/* */

PDA

View Full Version : anybody speaks pashto/pukhto here? anybody speaks welsh/cymraeg here?

ramen-thelegend
04-25-2016, 01:14 PM
:sl: and allo and s'mae people!

if you know pashto then you'd know what ALLO is ;)

dalta chata pukhto warzi?? doesn't matter you're apghani or khattak or mian or yousafzai or khan or kakakhail.

the more american/british/australian/whatever you're accent is, the typical pathan accent it gets;D so no worries about accent.

ydych chin siarad cymraeg??? i know sounds hard to read but its alot easier than english, once you learn some.

sorry my welsh and pashto, both suck....really badimsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aisha
04-25-2016, 01:25 PM
Bore da :)
pob bendith
nos da
dwi yn methu ti .... Is about the extent of my welsh lol.

shayanmsd37
04-25-2016, 05:06 PM
waAlaikumSalam
Well im a Pathan and I do speak Pashto but I'm a maseed and we waziristanis Speak in a different dialect of Pashto as compared to the typical one

BeTheChange
04-25-2016, 05:38 PM
Edit

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza :)
04-26-2016, 10:43 AM
:wa:

Teach me pashto please @ramen-thelegend :D

ramen-thelegend
04-26-2016, 10:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shayanmsd37
waAlaikumSalam
Well im a Pathan and I do speak Pashto but I'm a maseed and we waziristanis Speak in a different dialect of Pashto as compared to the typical one
as long as we know the basics, it shouldn't matter much. its not like i'm asking for pashto poets or scholars brother.

taso pa zama khabaro poagai? staso pukhtu sa dera badala da sa? um da yo mulk na taluq day o um yo language mu da, o bia um taso na paogai? mafi ghoaram zama pukhto um sa dera kha na da. 3 months practice yo! not bad huh?

format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
Bore da
pob bendith
nos da
dwi yn methu ti .... Is about the extent of my welsh lol.
better than nothing sis;)

i guess you should add :alla i ddim sairad cymraeg
translation: i cant speak good welsh;D

04-26-2016, 10:58 AM
Man a man a mwnci learn welsh. but cba :shade:

ramen-thelegend
04-26-2016, 10:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza :)

sure lala gi( what we call elder brothers(not necessarily by blood)).

first you should know how to say: i dont know pashto or i cant speak pashto.
i.e: mata phukhto na razi!

04-26-2016, 11:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ramen-thelegend
sure lala gi( what we call elder brothers(not necessarily by blood)).

first you should know how to say: i dont know pashto or i cant speak pashto.
i.e: mata phukhto na razi!
Nice.

I know a few words/phrases,

Dilta raasha
raasa
Zamaan da tarfa saalgirah mubarak shah
pakhayr raaglay (does it mean i'm good?)
and a few more (probably)

ramen-thelegend
04-26-2016, 11:07 AM
Nice.

I know a few words/phrases,

Dilta raasha
raasa
Zamaan da tarfa saalgirah mubarak shah
pakhayr raaglay (does it mean i'm good?)
and a few more (probably)
i have no idea what raasa you're talking about but pakhyr raghalay is what you say when someone's at your home, or any place someone reaches before you. so you be like ta pa khayr raghay. that sounds really typical though. the literal meaning in urdu would be something like aap khyr se aya hay/hain/whatever.
maybe mmany pathans dont agree with that, i myself have been here for only 2 months, 8 days. but i've learned enough i guess. but seems like i'm loosing my welsh though.

dair kha lala gi, taso ta kho bala shay pukhto razi!
translation: very good, lala gi. you know well enough pushto/something like that i guess...

04-26-2016, 11:10 AM
i have no idea what raasa you're talking about but pakhyr raghalay is what you say when someone's at your home, or any place someone reaches before you. so you be like ta pa khayr raghay. that sounds really typical though. the literal meaning in urdu would be something like aap khyr se aya hay/hain/whatever.
maybe mmany pathans dont agree with that, i myself have been here for only 2 months, 8 days. but i've learned enough i guess. but seems like i'm loosing my welsh though.

dair kha lala gi, taso ta kho bala shay pukhto razi!
translation: very good, lala gi. you know well enough pushto/something like that i guess...
No I don't at all lol. I'll ask my pukhtoon and afghan friends to help me

teach me more

ramen-thelegend
04-26-2016, 11:14 AM
teach me more
for example what?

teach me more will be : mata noor o khaya. or ma pi noor poa ka :)

04-26-2016, 11:20 AM
for example what?

teach me more will be : mata noor o khaya. or ma pi noor poa ka :)
no idea how to say it lol

how do i say, how are you? and im good, what about you?

ramen-thelegend
04-26-2016, 11:38 AM
no idea how to say it lol

how do i say, how are you? and im good, what about you?
its ta sanga a? or ta singa a?( the "a" sounds like "aayy" (the normal a i mean)) za tik yam, or how they usually say: za tik tak yam. taso wayae sanga chal day?

so it's going to be like: ta singa a? za tiik yam. taso wayae./sanga chal day?

Kiro
04-26-2016, 11:39 AM

teach me urdu pls :D

ramen-thelegend
04-26-2016, 11:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
teach me urdu pls :D
you should say: mujhe urdu sikhae yay please. it sounds like muj-ay urdu sikh-a-e-ay please.

noraina
04-26-2016, 12:11 PM
teach me urdu pls
Bro, go to the Urdu threads, Hamza will teach you there.

How similar is Pashto to Farsi? Our Afghani relatives speak Farsi, not Pashto.

The only Welsh word I know is Llandudno, I went there years ago. :D

Kiro
04-26-2016, 12:30 PM
you should say: mujhe urdu sikhae yay please. it sounds like muj-ay urdu sikh-a-e-ay please.
are you a 'bro'?

ramen-thelegend
04-26-2016, 02:44 PM
are you a 'bro'?
noooooooooooooooo....................
why do you say that??????

ramen-thelegend
04-26-2016, 03:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
i really dont know how they can relate? we have loads of afghani's here in my part of pakistan that they call kabalian, doesn't matter which part of afghanistan they're from. i have this one kabalay class mate who speaks farsi, but no i dont know anything about it. i guess the only way i can relate them is if you speak farsi, then learning pashto wont take much time and vice versa, because the accents are very much similar.

i think both farsi and pashto are spoken in afghanistan. some people in pakistan also speak farsi( i just asked safu kaka and he told me that) but they're in much bigger numbers in afghanistan and iran i guess, maybe other countries too.

the kabalay class mate speaks really fast farsi and no one understands a word. he usually starts up when someone's like please shut up(he talks too much) or the teachers be like stop this blah blah blah and he'll start up with the farsi.

shayanmsd37
04-26-2016, 04:32 PM
as long as we know the basics, it shouldn't matter much. its not like i'm asking for pashto poets or scholars brother.

taso pa zama khabaro poagai? staso pukhtu sa dera badala da sa? um da yo mulk na taluq day o um yo language mu da, o bia um taso na paogai? mafi ghoaram zama pukhto um sa dera kha na da. 3 months practice yo! not bad huh?
Ae sta ghunde khabora bane za paegen, but im afraid you wont understand the way i speak pashto.

The normal pahsto goes like:" ta sange ye?"
Our pashto goes like:" ta charange ye?"

Where do you belong from? are you an aridi, khattak, massed etc

04-26-2016, 04:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Bro, go to the Urdu threads, Hamza will teach you there.

The only Welsh word I know is Llandudno, I went there years ago. :D
My Afghani friend says the type of afghani his family speaks is such that no one can completely understand them except those who speak that particular language (it's some sort of afghani), but they understand all sorts of pashto/afghani

Yahya.
04-26-2016, 05:34 PM
Is there are huge difference between Pashto and Farsi? Or is it just like the difference between an offical language and its local dialect?

shayanmsd37
04-26-2016, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YahyaIbnSelam
Is there are huge difference between Pashto and Farsi? Or is it just like the difference between an offical language and its local dialect?
bro there is a huge difference. Farsi is basically persian while pashto consists of words from different languages which inculde persian greek and some other ones.

Yahya.
04-26-2016, 07:50 PM
But Farsi is the official language of Afghanistan, so how do they communicate? :)

04-26-2016, 07:53 PM
But Farsi is the official language of Afghanistan, so how do they communicate? :)
Who told you that brother?

Yahya.
04-26-2016, 08:26 PM
Who told you that brother?
It is known, but I first saw it in Wikipedia : )

Yahya.
04-26-2016, 08:29 PM
And both are Indo-European languages, so the difference should be such great?

04-26-2016, 08:29 PM
It is known, but I first saw it in Wikipedia : )

Yahya.
04-26-2016, 08:32 PM
I saw it too, both are official languages, but there are Usbeks, Tajiks, Hazara, Aimaq etc. many ethnicities, don't they speak in Farsi?

04-26-2016, 08:53 PM
I saw it too, both are official languages, but there are Usbeks, Tajiks, Hazara, Aimaq etc. many ethnicities, don't they speak in Farsi?
no idea bro

ardianto
04-26-2016, 11:28 PM
Is there difference between Afghani Pashto and Pathan/Pashtun language in Pakistan?.

ramen-thelegend
04-27-2016, 12:34 AM
no idea bro
And both are Indo-European languages, so the difference should be such great?
*sorry your mentions dont work so i just quoted something*

brother hamza and yahyal,
farsi is spoken in many different countries. they're like the kurds, who live in majority in turkey and some iran and iraq and syria etc. the same way farsi people live in majority in afghanistan, but also be living in other countries like iran and pakistan etc. there in minorities so their language do count as one of the official languages, maybe the second/ third officia​l language but not the first.(not in pakistan though cz in they're in veeeery small number),
not sure in what ratio they're in afghanistan but we have two afghani's in my class and 3 in the other section, and only one, the one in our class, can speak farsi.

and brother hamza i'm not sure of you're friend's language....pashto is sooooooooo complicated and hard man! there's this one urdu speaking guy in my class, who's spent 2 whole years here in the kpk and he still didn't understand a word, pashto is very difficult man.

as for uncle @ardianto , no there isn't a verrrrryyyy big difference but some paki pathan who's not very good at pushto might not understand the afghani and vice versa, in case if they're speaking really fast and fluent.
its like the paki's be like "dalta rasha" while the afghani's be like "dalta raasa"(come here) or the paki's be like charta ze? and the afghani's be like cheeta ze?)where you're/you going?) in simple words the orthoepy is different.
it partly depends on an individual how much he understands the other. some might not understand a word, some might understand all of it.

as for @shayanmsd37 . i dont know if i'm from anywhere in pakistan, i was adopted by some paki pathans. they belong to some small village near peshawer,
yeah, your pashto is quite different. daira badala da! walah ka pa day pukhto ka za poagama! koshish ba biya um o koo.
tasu us pa pakistan ki osagae ka/ya bal sa mulk kay?

everybody listen! pashto is a very difficult language, one of the most difficult ones i guess, dont take it easy!

shayanmsd37
04-27-2016, 04:03 PM
aao za ae shiri na pa Pakistan shey osaegum, pa Islamabad ke. Ta ae Sara na Pakistan shey osagae?

ramen-thelegend
04-27-2016, 04:48 PM
aao za ae shiri na pa Pakistan shey osaegum, pa Islamabad ke. Ta ae Sara na Pakistan shey osagae?
it was hard but i guess i understood what you're trying to say.
za paida shaway o loya shaway pa wales,uk ki yama.
2 ya taqreeban 3 months pela za pakistan ta raghalay yama.
za pekhawer sara nizdi/nizdo sa varooka district ki osagama(sorry i wouldn't like to be any more specific )

just to make sure u understand what i'm saying here: i was born and grew up in wales. 2 ,or approximetly 3, months back i came to pakistan. i'm living in a small district near peshawer. :)

04-27-2016, 04:50 PM
za pekhawer sara nizdi/nizdo sa varooka district ki osagama(sorry i wouldn't like to be any more specific )

just to make sure u understand what i'm saying here: i was born and grew up in wales. 2 ,or approximetly 3, months back i came to pakistan. i'm living in a small district near peshawer. :)
u learnt urdu and pushto in 2 months?

ramen-thelegend
04-27-2016, 04:56 PM
u learnt urdu and pushto in 2 months?
urdu in a year, i started in wales, well actually there was no teacher no one to speak to so i only understood it and spoke very little. i learned most of it in these 2 months and 18 days.

pashto in two months , yeah

04-27-2016, 04:59 PM
urdu in a year, i started in wales, well actually there was no teacher no one to speak to so i only understood it and spoke very little. i learned most of it in these 2 months and 18 days.

pashto in two months , yeah
u're a quick learner :)

ramen-thelegend
04-27-2016, 05:02 PM
u're a quick learner :)
and psychiatrists say i'm intellectually disabled:( or mentally retarded/whatever u call it :(

04-27-2016, 06:19 PM
and psychiatrists say i'm intellectually disabled:( or mentally retarded/whatever u call it :(
nutcases

shayanmsd37
04-27-2016, 06:20 PM

arent you a quick learner :). Ae sta ghunde khabare bane za wapoedal(I understood all that you said without the English translation). Agh pysychiatris khabora bane ma Pakar ka, they might be themselves retarted ;)

ramen-thelegend
04-28-2016, 12:36 AM
arent you a quick learner :). Ae sta ghunde khabare bane za wapoedal(I understood all that you said without the English translation). Agh pysychiatris khabora bane ma Pakar ka, they might be themselves retarted ;)
our pashto is the same.

we just pronounce it differently. zamung pukhtu um yo shanday/ghunday da, sirf pronunciation badal day.

its like you say "ae", we say "de/da" and for khabora we say khabara, and we call wapoada "poadam". its quite different but ....understandable.

for agh we say agha
and "ma pakar ka" is "kar pe ma kawa"

:phew

everybody else is going to be like they're speaking different languages! or like...i dont know what they'll be wondering but this is sooo weird....one language with so many variations in its pronunciation. and wait people, the people of quetta also speak pashto....and that one is alot more different!:heated:

it sounds cool though....its like a puzzle to understand what you're trying to say!

ka mong/monga kala pa asal/rishtiya/rishtiyano ki malao sho no pa staso khaboray manday poado ki ba mata ghanta/an hour pakar vi! taso ta ba yo ghanto sabr kool vi zama jawab da para.;D

ardianto
04-28-2016, 12:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by FreedomStands
The people on this website say I am a pagan and a disbeliever and don't know what I am talking about and telling people to take interest. I don't know what a psychiatrist would say, maybe they would just pull out a gun and shoot me right in the center of the forehead without explanation.
Hamza's post did not refer to you. So please do not ruin this thread.

ramen-thelegend
04-28-2016, 01:01 AM
The people on this website say I am a pagan and a disbeliever and don't know what I am talking about and telling people to take interest. I don't know what a psychiatrist would say, maybe they would just pull out a gun and shoot me right in the center of the forehead without explanation.
calm down brother.:ermm:

no one's going to shoot you :)

ramen-thelegend
04-28-2016, 01:14 AM
ok please stop before the mods close this thread too.

give me a second please. i mean to think over everything. please.

ramen-thelegend
04-28-2016, 01:23 AM
1) this thread was supposed to be about pashto or welsh. if you guys are starting off with another topic, i guess you send a vm or pm each other please.

2) @FreedomStands , please ...no nation is good or bad. maybe u just dont like their ways. you yourself answered me that people can interpret their religion differently. i mean a little obviously

3) if you're posting here....then anybody on the forum can talk about it, u cant just be talking to someone in particular.

i'm a stupid careless irresponsible unknowledgable blah blah blah person. i dont want to offend any of you. i respect u both wholeheartedly. i just dont want any pointless debates please.....

edit: i think i clearly saw in the forum rules...that we're not going to talk about different races or nations. islam united. AND thats why i like this forum.

ramen-thelegend
04-28-2016, 01:26 AM
@FreedomStands ....lets talk about pashto mr.afridi :D

my neighbours are afridi too!

and once again people....are pashto is different!

ramen-thelegend
04-28-2016, 01:46 AM
Sure, what are your neighbors like, can you describe them? I'm handsome and strong and people are afraid of me, and I'm funny and cute, and people love me. Everyone can see that I'm a tiger, Sher Khan like in the Jungle Book, and that is the spirit of the Afridi and the Pashtun which you can read about throughout history. Fiercely independent philosopher nomads who are all about survival and freedom. Oh wow, look at that, even my name is FreedomStands.

They don't take well to insult or injury, and they don't "turn the other cheek" except in the process of snapping a neck.
bhahahaha! they're quite pretty and handsome too. and like u said they cant just sit back with a little ....like a little....*tuch* to something like...anything sooooo tini mini.

well they're just the way you say. i'm short on vocabulary here :( but....its not my fault! i was already struggling with four different languages and then urdu and pashto came in too. and then all these different kinds of pashto.

my neighbours be calling "ta" "to" (you) and za "zo" (me) and a little more variations in the pronunciation!

ramen-thelegend
04-28-2016, 01:48 AM
excluding your knowledge i mean whatever you talk about here....you sound like you're.... my uncle...

i mean the way u just described yourself!

ramen-thelegend
04-28-2016, 02:07 AM
Haha, I'm glad for what you wrote, and thank you for being a peace maker. I don't want to make people unhappy, so I'm glad that you laughed and are happy with what I wrote. Thank you so much for that.
remember pathans are known for their hospitality:shade:
anyroad^o)........do u know pashto?:hmm:

ramen-thelegend
04-28-2016, 03:22 AM
now i get mr. @FreedomStands ......now i understand whats wrong with you! i mean why you dont seem to go well i mean mix up with the others here!

ok to make this relevant i'm going to write it in pashto. :) ps. i'll write it over again in english, just to make sure u understand. i'm not offending u in anyway. i just want you to have better ties with these awesome people here! :D i guess i can understand u from a pathans piont of view and i want to take full advantage of it.

zama lalagi, taso aghay 90 out of 100 pathans kay razia chi kam/kum ba pa warokay warokay khabaray ba topak ra wakhli! o ya kho pa aghay ki chi sook har khabaray ki tanz wa chai, to make it sound funny(sorry i cant translate that :( maybe somthing like ...agaha khanda awaz kai..but that doesn't make sense :( ).

pakar day chi taso/taso ta pakar day chi, taso da di khalak/khalako pa khabaro um ghoor o kai. ahai sirf da wai chi staso alfaz da religious stuff like GOD AND HIS ATTRIBUTES da para sahih nadi. staso tolo um yo religion um yo matlab day, sirf different vocabulary istamal kawai o chi kala aghai staso vocabulary na khowahk/khwash/khwakhigi/i mean they dont like it, taso manday oooorrr bal shi, o ya kho taso sa funny or sarcastic way ki reply o kai, inorder to get a friendlier response, and they dont like it so taso ki pukhtoon rag o chat shi!.... o biya topak rawalia.

u need to accept the fact that religion is something very personal and you cant expect to get friendly replies once you say anything about it someone way of doing it...i mean interpreting...or applying it...or whatever you do to a religion

uncle ardianto ta salam! chi agha chop sho! gani pata na chi taso pi noor somra dazay koolay. olamba(thats a very insulting and widely known phrase...do u know it?) lalagi, chi yakh shi! peace ghoaray no aman sara ba kar o khabaray um kay! laka ta ba pa dazay ka no aghai ba taso ta gori kho na kana???

lala gi mata pata da chi some stupid nonsense words coming out of a 14 year old blah blah blah*all negetive words apply here* pa taso maday sa asr na kai kho biya um, sta so ba daira meherbani wi chi taso akhpal da pukhtoon rag dikhwa na ochatawai. khpal da ego lag o ghor za vai(drop it) and try to listen carefully to what others are trynna say. the problem is ....u be talking about something...they be talking about something else...u be explaining why you're right...they be telling you why you're wrong. so.... try to listen to them too.
kasam da taso kho da asli pukhtoon yo bilkul sahih example yay/yae/whatever.

translation:
my big bro, you're one of that 90 out of 100 pathans who'd charge their guns for every little small tini mimi stuff or either one of those who will put sarcasm into it just to make it sound friendlier/funny.

what u need to do is concentrate and listen to what they're trying to say. they're just trying to say they dont like/think you're words are inappropriate for religious stuff like GOD AND HIS ATTRIBUTES. u guys all have the same religion and the same meaning, only they dont like your words/vocabulary, and that either lights up a fire on you/u seem yo be on fire!, or you seem to give them a sarcastic or friendly reply, in order to get a friendlier response.....and they dont like it either way...and then....you show your real vain...the pathan one....:facepalm: and then....you charge your guns....

u need to accept the fact that religion is something very personal and you cant expect to get friendly replies once you say anything about it someone way of
doing it...i mean interpreting...or applying it...or whatever you do to a religion

i salute uncle @ardianto for keeping silent..after everything you just said. or else i dont know how much bullets you had left...like maybe your pathan arsenal was just starting to be put to use...do take a shower so you can cool down. if you want peace, then you reply to others here with peace to! you cant just expect them to be standing there watching you, how you shoot them...dha! dha! dha!

i know lalagi some stupid nonsense words coming out of a *all negetive words,excluding a few, apply here* 14 year old wouldn't influence you/ wont have any impact...but i'd be very thankful if you dont show your phukhtun vein here.( dont worry its not only you, its all pathans..:Dlook at how @Hamza :) bro's friend be like you guys dont understand me(my pashto) but i can understand you!!!) please drop a little bit of your ego and try to isten to what other are saying( i know thats another problem with pathans, its at my home too for the past...i guess all the 14 years of my life..my mom and brother be shouting at eachother without listening to what the other has to say...my life has been ruined because of it...anyways lets not talk about my home..its a very broad topic).

the problem is ....u be talking about something...they be talking about something else...u be explaining why you're right...
they be telling you why you're wrong. so.... try to listen to them too.
(excuse my swearing, i just cant translate it into anything else). lalagi i swear you're a true example of pathans!

and one more thing: please dont try to put humour in when talking about something so sensitive like religion. there are other threads for it.

hope that helps....i might sound a little way to straightforward and open so i'm sorry.

anyone agrees with me???
ps. this is the fisrt time i took part in such discussions/debates/whatever u call it. dont forget to appreciate it!:D

ramen-thelegend
04-28-2016, 03:23 AM
agggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i'm late again!!!!!

:cry::cry:

the same happened when i tried to help/explain stuff to small kid:cry:

:heated::heated::heated::heated::heated::heated::h eated:

edit: i'm sorry for a second i thought u were banned

ramen-thelegend
04-28-2016, 06:32 AM
Haha, I'm glad for what you wrote, and thank you for being a peace maker. I don't want to make people unhappy, so I'm glad that you laughed and are happy with what I wrote. Thank you so much for that.
guess u forget there something in the right corner with a thumbs up, for u to click ^o)

ramen-thelegend
04-28-2016, 09:22 AM
I agree with you, you're right, and I enjoyed reading all that you've written! Thank you for writing it!
i hope you'll really take notice of it i mean consider it too

....u still didn't like my post though :(

ramen-thelegend
04-28-2016, 09:28 AM
Speaking of which, like I said earlier, I'm in the bathroom, but one important thing there should be a topic on for Muslims and new Muslims is methods of washing ones bum after defecating or their pee pee after urinating. Which I am doing now.

My mother innovated the use of a disposable medical exam type glove for washing with water so one does not get feces directly on the hand.
gross!!!!

come back after you're done in the bathroom please!

and like my posts! now!

ramen-thelegend
04-28-2016, 09:34 AM
I think it is an important topic and the glove thing could really help Muslims too potentially. Ok I'm going to wash myself now.
like i said...like my posts!

i'm going to ignore you there...like you are !

dont expect any more mature replies from me! this is as mature as i could get!

shayanmsd37
04-28-2016, 11:17 AM
our pashto is the same.

we just pronounce it differently. zamung pukhtu um yo shanday/ghunday da, sirf pronunciation badal day.

its like you say "ae", we say "de/da" and for khabora we say khabara, and we call wapoada "poadam". its quite different but ....understandable.

for agh we say agha
and "ma pakar ka" is "kar pe ma kawa"

:phew

everybody else is going to be like they're speaking different languages! or like...i dont know what they'll be wondering but this is sooo weird....one language with so many variations in its pronunciation. and wait people, the people of quetta also speak pashto....and that one is alot more different!:heated:

it sounds cool though....its like a puzzle to understand what you're trying to say!

ka mong/monga kala pa asal/rishtiya/rishtiyano ki malao sho no pa staso khaboray manday poado ki ba mata ghanta/an hour pakar vi! taso ta ba yo ghanto sabr kool vi zama jawab da para.;D
I know right! Pashto itself has about 20 dialects I guess alone.
chora time wokhwala Dara wokhwala.
ae Zama Pashto mushkila do. Ta data pa Pakistan she Sabaq waye?
and to make it interesting I'm not gonna translate any of the words B|

ramen-thelegend
04-28-2016, 11:23 AM
I know right! Pashto itself has about 20 dialects I guess alone.
chora time wokhwala Dara wokhwala.
ae Zama Pashto mushkila do. Ta data pa Pakistan she Sabaq waye?
and to make it interesting I'm not gonna translate any of the words B|
ok! now this is hard!
to not sound a little way too stupid let me try and translate it first...

u mean:
take as much time as you like!
my pashto is hard!
are u studying in pakistan? or maybe are u studying pakistan?(but that doesn't make sense so i'm going with the first one!)

ramen-thelegend
04-28-2016, 11:24 AM
tell me it was good! :(

shayanmsd37
04-28-2016, 11:27 AM
ok! now this is hard!
to not sound a little way too stupid let me try and translate it first...

u mean:
take as much time as you like!
my pashto is hard!
are u studying in pakistan? or maybe are u studying pakistan?(but that doesn't make sense so i'm going with the first one!)
bingo! Sister you just hit the nail on the head in just under a minute.

ramen-thelegend
04-28-2016, 11:36 AM
bingo! Sister you just hit the nail on the head in just under a minute.
haha! yhassss!

time kho ba za alam, ka taso ijazat rakaway/rakawai ya na!;D
ao ji za pa pakistan ki sabaq waima. za pa ninth grade ki yama. zama o'levels exams ba di kaal ta kido kho chi za pakistan ta raghama no mata pata na wa chi zama da urdu, pakstudies and islamic studies exams ba day kaal ta vi. hence i wasn't ready do i've delayed then until nov/dec inshahallah.

fill haal, za ninth ki yama kho sa international examinations na warkoma.
ps. i had skipped eighth grade so ...dont worry i'm not aging;D to the extent i shouldn't be in ninth grade(i'm 14)

sorry i seem to loose my grip on pushto :( at times :(

taso nansaba sa kaway/kawai???

.....asay.....taso landay agha like wala button katalay day? ^o)

shayanmsd37
04-28-2016, 03:09 PM
haha! yhassss!

time kho ba za alam, ka taso ijazat rakaway/rakawai ya na!;D
ao ji za pa pakistan ki sabaq waima. za pa ninth grade ki yama. zama o'levels exams ba di kaal ta kido kho chi za pakistan ta raghama no mata pata na wa chi zama da urdu, pakstudies and islamic studies exams ba day kaal ta vi. hence i wasn't ready do i've delayed then until nov/dec inshahallah.

fill haal, za ninth ki yama kho sa international examinations na warkoma.
ps. i had skipped eighth grade so ...dont worry i'm not aging;D to the extent i shouldn't be in ninth grade(i'm 14)

sorry i seem to loose my grip on pushto :( at times :(

taso nansaba sa kaway/kawai???

.....asay.....taso landay agha like wala button katalay day? ^o)
Za pa 10 class ke yen aor dagh kol(year) za 15 kola oshan(i started early).za pa Pakistan she Sabaq waima.
za makhta kol she Islamiat, Pakistan studies, Urdu exams warkaoma(may/June). That's how it goes in our school, at the end of 10 grade we appear for the exams mentioned above. And the next year we appear for all the remaining subjects.
aur ma like button katalay da aur za o Wes dairkun.And best of luck for your exams if you ever find a problem you can ask me, I have completed half of my syllabus, and just may be able to help.

ramen-thelegend
04-29-2016, 12:07 AM
Za pa 10 class ke yen aor dagh kol(year) za 15 kola oshan(i started early).za pa Pakistan she Sabaq waima.
za makhta kol she Islamiat, Pakistan studies, Urdu exams warkaoma(may/June). That's how it goes in our school, at the end of 10 grade we appear for the exams mentioned above. And the next year we appear for all the remaining subjects.
aur ma like button katalay da aur za o Wes dairkun.And best of luck for your exams if you ever find a problem you can ask me, I have completed half of my syllabus, and just may be able to help.
wow. i really like your dialect's accent. mashah allah it sounds really nice.

ok its hard for me to write all this down in pashto so i'm going to talk in english for now.

so you mean you're 14 and in 10th grade?!?! woah! thats cool(is that what you meant?). i'll be in 10th grade at 14 too.

the difference is i might appear for all those subjects in the same year.

your schools system is same to ours.(if its like you appear for urdu,pak studies and islamic studies in 9th grade and the remaining ones in 10th grade,i'm not sure if you mean that )

uhhhhhhhhhhhh.............i dont understand what you're talking about..........write in english please..........

and o yeah thanks:D . i knew there are many smarty pants here so i already made this thread just in case i need some help :D:
http://www.islamicboard.com/educatio...ng-advice.html

ramen-thelegend
04-29-2016, 12:09 AM
i understand what you're saying but cant really understand it........does that make sense?
yes.

za na paogama!

ramen-thelegend
04-29-2016, 12:43 AM
Do you know the process by which one unsubscribes from a thread? I keep receiving alerts about this thread but it has nothing to do with replies to me or anything so I keep coming back here and seeing za ka na sha blah blah and I'd like to stop receiving alerts about it that have no reference to me.
haha, sorry for that!

you go to your settings, there you see subscribed threads with new posts and then there u click on unsubscribe, which is there somewhere under the thread's title.

i wonder why i dont get that kind of notifications^o)???

Muhaba
04-29-2016, 08:38 PM
za pukhtana yam. mala pukhto razee

kho zama dialect mukhtalif dai. zamala formal pukhto ham razee. (this one). kho pa kor ki za khapl dialect wayam.

Muslim Woman
04-30-2016, 03:50 PM
:sl:

a reminder to all : try to avoid unnecessary talk with opposite gender . Insha Allah let's try to write more beneficial posts.

ramen-thelegend
05-04-2016, 04:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhaba
za pukhtana yam. mala pukhto razee

kho zama dialect mukhtalif dai. zamala formal pukhto ham razee. (this one). kho pa kor ki za khapl dialect wayam.
yar ha cha ta zama shanday pukhto dialect warzi o mata icha pa shanday um narazi! not fair!:hmm:

Muhaba
05-04-2016, 04:47 PM
yar ha cha ta zama shanday pukhto dialect warzi o mata icha pa shanday um narazi! not fair!:hmm:
Well formally it's "mala" but at home we say "mata" except when talking to people who speak the formal dialect then we automatically speak in a similar manner. It's like one is even embarrassed to talk in their own dialect when talking to those with the dialect regarded better or formal (book language).

And so it is. Zi tala si owayum. (Zi tata si oyayum)
I am used to talking in the formal language unless talking to those of my own dialect. It's a nice language. And i love to hear it spoken. Daira khkulee zaban dai. (Dair khesta zaban da).
Da kum zai na yai o dalta si kay o pukhti walai zakawun ghwari? Da mor zaban didi o ka asi zdakwan ghwari? Tush khabari o ka likan ham zdakwai?
There are vowel sounds that can't be translated to english but you can find them in Turkish. Like sı (what) with the i pronounced similarly to the undotted i in Turkish.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.