/* */

PDA

View Full Version : .gif as opposed to jpeg (image issues)

Bhabha
04-21-2016, 03:56 AM
Salam,

So there's one thing I noticed.. is that the board is unable to accommodate .gif files that have a transparent portion. >_< I wanted to play around with my avatar and I couldn't, because it became a jpeg and the transparent backing of it became visible in the board.

:embarrass

Is it possible to fix this? I'm more of a circle person, than a square >_<

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
04-21-2016, 11:23 AM
:wa:

GIF's in avatars and signatures can be used by "Gold" members :).

http://www.islamicboard.com/news-and...embership.html

PS: Loving the circle avatar so far.

ardianto
04-21-2016, 01:00 PM
:sl:

After I read this thread I tried to change my avatar with test avatar with transparent background. But didn't work, because that avatar was PNG.

Bhabha
04-21-2016, 01:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
:sl:

After I read this thread I tried to change my avatar with test avatar with transparent background. But didn't work, because that avatar was PNG.
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Transparent only works in .gif files I believe all other ones put a white background. [emoji24]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
04-21-2016, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bhabha
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Transparent only works in .gif files I believe all other ones put a white background. [emoji24]
:wasalam:

The white area in image below is not white, but transparent. You can check it. And this is PNG.

PNG image can be transparent, but cannot be used as avatar because the forum system cannot accept it. Actually before I created transparent PNG avatar I created transparent GIF and JPEG images, but the images turned into blured in process to make them become GIF and JPEG. (I used Corel Draw)

There is one thing you have to notice about transparent background image. Do not resize it with Paint because it automatically turn the transparent background into white.

Bhabha
04-21-2016, 03:28 PM
:wasalam:

The white area in image below is not white, but transparent. You can check it. And this is PNG.

PNG image can be transparent, but cannot be used as avatar because the forum system cannot accept it. Actually before I created transparent PNG avatar I created transparent GIF and JPEG images, but the images turned into blured in process to make them become GIF and JPEG. (I used Corel Draw)

There is one thing you have to notice about transparent background image. Do not resize it with Paint because it automatically turn the transparent background into white.
I used Photoshop. But yeah the forum avatar thing doesn't accept them. So I just used the colour of the forum as background to make it like a circle [emoji39]

ardianto
04-21-2016, 03:33 PM
I used Photoshop. But yeah the forum avatar thing doesn't accept them. So I just used the colour of the forum as background to make it like a circle [emoji39]
Forum background color may different, depend on the monitor. When I saw your avatar in my laptop, yes, that's look like a circle with transparent background. But now I used my desktop computer, and I can see the white area because forum background color look different.

:)

Bhabha
04-21-2016, 03:39 PM
Forum background color may different, depend on the monitor. When I saw your avatar in my laptop, yes, that's look like a circle with transparent background. But now I used my desktop computer, and I can see the white area because forum background color look different.

Oh no. [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Does it look terrible!?

ardianto
04-21-2016, 03:45 PM
Oh no. [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Does it look terrible!?
Not terrible. But since it's difficult to used transparent background image as avatar, it's better if you use square image. With creativity, square image can look beautiful too. And I know that you are creative person.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.