/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I hate migraines

ReboundMuslimah
04-23-2016, 03:30 AM
I have been having migraines for two week now and the pain usually kicks in the afternoons or evenings. I used to take some Tylenol/Advil and that somewhat reduced the pain. I have tried everything today and I'm still stuck with this migraine and the pain is 10X times worse! I have an appointment with my doctor on Monday and I don't think I can wait. I hope it's nothing serious like cancer or brain infection. What are some natural remedies that worked for you I can try at home? Please share!

Keep me in your Duas!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
04-23-2016, 08:04 AM
May Allah helps you dear sister. Migraine isn´t nice at all, just same what is the reason for it.

Muslim Woman
04-23-2016, 08:06 AM
:sl:

may Allah cures you fast.

noraina
04-23-2016, 09:12 AM
Assalamu Alaykum,

I suffer from migraines occasionally too, for no particular reason but I understand they can be unbearable. InshaAllah when you go the doctor may be able to sort something out.

May Allah SWT ease your pain and give you shifaa.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bhabha
04-23-2016, 09:23 AM
For some reason I thought the title said "I hate migrants" lol [emoji39]

Take your thumbs and hold them against the temples of your head on the side. Press really hard ! That should relieve some of the pressure [emoji5]

ReboundMuslimah
04-23-2016, 09:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
May Allah helps you dear sister. Migraine isn´t nice at all, just same what is the reason for it.
Yea they are a pain. Right now it's fajr for Us and alhamduliah the pain is gone, but I know it'll hit me again in the afternoons or evening:(

hisnameiszzz
04-23-2016, 02:58 PM
Sit in a dark room or force yourself to vomit. That's what normally works for me.

I am dreading Summer. The heat gives me non stop migraines.

Hope your Doctor is able to help you.

BeTheChange
04-23-2016, 04:00 PM
Asalamualykum,

Me too!! I thought the title said i hate migrants too!

Please have a read of NHS advice http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Migrain...roduction.aspx

I'm not a doctor but i would not look at pills as my first option. Try natural remedies first.

Try exercise, changing your diet and try and consume more healthy vegetables and fruit insha Allah.

Fig has many different nutrients and is sunnah. Tastes very nice too Alhamdulilah. Maybe try a different fruit everyday? It's excellent for your overall health and may cure unknown/known health problems that you have...

When i have a headache i wrap a scarf around my head to relieve the pressure and that usually works. I know a headache is a less pain compared to a migraine but it might work for you insha Allah.

May Allah swt remove all your illnesses Ameen.

hisnameiszzz
04-23-2016, 04:50 PM
Also, they say certain foods trigger migraines like cheese and chocolate and rice. Do you eat any of them?

ReboundMuslimah
04-23-2016, 07:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hisnameiszzz
Also, they say certain foods trigger migraines like cheese and chocolate and rice. Do you eat any of them?
Yea I eat rice sometimes maybe I should cut it out of my diet and see. Thanks for the info.

hisnameiszzz
04-24-2016, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dreamchaser
Yea I eat rice sometimes maybe I should cut it out of my diet and see. Thanks for the info.
You are welcome. Hope you manage to get it sorted.

Talking of migraines, I have a stinking migraine today. I think I may have caught the sun on my way to Zohar prayers and then the people next door have been on a door slamming frenzy all day so that hasn't helped either.

I'm in pain now!

ReboundMuslimah
04-24-2016, 11:54 PM
Yea I have a migraine today too, like always and it's not fun. Have you taken anything for it? Anyways I hope you get better.

GINGERBEARDMAN
04-25-2016, 10:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dreamchaser
I have been having migraines for two week now and the pain usually kicks in the afternoons or evenings. I used to take some Tylenol/Advil and that somewhat reduced the pain. I have tried everything today and I'm still stuck with this migraine and the pain is 10X times worse! I have an appointment with my doctor on Monday and I don't think I can wait. I hope it's nothing serious like cancer or brain infection. What are some natural remedies that worked for you I can try at home? Please share!

Keep me in your Duas!
Assalaamu Alaykum,

For years I was affected by crippling migraines, some lasting days, the worst time I had it I was having migraines several times each week and was effectively crippled for about 9 months and it is a real struggle to remain grateful to Allaah in such times given it's such a debilitating pain.

Allaah eventually gave me relief, the lessening of the level of pain and the frequency through hijamah, then after going on umrah and making du'a I have not had a single migraine since, and my cronic back issues were cured through the power of Allaah at this time also.

We should remember whatever happens to us is from Allaah, to be grateful and say Alhamdulillah whether we see it as something good or bad, and that the cure comes from Allaah also.

MuhammadIbrahim
04-25-2016, 10:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bhabha
For some reason I thought the title said "I hate migrants" lol [emoji39]

Take your thumbs and hold them against the temples of your head on the side. Press really hard ! That should relieve some of the pressure [emoji5]
I also read it [migrants] lol.May Allah heal her pain. Amin!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.