/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello

camouflagemoney
04-14-2016, 06:44 PM
Hello. I'm a new Muslim. I would consider myself a Muslim who will probably always be controversial in that I love history like to debate and I'm very persistent on following the Qu'ran, and only the Qu'ran. When I say that I mean I do not adhere to Hadiths or Sharia Law do to my personal research. I believe they are man made constructs contradictory or the Qu'ran in many ways, and incorporate many cultural practices. I'm also very tolerant of other religions and have no aspirations to force people into Islam only give them knowledge of my religion and why I've chosen so an amazing way to live my life.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza :)
04-14-2016, 06:51 PM
Asslamu 'alaykum brother

Following the Quran alone, is something that does not please Allah subhaanahu wa ta'aala.

"Those who follow the messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures), - in the law and the Gospel; - for he commands them what is just and forbids them what is evil; he allows them as lawful what is good (and pure) and prohibits them from what is bad (and impure); He releases them from their heavy burdens and from the yokes that are upon them. So it is those who believe in him, honour him, help him, and follow the light which is sent down with him,- it is they who will prosper." 7.157

“By the star when it goes down (or vanishes).
Your companion (Muhammad) has neither gone astray nor has erred.
Nor does he speak of (his own) desire.
It is only a Revelation revealed.
He has been taught (this Quran) by one mighty in power (Gabriel).
One free from any defect in body and mind then he (Gabriel in his real shape as created by Allah) rose and became stable.” [53:1-6]

“He who obeys the Messenger (Muhammad), has indeed obeyed Allah, but he who turns away, then we have not sent you (O Muhammad) as a watcher over them.” [4:80]

camouflagemoney
04-14-2016, 07:04 PM
I follow only the Holy Qu'ran. It is in the Holy Qu'ran several times it is the only book to follow. The only Hadith to follow
45:6 is one of these instances.

04-14-2016, 07:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by camouflagemoney
I follow only the Holy Qu'ran. It is in the Holy Qu'ran several times it is the only book to follow. The only Hadith to follow
45:6 is one of these instances.
The verses above from the very same Quran you talk about state otherwise.

'These are the verses of Allah which We recite to you in truth. Then in what statement after Allah and His verses will they believe?' (45:6)

What are you talking about?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
camouflagemoney
04-14-2016, 07:12 PM
6:114

Eric H
04-14-2016, 07:12 PM
Greetings and peace be with you camouflagemoney; and welcome to the forum,

By the sounds of it, you are on the start of a long journey through life, guaranteed you will change over time, none of us stay the same.

In the spirit of searching for Allah,

Eric

MidnightRose
04-14-2016, 07:14 PM
Hello. I'm a new Muslim. I would consider myself a Muslim who will probably always be controversial in that I love history like to debate and I'm very persistent on following the Qu'ran, and only the Qu'ran. When I say that I mean I do not adhere to Hadiths or Sharia Law do to my personal research. I believe they are man made constructs contradictory or the Qu'ran in many ways, and incorporate many cultural practices. I'm also very tolerant of other religions and have no aspirations to force people into Islam only give them knowledge of my religion and why I've chosen so an amazing way to live my life.
:sl:

Please read the following work by Mufti Taqi Usmani to understand the important position of hadith in Islam.

Click on the following link to access a free copy: The Authority of Sunnah

camouflagemoney
04-14-2016, 07:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by najimuddin
:sl:

Please read the following work by Mufti Taqi Usmani to understand the important position of hadith in Islam.

Click on the following link to access a free copy: The Authority of Sunnah

No problem. I don't mind checking it out.

04-14-2016, 07:19 PM
6:114
'[Say], "Then is it other than Allah I should seek as judge while it is He who has revealed to you the Book explained in detail?" And those to whom We [previously] gave the Scripture know that it is sent down from your Lord in truth, so never be among the doubters.' (6:114)

Better check it yourself before posting

MidnightRose
04-14-2016, 07:30 PM
We also have a forum specifically dedicated to understanding issues related to hadith literature @ http://www.islamicboard.com/hadeeth/

camouflagemoney
04-14-2016, 07:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza :)

'[Say], "Then is it other than Allah I should seek as judge while it is He who has revealed to you the Book explained in detail?" And those to whom We [previously] gave the Scripture know that it is sent down from your Lord in truth, so never be among the doubters.' (6:114)

Better check it yourself before posting
My translation doesn't have the word previous in it which completely changes the entire meaning of the verse. I have 3 different English translations of the Qu'ran none which have the word previous in them.

[The Quran 6:114] Shall I seek other than GOD as a source of law, when He has revealed to you this book fully detailed? Those who received the scripture recognize that it has been revealed from your Lord, truthfully. You shall not harbor any doubt

The Quran 6:115] The word of your Lord is complete, in truth and justice. Nothing shall abrogate His words. He is the Hearer, the Omniscient.

04-14-2016, 07:36 PM
My translation doesn't have the word previous in it which completely changes the entire meaning of the verse. I have 3 different English translations of the Qu'ran none which have the word previous in them.

[The Quran 6:114] Shall I seek other than GOD as a source of law, when He has revealed to you this book fully detailed? Those who received the scripture recognize that it has been revealed from your Lord, truthfully. You shall not harbor any doubt

The Quran 6:115] The word of your Lord is complete, in truth and justice. Nothing shall abrogate His words. He is the Hearer, the Omniscient.
'Nothing shall abrogate his words.'

In post 2 I have mentioned the verses which talk about following Muhammad peace be upon him.

Follow the Quran and don't abrogate His words

anatolian
04-14-2016, 09:08 PM
Salam Aleykum bro. Welcome to Islam and here..You say that you have no aspirations to force people into Islam but none us have such a desire anyway. It would be very un-İslamic doing so..However we are called to spread the message whomsoever it reaches and call people to Islam..

camouflagemoney
04-14-2016, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Salam Aleykum bro. Welcome to Islam and here..You say that you have no aspirations to force people into Islam but none us have such a desire anyway. It would be very un-İslamic doing so..However we are called to spread the message whomsoever it reaches and call people to Islam..
I believe thats more of the thing I'm trying to do actually. My wife wants to be a Muslim and I'm trying to get her into wanting to read the Qu'ran. She likes the message but she doesn't like to read. Also I don't mind being a proud of my religion and sharing my religion but u don't have aspirations to go out in speak until I'm very well versed in Islam. I want to study and know as much as possible.

04-14-2016, 09:23 PM
I believe thats more of the thing I'm trying to do actually. My wife wants to be a Muslim and I'm trying to get her into wanting to read the Qu'ran. She likes the message but she doesn't like to read. Also I don't mind being a proud of my religion and sharing my religion but u don't have aspirations to go out in speak until I'm very well versed in Islam. I want to study and know as much as possible.
You have come to the right place brother :)

lonewolf007
04-14-2016, 10:38 PM
Salaam brother welcome to forum :)

greenhill
04-15-2016, 12:08 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

muslimah_B
05-14-2016, 02:31 AM
Why exactly dont you follow the hadeeths or sharia... and in what way are they "cultural" or go against the Quran ?

The hadeeths are teachings sayings and actions prophet mohammed s.a.w used to do based off of the Quran... without the hadeeths you wouldnt know how to pray among other things, the hadeeths give us more detailed explanations of what to do and handle different situations
And the sharia is based off of the Quran and hadeeths with all the rulings together.

Yes some are fabricated and some have weak sources, but that is why we are meant to seek knowledge under qualified scholars/muftis to know which hadeeths are sahih (authentic) and which are fabricated, and if anything can be taken from them or to just throw them out

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!