/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion IB's annual "Freedom"

strivingobserver98
04-21-2016, 04:12 PM
:sl:

Thought of some crazy idea. Even myself I'm reluctant to do it, but let's see your votes and thoughts :ia: :D.

So basically there will be a specific section on the forum where members can moderate each other. Members can lock each others threads, sticky, and even ban the person from that section. Only on that specific section you can do that, all other forum places will stay normal. This will be your chance to come in power, but others will have your same power... :O. Maybe some sort of dictator will emerge from the shadows? Who knows..

This experiment called "Freedom" will be like a social experiment sort of thing.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kiro
04-21-2016, 04:17 PM
u cray cray

ConcealedGem
04-21-2016, 04:25 PM
Ws

yes please, I wanna ban people..

noraina
04-21-2016, 04:36 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

I think we should try it out, it would be interesting to see what people do when they are in a position of power ;).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Serinity
04-21-2016, 04:39 PM
:salam:

I'd ban as many as possible, because the thought of people banning me, irks me.

sister herb
04-21-2016, 05:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
:even ban the person from that section.
Can we ban you?

;D

strivingobserver98
04-21-2016, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Can we ban you?

;D
From the section, yes.

Don't give the IB members any ideas. :outta:

sister herb
04-21-2016, 05:14 PM
I voted no but if here still will have kind of section, could it be named as "The Kindergarten Section of IB"?

ardianto
04-21-2016, 05:16 PM
Can we ban you?

;D
That's not easy, sis. We have ever launched protest for it. But farhan deployed anti-riot police to stop us.

Ta1QEiI 1?2 -

noraina
04-21-2016, 05:24 PM
I think though any bans should be temporary, maybe lasting a week or so? This is reminding me of the Zimbardo prison experiment in a way - the dark side of humans in power.

strivingobserver98
04-21-2016, 05:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
That's not easy, sis. We have ever launched protest for it. But farhan deployed anti-riot police to stop us.
Riot police can easily be taken care of..

That is why we have this, just in case ;).

strivingobserver98
04-21-2016, 05:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
I think though any bans should be temporary, maybe lasting a week or so? This is reminding me of the Zimbardo prison experiment in a way - the dark side of humans in power.
Yep, would be an interesting social experiment. See who's the leader, what kind of gangs form, who uses power for good/evil etc. :)

Kind of like "Exam" movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1258197/

Just to clarify they won't be banned from actual forum, only the specific section.

sister herb
04-21-2016, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto

Ta1QEiI 1?2 -
I met them already.

I need some band-aid.

sister herb
04-21-2016, 05:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
I think that ban should last only 1 hour. Then banned members could return and "revenge" and this kind of little experiment would be more exciting.

M.I.A.
04-21-2016, 06:01 PM
Lol I was once on a forum that gave you levels, health and attack power.. That increased with posts.

Each user had an attack button under posts..

Which gave funny descriptions of attacks and reduced health.

...it was kinda fun, although my k/d ratio was appalling.

Maybe having a reduce reps button will change things up a bit.. Depending on rep power etc..

Serinity
04-21-2016, 06:08 PM
Give me the ability to rep people as much as possible!

OR BETTER YET. Have a section where you can rep people over and over again - the same post.... :D

czgibson
04-21-2016, 06:17 PM
Greetings,

Why are you calling it "freedom"? It sounds like multiple added restrictions to me - spurious restrictions at that. In other words, the very opposite of freedom.

Peace

sister herb
04-21-2016, 06:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan Fan 2
Give me the ability to rep people as much as possible!

OR BETTER YET. Have a section where you can rep people over and over again - the same post.... :D
But it shouldn´t has any influence to rep power in other sections. Technicly it might be too difficult to make. Maybe meaning of this section wouldn´t mess everything in this forum.

Or is it? :facepalm:

Serinity
04-21-2016, 06:26 PM
But it shouldn´t has any influence to rep power in other sections. Technicly it might be too difficult to make. Maybe meaning of this section wouldn´t mess everything in this forum.

Or is it? :facepalm:
Yeah, that was what I meant, JazakAllah khayr for clarifying. The rep powers.......... Oh........ Yeah. It is possible :D

noraina
04-21-2016, 06:30 PM
These suggestions are good. Also, as some people above seem to want to go on a banning frenzy, a rule of this experiment should be that a ban needs a valid justification.

Serinity
04-21-2016, 06:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Why are you calling it "freedom"? It sounds like multiple added restrictions to me - spurious restrictions at that. In other words, the very opposite of freedom.

Peace
It is restricted to one section, pretty much the only restriction. Plus a couple of other restrictions.

Ah, I see. you commented at "freedom". Gotcha.

BeTheChange
04-21-2016, 06:34 PM
Asalamualykum,

Would this section be in fun & games?

With the greatest respect in the world brother Farhan i would give this a miss.

Am not sure what i would learn from this social experiment.

Sorry to be the killjoy but there is always a killjoy around :D.

Jazahka Allah.

M.I.A.
04-21-2016, 06:34 PM
How about thread bans, three strikes and your out.. Have to sit in a thread without being able to post in it..

Two yellows and a red sort of thing.

Serinity
04-21-2016, 06:40 PM
:salam:

Idk if permissible, but what about a "Police vs criminals" games.. So the criminals do lots of threads, and the police has to ban / close threads etc. Nah, too much time, and it's wasteful.

And Allah knows best.

Umm Abed
04-21-2016, 08:12 PM
Salaams,

Nice idea but still have some sort of restrictions.

Dont give them banning powers or there will be no one left on the forum:o.

BeTheChange
04-21-2016, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Salaams,

Nice idea but still have some sort of restrictions.

Dont give them banning powers or there will be no one left on the forum:o.
Walaikumasalaam,

I think brother Farhan is introducing this idea in a small section where members are left with the choice of what to do.

So the rest of the forum will still be active.

ConcealedGem
04-22-2016, 10:09 PM
I changed my mind, I think those that posses such powers on the forum deserve it and maybe us non-mod members should work our way up. You know how they say success is through your own efforts :P I don't even wanna taste it... Even tho it seems sweet

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.