/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please help me!

MayAllahForgive
04-12-2016, 04:08 PM
Ok so I have been tested with waswaas (whispers from shaytan) for about a month now, this has increased in severity to OCD and now I have a symptom of Depersonalisation which feels like you have been stripped of iman (faith) is there anything I can do to get it back.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Serinity
04-12-2016, 04:48 PM
:salam:

Listen to the Quran. You'll hold the Shaytaans away. :) The Quran is the healer of hearts, by Allah's permission.

Seek refuge within Allah from the accursed shaytaan, before listening/reciting.

MayAllahForgive
04-12-2016, 05:47 PM
Also, my iman constantly wavers, like one day i feel like i submit completely and the next day i feel as if in doubting and i am a kafir astagfirullah. Any long term fix for this, also I don't feel khushu in my prayers.

sister herb
04-12-2016, 06:02 PM
Salam alaykum

I noticed you have made during a week 6 similar threads about waswas. Could you just continue in the same thread about this matter, not to open new one again and again? It would to be to us others easier to answer.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Abed
04-12-2016, 06:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MayAllahForgive
Ok so I have been tested with waswaas (whispers from shaytan) for about a month now, this has increased in severity to OCD and now I have a symptom of Depersonalisation which feels like you have been stripped of iman (faith) is there anything I can do to get it back.
You have not lost anything. You still got your iman.

As you know it is just waswasa so dont give any attention to these thoughts, brother.

May Allah make it easy for you.

_E_3
05-12-2016, 07:59 AM
I have OCD so i can understand partly what is going around in your head
have you had therapy for your OCD Brother ? sometimes it helps
can you talk to your dr about this ?
may Allah ( swt ) bless you brother

Umm Abed
05-12-2016, 08:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by _E_
I have OCD so i can understand partly what is going around in your head
have you had therapy for your OCD Brother ? sometimes it helps
can you talk to your dr about this ?
may Allah ( swt ) bless you brother
Do you still suffer from OCD, and what methods you used to combat this?

_E_3
05-12-2016, 08:20 AM
mindfulness and cbt is whats meant to help ... for me it didn't work and i still have problems with it
therapy dont work for everyone
there are times when am struggling with blaphous thoughts
there are times when my mind is full of bad things trying to not to think about but you need to think about not thinking of it then you think about it
Most people with OCD has it long term
also medication might help as well am on medication for it sometimes it helps

Umm Abed
05-12-2016, 08:25 AM
One of the solutions known is that you shouldnt "try not to think" about it because, this trying in itself is what is making it more difficult.
In that way you just let go of your thinking, knowing fully well that its not from you of course.

The actual struggling is what can make life difficult.

And taking medication is a good idea as you are doing, but I dont know personally of the medication side.

May Allah make it easy for you and give you peace of mind ameen.

_E_3
05-12-2016, 09:27 AM
Thank you sister I also hear voices and see thing i have for about 15 years i am also on medication for that as well
my mental health is so bad that i cant work , go out on my own and am on disability

may Allah bless you

Umm Abed
05-12-2016, 09:27 AM
A dua from Hadith, when one is troubled by bad thoughts.

Read "Aamantu billahi wa rusulih" which means, "I believe in Allah and His messengers".

Umm Abed
05-12-2016, 09:30 AM
That's a lot to go through, dear sister _E_, have you tried changing your meds? You can eventually become immune to it so usually doctors prescribe different medication after a while.

May Allah give you cure and a clear mind with peace, sister.

_E_3
05-12-2016, 10:00 AM
yes but there only so many and i dont want meds that are going to make me into a zombie
i want to be clear headed not so out of it that i dont function the reason i cant go out on my own i get lost very easily when the voices are at there worse i have gone to dangerous places ( train station being one of them )
i also have tried to end my life a few times when av been very ill
its seemed to have gotten worse when my step dad died ( he raised me ) he killed himself by jumping from a bridge a bridge i have to go over every time i go to the city :cry: it hurts my heart every time i have to go over it

Umm Abed
05-12-2016, 10:49 AM
That is so tragic what happened to your step dad, may Allah make it easy for you sister!

Yes meds have their own side effects also but probably best is to change types and then slowly wean off. You need some sort of treatment to help you come to terms of what happened; help should be available, only thing is to find out where and how.

Sister, increase doing dhikr and also read the Qur'an, there is cure in that and Allah will make a way out for you ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!