/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should I get a two year degree so I can marry early?

Mustafa16
04-25-2016, 08:50 PM
Like many of you know, I have had trouble lowering my gaze and staying away from dating and haram relationships.....I am doing dual enrollment next year in the 12th grade, which means in my final semester I take all college classes since I finished my credits early. That means that after High school, I only have 1 1/2 years if I get a 2 year degree, and 3-3 1/2 years for a 4 year degree (depending on if I do well on the AP classes' exams)......I want to get a two year degree so I can marry early, but my father told me that would be a waste of my potential.....but honestly I want to get married so badly....and I already have some sisters in mind.....what should I do? should I get a 4 year degree and wait, or get a two year degree and marry early? ps I have an iq of 127

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Serinity
04-25-2016, 09:00 PM
:salam:

Can you squezze 4 years into 2 years?

Bhabha
04-25-2016, 09:08 PM
Why don't you get married while you do your four year degree with your wife?

revertsister88
04-25-2016, 09:15 PM
Why can't you get married and continue with your studies? Marriage would not stop this surely?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mustafa16
04-25-2016, 10:06 PM
My parents say I have to make enough money to provide for me and my future wife before I can get married, and working minimum wage par time will not be enough......also, no I don't think I can squeeze 4 years into two years...how would I, anyway?

Bhabha
04-25-2016, 10:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
My parents say I have to make enough money to provide for me and my future wife before I can get married, and working minimum wage par time will not be enough......also, no I don't think I can squeeze 4 years into two years...how would I, anyway?
Are your parents willing to pay for your degree? I have seen couples that get married in order to keep their relationship halal but continue to live in their parents home while going to university.

Mustafa16
04-25-2016, 10:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bhabha
Are your parents willing to pay for your degree? I have seen couples that get married in order to keep their relationship halal but continue to live in their parents home while going to university.
Such a thing does not exist in my community to my knowledge.....the vast majority of potential wives and myself are part of the Gulen movement Turkish community, and to my knowledge that is not the case...besides, she (the girl I admire) would not want to move to my state of residence just to live with me and my mother.....I need to have something to offer before I marry, even though she was my childhood sweetheart EDIT: I meant me and my mother, my father doesn't live with me.

Mustafa16
10-27-2017, 03:49 AM
bump my mother is ok with me getting a two year degree, but i fear myself i will be wasting my intellect. getting married is not a problem, it turns out.

adyiqbal
11-13-2017, 09:44 AM
When you become the adult, you can marry at any time, if you can afford the expenses of your family. Keeps continue your study as well and complete your degree on time.

MiracleSurvivor
11-14-2017, 04:24 AM
Depends. Notice marriage is hard and you must have financial means. Depends what u are studying. Suppose if u finish associate and make good money get married but don’t have kids until u have bachelor because kids are EXPENSIVE!

rozyred
11-14-2017, 07:20 AM
Yes. I think it's better for you to finish your 2 years and get married and then continue your higher studies. Well. before getting married you can talk about your education plan to the sister whom you intend to marry, she may cope up with the situation. You can have kids after you finish your degree.

air
11-14-2017, 09:06 AM
Assalamualaikum Why don't you try salah istikhara, Allah knows better than most of us... If you take degree first, try to do fasting, try fast of Dawood PBUH if you can.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to edit my post above, but I don't know how... It should be 'Allah knows better than us'

Futuwwa
11-22-2017, 06:46 PM
Don't compromise improving yourself simply to be able to get married earlier. Might be the plans to get married soon fall through, and then you're left with nothing. Focus on improving yourself, for your own sake, and be the best man you can be. At the very least, you'll have reliably improved your own situation. At best, you'll be such an eligible bachelor that the marital issue will take care of itself ;D

keiv
11-22-2017, 08:15 PM
First and foremost. Getting a degree will not guarantee you instant (or even long term) financial success.
Secondly, being financially successful will not guarantee a successful marriage either

If you say your parents won't help pay for school, how do you plan on paying for it? Going to school full time will require a full time job, or multiple part time jobs. Financial aid can help but you still have to figure out how you're going to save money for a place to live with you and your potential wife since you say she won't want to stay with your parents.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.