/* */

PDA

View Full Version : reputation and rep power?

ramen-thelegend
04-15-2016, 04:35 PM
could someone explain what reputation power and reputation is?
sorry i'm not much familiar with forums.......

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
04-15-2016, 07:02 PM
Asalamualykum,

Please have a read of this http://www.islamicboard.com/faq.php?...utation_system

This is your dunya reward but the akhira will be better insha Allah.

strivingobserver98
04-15-2016, 07:22 PM
:sl:

We get tons of threads about this :O.

Have a read of this too: http://www.islamicboard.com/feedback...rep-power.html

Detailed explanation by @Woodrow

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
glo gave the right answer.

You get 1 point for each month you are a member, beginning with your second month.

You get 1 point for every 1000 reps you are given by other members

You get 1 point for every 1000 thousand post you posts

Once you get Rep Power you do not loose it.

Using myself as an example

I have been a member for 14 months I have 13 power points for that

I have gotten 25,000 rep points I got 25 power points for that

I got 8 points for my post count. Looking at my post count you will see it looks like that should be 7 However I have had over 300 posts deleted. although that affected my post cound it did not decress my rep power.

To give reps positive or negative you will see a green box in the upper left corner of the persons post. click that box and you can give or take away reps.

this topic has been brought up numerous times. I will close this thread as soon as the topic starter has had time to see these posts.

MuslimInshallah
04-15-2016, 07:43 PM
Assalaamu alaikum my dear,

(smile) I remember wondering the same when I was new on IB. And I remember reading the info in the link http://www.islamicboard.com/faq.php?...utation_system, and finding it confusing. So... basically, if someone thinks your post is really good and useful, they will want to give you some recognition of this. So they click on the little icon that looks like a sheriff's badge, which you can see at the bottom of the user's info, on the left side of the screen (on the computer, at any rate). Look under likes received. Do you see? There is a little sheriffs badge-shaped icon on the left, and a little triangle with an exclamation mark on it next to it on the right. If you click on the sheriff's badge-shaped icon, you are asked if you approve or disapprove of the post. If you liked the post, click on approve. You can write a short message to the person you are repping (if you like. You don't have to though). If you don't approve, you could also negatively rep someone. This is pretty rare, but it can be done.

In this way, you are showing your appreciation to the poster. You are also helping other people to evaluate the poster's reliability overall. The higher the reputation, the more likely that the poster has useful information.

The amount of rep that you can give another person depends on a) the length of time you've been on the IB, and b) the amount of posts you've made. There are other variables, I think, too, and the exact calculation of the rep you can give is a bit mysterious. But a) and b) give you a general outline.

Incidentally, the little triangle with the exclamation mark is for flagging a post as potentially problematic, so that a mod can check it out. For instance, if someone is giving out someone's personal information, or if someone wants to incite others to do something very wrong (like kill someone), or... well, anything that seems really not right. Then the mods can get to it faster and perhaps take it down if necessary.

May Allah, the Kind, Protect you, my dear.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.