/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I injured my toe

BrokenToe
04-10-2016, 02:24 PM
I've had a black toe for about two months now. I obtained this injury whilst playing football. When I went to the doctor he said that the nail will come off. Well its been two months how much longer can I wait and is there anyway to take it off myself because it is unattractive to look at. Any help regarding this issue. Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
04-10-2016, 02:44 PM
Salam alaykum

It´s better you just wait there. If its still painful, you can try to make a little hole to the nail with heeted needle (I know it sounds more bad than it is - if your nail is already "died" it has no touch). Another way is go to walk using a little too small shoes - it may help to get the nail away.

If you want to get rid of this nail because it looks unattractive - your poor toe will look unattractive until the new nail will grow back so be careful and use socks if possible. I had years ago black nail with my thumb as it was left in the door (ouch).

noraina
04-10-2016, 02:48 PM
A needle in the nail? Ouch, :omg:

Just have patience it will come off but if it is really bothering you revisit the doctor, tell him firmly you want it taken off (sometimes you have to put your foot down with doctors to spur them into action). May Allah give you shifaa, brother.

I hate toe injuries, I broke my toe last year and it looked and felt awful.

MuslimInshallah
04-10-2016, 03:09 PM
Assalaamu alaikum Broken,

(twinkle) I think I see how you chose your username! Mmm... I have a question: is it just your toenail that is black, or is your toe itself discoloured? Also, when did you see the doctor? If it was a while ago, and you have pain, swelling or anything odd that has happened since you last saw her/him, I would suggest you go and see her/him again. (smile) However, if everything is healing nicely, and you are just a bit impatient. (twinkle) This may be a good moment to work on your sabr (self-restraint)...

May Allah Grant you a full recovery.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BrokenToe
04-10-2016, 03:18 PM
Its just the toenail that is black, at the time that i first got the injury I had an infection but the doctor gave me some medicine to combat it. I saw the doctor about two months ago. Also, thanks for the advice.

LaSorcia
04-10-2016, 04:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
A needle in the nail? Ouch, :omg:

Just have patience it will come off but if it is really bothering you revisit the doctor, tell him firmly you want it taken off (sometimes you have to put your foot down with doctors to spur them into action). May Allah give you shifaa, brother.

I hate toe injuries, I broke my toe last year and it looked and felt awful.
I broke the SAME TOE 3 times last year! That really hurt lol.

I would leave the nail alone, you don't want to cause an infection by taking it off yourself. I agree with noriana though, go back to the doctor if it really is troubling you.

M.I.A.
04-10-2016, 04:39 PM
Meh...mine were mostly just corns and callous's.. Buy a pair of adidas samba. Have slightly more toenail protection..

Usuable on all surfaces.

Do not toe peck the ball! :/

Wear sandals :|

Pick at the side of the toenail.. That's where it's still connected to the toe.. That feel..

Oooh that feel.

Umm Abed
04-12-2016, 06:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BrokenToe
Its just the toenail that is black, at the time that i first got the injury I had an infection but the doctor gave me some medicine to combat it. I saw the doctor about two months ago. Also, thanks for the advice.
Id suggest you rather wait until the new nail is ready growing well.

However you can keep on cutting it shorter and shorter to keep comfortable. also wear a dry bandage to protect.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.