PDA

View Full Version : Arguments for converting to islam

agne
05-01-2016, 03:17 PM
If you could convince me to Islam, what would you tell me?:D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza :)
05-01-2016, 03:33 PM
I would (probably) start with, what do you know about Islam?

Do you have any particular questions?

agne
05-01-2016, 03:40 PM
I know a lot, but I have question- is islam religion of peace? If yes, please tell me why Quran says to kill innocent people.
My second question is- Are muslims identifying with ISIS?
For now ist all.

Muslim Woman
05-01-2016, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by agne
please tell me why Quran says to kill innocent people.

pl. post the verse , thanks .

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
05-01-2016, 03:54 PM

Muslims are in win win situation . If Christianity is true , then Jesus pbuh died for our sins and we all will go to paradise.

If Islam is the truth , then u will be in fire forever if die as a Christian . So , to be in a safe side , u must accept Islam
:D

05-01-2016, 03:59 PM
I know a lot, but I have question- is islam religion of peace? If yes, please tell me why Quran says to kill innocent people.
For now ist all.
It is the religion of peace. 'If anyone killed a person not in retaliation of murder, or to spread corruption in the land, it would be as if he killed all people, and if anyone saved a life it would be as if he saved the life of all people.If anyone saved a life,it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind.' Surah Al-Ma’idah 5:32
Those who kill innocent souls have nothing to do with Islam

05-01-2016, 04:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Muslims are in win win situation . If Christianity is true , then Jesus pbuh died for our sins and we all will go to paradise.

If Islam is the truth , then u will be in fire forever if die as a Christian . So , to be in a safe side , u must accept Islam
:D
Sorry but that is a very flawed logic

PaperCrane
05-01-2016, 04:06 PM
For now ist all.
I don't remember reading in Quran something that says to kill innocent people.
I'm not allowed to post links until I am a Full Member, but try looking for this video on Youtube : Shaykh Hamza Yusuf speaks about extremism to Mark Lawson from the BBC. It's an 8 minute video, I hope it clarifies things for you :)

agne
05-01-2016, 04:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
pl. post the verse , thanks .

“And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing…
but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more."

Muslim Woman
05-01-2016, 04:12 PM
“And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing…
but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more."

this verse does not allow Muslims to kill innocent persons. I can show u many verses from Bible about killing . Browse the forum first . What u are asking about has been answered here many times.

05-01-2016, 04:21 PM
Read this:-
https://islamqa.info/en/34770

sister herb
05-01-2016, 04:30 PM
This verse doesn´t tell Muslims to kill innocent people. You should know the historical background before you quote some verses or think that they represent Islam in general. This is one of the most common verse which is normally quoted out of context - and misunderstood intentionally or accidentally.

More about this verse and it´s real meaning:

http://theamericanmu slim.org/tam.php/features/articles/quran_2191_commentary

And to your the second question: no, Muslims in general don´t identify themselves to groups like Daesh (or ISIS if you want to use that term). If you read more from this forum, you can find some discussions about this matter. Please browse the forum and read those discussions first.

Mustafa16
05-01-2016, 05:00 PM
fitnah does not refer to disbelief here...it refers to oppression and corruption....the Muslims had been persecuted for 12 years, and even after they had fled and made their own community, the Makkan pagans wanted their blood so Allah swt is here instructing the Muslims to defend themselves....

~ Sabr ~
05-02-2016, 10:36 AM
Greetings agne,

If you truly believe in Allaah and RasoolAllaah :saws:, then revert to Islam.

The "nitty gritty" side of things can be ironed out later, but if you truly believe, then go for it, as we don't know when the angel of death will approach us. :thumbs_up

greenhill
05-02-2016, 12:28 PM
What I would say is that Allah created Adam and sent down Books toguide mankind from the trappings of Satan.

The Books included the Torah, the Psalms, the Bible and the Quran. Each to confirm the previous and to add to the lessons..

That the Paslms taught us about God through songs of praises and supplications, the Torah taught us the mechanics of human interactions, the Bible taught us forgiveness (to turn the other cheek) and with all the previous lessons learnt, the Quran showed the way to live in a community.

So, this is something that obviously linked to a divine plan. But it is also the divine plan to have Satan create all kinds of confusion. Therein lies the beauty of the mind, its ability to decipher the truth, if opened to see it.

:peace:

whosebob
05-02-2016, 12:54 PM
The Cosmic Egg

Do those who are unbelievers not see that the heavens and the earth were sewn together and then We unstitched them and that We made from water every living thing? So will they not have faith? (Surat al-Anbiya': 30)

There is a very important choice of words in the original Arabic whose translation is given above. The word ratk translated as "sewn to" means, "mixed in each, blended" in Arabic dictionaries. It is used to refer to two different substances that make up a whole. The phrase "we unstitched" is the verb fatk in Arabic and implies that something comes into being by tearing apart or destroying the structure of ratk. The sprouting of a seed from the soil is one of the actions to which this verb is applied. Let us take a look at the verse again with this knowledge in mind. In the verse, sky and earth are at first subject to the status of ratk. They are separated (fatk) with one coming out of the other. Intriguingly, cosmologists speak of a "cosmic egg" that consisted of all the matter in the universe prior to the Big Bang. In other words, all the heavens and earth were included in this egg in a condition of ratk. This cosmic egg exploded violently causing its matter to fatk and in the process created the structure of the whole universe.

If the density of the universe matter had been a little more, then the universe, according to Einstein's Theory of Relativity, would never expand due to the attraction forces of atomic particles, and would have recollapsed to turn into a spot. If the density had initially been a little less, then the universe would have expanded at the highest speed, and the atomic particles would not have been able to attract and capture one another and stars and galaxies would never have been formed. Naturally, we, too, would not have existed! According to the calculations made, the difference between the initial real density of the universe and the critical density beyond which there is no likelihood of its formation is less than a quadrillion of a hundredth. This is like placing a pen on its sharp end so that it can stay so even after one billion years. Moreover, this balance gets more delicate as the universe expands.

The Expansion of the universe in the Quran

It is We Who have built the universe with (Our creative) power, and, verily, it is We Who are steadily expanding it. (Surat adh-Dhariyat: 47)

Careful measurement puts the rate of expansion very close to a critical value at which the universe will just escape its own gravity and expand forever. A little slower and the cosmos would collapse, a little faster and the cosmic material would have long ago completely dispersed. It is interesting to ask precisely how delicately the rate of expansion has been "fine-tuned" to fall on this narrow dividing line between two catastrophes. If at time I S (by which time the pattern of expansion was already firmly established) the expansion rate had differed from its actual value by more than 10-18, it would have been sufficient to throw the delicate balance out. The explosive vigour of the universe is thus matched with almost unbelievable accuracy to its gravitating power. The big bang was not, evidently, any old bang, but an explosion of exquisitely arranged magnitude.

It is hard to resist the impression that the present structure of the universe, apparently so sensitive to minor alterations in the numbers, has been rather carefully thought out… The seemingly miraculous concurrence of numerical values that nature has assigned to her fundamental constants must remain the most compelling evidence for an element of cosmic design.

To find out more read Harun Yahya's THE CREATION OF THE UNIVERSE

His ebooks are free to download mashallah.

http://www.harunyahya.com/en/Books/9...f-The-Universe

whosebob
05-02-2016, 12:55 PM
Here's an argument that you can use for Dawah. It's especially relevant to Atheist and Poltheist.

Hope I've helped you guys out inshallah.

1.On the day of Judgement it’s either heaven or hell and the only rule that will save us is God’s Oneness Godwilling. But if you are still skeptical here’s an argument for you amongst many but to me it’s the one that makes the most sense. When you about to die will you turn to one God or many. God would’nt make it so complicated and confusing. That's why God is ONE

2.There's is also the argument in The Quran. It sais that if there was more than One God then there would be war between them.

3.Another argument is that God is most wise, His clever, why would he give someone else the same power. It would just cause misery so why would he do something like this? His independent of everything, That's why his God. We need Him. That's the relationship between God and his servents. It's unique. He would'nt cause confusion, That's why he sent Prophets and the holy books.

4.Also a God isn't created, to be created, means that you are not a God.

I like the first one the best because it makes sense. It's something anyone can understand.

If there are more logical arguments please let me know inshallah.

Salaam

whosebob
05-02-2016, 03:36 PM
God does'nt cause evil. Mankind does it but not God. That's why we have freewill. It's a test as simple as that. All you see is the negative. When people are starving, Allah provides food. What do you think Unicef and all these organisations are about. They do God's work but you don't seem to see that. As for children being sick, God provides Doctors and medication and He is there for them like you won't understand and never will until you believe.

Pygoscelis
05-02-2016, 03:36 PM
I disagree with and oppose Islam for many reasons, but this verse is not one of them. You need to do a little reading and learn the context of this before claiming it calls Muslims to kill all non-Muslims outright. If that were so, you'd have a LOT more violent Muslims int he world than what we actually have.

Pygoscelis
05-02-2016, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by whosebob
God does'nt cause evil. Mankind does it but not God. That's why we have freewill. It's a test as simple as that. All you see is the negative. When people are starving, Allah provides food. What do you think Unicef and all these organisations are about. They do God's work but you don't seem to see that. As for children being sick, God provides Doctors and medication and He is there for them like you won't understand and never will until you believe.
Are you one of those theists that believes that homosexuality causes hurricanes? I see some fundamentalist Christians on TV claiming such things (ie, Pat Robertson).

czgibson
05-02-2016, 03:51 PM
Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by whosebob
When people are starving, Allah provides food.
In that case, how do you explain all the famines that have occurred throughout history?

What do you think Unicef and all these organisations are about. They do God's work but you don't seem to see that.
Unicef does not have any specific religious affiliation.

As for children being sick, God provides Doctors and medication and He is there for them like you won't understand and never will until you believe.
Human ingenuity and scientific understanding provide doctors and medication. Where was God during the thousands of years of human existence before modern medicine arrived?

Peace

Muslim Woman
05-02-2016, 04:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
.... how do you explain all the famines that have occurred throughout history?
And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sabirin
(the patient ones, etc.).

(سورة البقرة, Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #155)

Serinity
05-02-2016, 04:21 PM
For a human to question the Wisdom of Allah SWT. Is like a child / ignorant questioning a surgeon for why and how he could operate on a patient and cut open his chest and break his bones!

A bypasser seeing someone in a hospital going through anguish, and famines happening, all happen because Allah SWT willed it, and Allah SWT is all wise. To question His wisdom and make judgement thereby is like a child accusing a doctor of murder.

Agne, I advice you to not make any hasty move, and think carefully, if you are sincere, Allah SWT will guide you. If Allah wills. if you ask for guidance, and keep at it.

Allah SWT is fully competent, all-knowing, All-great. He SWT does as He wills, and He is never unjust.

May Allah SWT guide you. Ameen.

~ Sabr ~
05-02-2016, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Well, I'm sure the families of people who have starved to death today while we've been having this conversation will feel better knowing that their loved ones were taking part in a test.

Peace
....People who go through these tests KNOW it is a test and have patience and TRUST in their Lord.

Serinity
05-02-2016, 05:25 PM
Knowing it is a test is quite reassuring.

Know that - the closer to Allah SWT you get, the harder the tests get. Don't for a moment think that getting closer to Allah SWT makes life easier. But also know that Allah SWT never tries a people beyond their scope. And know that as your belief in Allah SWT increases, so does your tests.

Everyone will be tested according to how much they can handle. None will be wronged, rather we are the ones wronging i. AFAIK.

think of it as a game - the better you get - the higher the level you are the harder the game.
But know that Allah SWT is all-knowing all-wise. And He SWT is the most kind, etc.

May Allah SWT forgive me if I said anything wrong, or erred. Ameen.
And Allah knows best.

Good brother
05-03-2016, 06:55 PM
http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/truejesus.htm

Muhaba
05-03-2016, 08:37 PM
Quran is the word of God, it is a unique Book, and it is unchanged (unchangeable ).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.