray but I know this is not right and I want so much to learn off by heart inshaAllah

Has anyone got any tips or advice to help me? I guess it is just repetition that will get me there in the end but if anyone has any other ways I should be grateful to learn

Jazakallah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
04-09-2016, 10:44 PM
:wa:

Simple infographic explaining the Prayer: http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...t-praying.html

Regularly listen to the recitations of the opening Surah :).

eesa the kiwi
04-10-2016, 06:56 AM
this is my trick when i want to memorise something
take one line and read it to yourself ten times a day, after a few days without even trying to hard it sticks in your head and you will have it memorised (you can increase on the ten times a day but it isnt so much the amount rather it is being consistant each day)
basically doing this alhamdulilah i was able to memorise juz amma (granted it took me a few years but alhamdulilah i got there in the end)

give it a go, start with surah fatiha subhannalllah alhamdulilah this technique really worked for me
keep us posted in this thread inshaallah with how you are getting on

noraina
04-10-2016, 02:05 PM
Assalamu Alaykum,

When I am memorising Arabic, I learn one or two lines a day, and I get a little notebook (small enough to fit into a pocket) and write down the transliteration and throughout the day whenever I have a spare minute or something (waiting for the bus, or the kettle or just doing nothing) I whip it out and start revising.

Also read the English translation alongside it! I have no idea why but when I know what the words mean in English the Arabic is so much more easier to remember.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.