/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Earth Crust and Hadith Inquiry

ArabicTruth
04-27-2016, 07:20 PM
Salaamu allaikum everyone,

I was reading Ihya-Ulum-eDeen by Al-Imam Al-Ghazali and I got to the book on travel.
Anyway, I read a Saheeh hadith:
، وعليكم بسير الليل؛ فإن الأرض تطوى بالليل ما لا تطوى بالنهار،

Basicaly for non arabs, the prophet Muhammad peace be upon him is saying to travel at night because the earth is folded at night which not as its folding in day time.

Basically I read a scholar interpreting the hadith as aiding the animals to travel at cool temperature and thus the distances traveled can be longer.

However through my understanding of contraction and expansion of solids and materials due to temperature, can it be referring to the actual earth crust being contracted at night?
Another thought however I think traveling from place A to place B would take the same KM`s both day and night time.

Failed attempt? Discuss haha.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
04-27-2016, 09:30 PM
I'd just take it literally o_0

...no big deal, getting lucky with tide times..

Yeah kinda still upset by this.

Although if you don't know that you know then that's something..

Anyway, the middle answer seems the most practically accurate..

Although it's multifaceted in itself.. Any number of factors could make travelling at night easier.

Although I will choose to believe that anything is possible.

All power and might and knowledge is with Allah swt alone..

Beats being unlucky anyway.

ArabicTruth
04-28-2016, 10:15 PM
I have just heard Sheikh Al-Bouti May Allah bless his soul talking about how one shouldn't interpret Quran and hadith unless it's following the exegesis language criteria rules. And how we shouldn't pick a scientific fact/theory and stick it to Quran.
As non professional anyway.

Therefore, whatever the scholars have seen it to be, I think it's what they said. It's nothing to do with expansion and contraction.
Just cooler for the animal etc.

JazakomoAllahuKhairan

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.