/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Learn how to pray, need help

agne
05-01-2016, 04:28 PM
How can I learn how to pray? How much times I should do things and in which order?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
05-01-2016, 07:23 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

There are 5 obligatory prayers in the day:

1. Fajr (Done at Sunrise)
2. Dhuhr (Done Early Afternoon)
3. 'Asr (Done Late Afternoon)
4. Maghrib (Done at Sundown)
5. Isha (Done in Evening)

There are specific times at which these prayers have to be done because it depends on the location of the sun. Therefore, you can use islamicfinder.org to enter your location and find out the specific times the prayers should be done.

Essentially all the prayers are prayed similarly except the number of rakaat is what differs. A rakaa basically means how many courses of movements is to be done in a prayer.

So for example, Fajr requires 2 rakaat, dhuhr is 4, 'asr is 4, maghrib is 3, and isha is 4.

Before every prayer you have to be in a state of purity, so you have to perform wudhu (cleansing ritual/ablution) anytime you use the bathroom, pass gas, or come into contact with anything impure (such as urine). Ghusl (full body bath) is to be done after intercourse or if you're a female, after you complete your period/menses (you can't pray while you have your period/menses).

This is how wudhu is done:

You can use these youtube vids which highlight exactly how to do each movement for each prayer and what to say:

Fajr

Dhuhr

Asr

Maghrib

Isha

Before making wudhu, ghusl, and salaah always remember to make the intention in your heart first.

If you memorize the following it will make it so much easier on you: Al Fatiha, Tashahhud, Salah ibraheemiya

And of course if its difficult for you to memorize everything, you can always write down the words on a paper and use it as you do the movements until you can recite without the paper. If you have any other questions (I know it can get overwhelming) feel free to ask! :)

AfdalFS
11-11-2016, 08:49 PM
Thank you so much for this reply sister, it's an awesome help!

Olivia J
11-27-2016, 07:51 PM
thanks for information sister

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
FarheenBuhari
11-28-2016, 01:36 AM
Alhamdulillah... Hereafter I should correct my mistake when I'm doing wudhu.. In Sha Allah

Ravi kiran
12-28-2016, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

There are 5 obligatory prayers in the day:

1. Fajr (Done at Sunrise)
2. Dhuhr (Done Early Afternoon)
3. 'Asr (Done Late Afternoon)
4. Maghrib (Done at Sundown)
5. Isha (Done in Evening)

There are specific times at which these prayers have to be done because it depends on the location of the sun. Therefore, you can use islamicfinder.org to enter your location and find out the specific times the prayers should be done.

Essentially all the prayers are prayed similarly except the number of rakaat is what differs. A rakaa basically means how many courses of movements is to be done in a prayer.

So for example, Fajr requires 2 rakaat, dhuhr is 4, 'asr is 4, maghrib is 3, and isha is 4.

Before every prayer you have to be in a state of purity, so you have to perform wudhu (cleansing ritual/ablution) anytime you use the bathroom, pass gas, or come into contact with anything impure (such as urine). Ghusl (full body bath) is to be done after intercourse or if you're a female, after you complete your period/menses (you can't pray while you have your period/menses).

This is how wudhu is done:

You can use these youtube vids which highlight exactly how to do each movement for each prayer and what to say:

Fajr

Dhuhr

Asr

Maghrib

Isha

Before making wudhu, ghusl, and salaah always remember to make the intention in your heart first.

If you memorize the following it will make it so much easier on you: Al Fatiha, Tashahhud, Salah ibraheemiya

And of course if its difficult for you to memorize everything, you can always write down the words on a paper and use it as you do the movements until you can recite without the paper. If you have any other questions (I know it can get overwhelming) feel free to ask! :)
Assalam alaikum.....What means sunnah.fard and nufl and son on in salah.....Could I plz explain it....

*charisma*
12-28-2016, 10:03 PM
Walaikum asalaam

format_quote Originally Posted by Ravi kiran
Assalam alaikum.....What means sunnah.fard and nufl and son on in salah.....Could I plz explain it....
Sunnah is anything the prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) said or did. We get rewards/blessings for emulating the prophet (pbuh).

Fardh means obligatory. Actions which are fardh are also sunnah. So some prayers are fardh, meaning we have to do them, while others are not fardh, but encouraged sunnah meaning we have a choice in doing them, and if we do them then we will get extra reward for them.

I hope that makes sense..

Ravi kiran
12-29-2016, 06:08 PM
Thank you very much.......

Ravi kiran
12-29-2016, 06:15 PM
Walaikum asalaam

Sunnah is anything the prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) said or did. We get rewards/blessings for emulating the prophet (pbuh).

Fardh means obligatory. Actions which are fardh are also sunnah. So some prayers are fardh, meaning we have to do them, while others are not fardh, but encouraged sunnah meaning we have a choice in doing them, and if we do them then we will get extra reward for them.

I hope that makes sense..
Assalamaleikum wa rahmatullahi was barkatuhu.......
But I recently checked some YouTube videos about 5 times of salah....But each type of salah also divided into two types named as fard and sunnah......But that two types are same........ my question is WHAT IS DEFERENCE BETWEEN IN DOING THEM LIKE RAKATS AND SURAS TO CHANT??????
I will be happy if u understand my intention.......

*charisma*
12-29-2016, 07:05 PM
Walaikum asalaam,

In their performance, there is no difference. You perform them the same way. The only thing which differs is the verses from quran or surahs you choose to use after reciting al-fatiha in the beginning. Does that answer your question?

aaj
12-29-2016, 07:40 PM
The units of prayers are the same whether you are praying fard (obligatory), sunnah (recommended) or nawfil(voluntary) prayers. The 2 units of rakah are the same and 4 units of rakah are the same. The only difference is your intention. Are you making the intention for fard, sunnah or nawfil before you say "Allahu Akbar" and start your salah.

As mentioned previously, only difference is the surahs you recite after surfah Fatiha, you can recite same or different surahs each time after .

Ravi kiran
12-30-2016, 05:56 AM
Walaikum asalaam,

In their performance, there is no difference. You perform them the same way. The only thing which differs is the verses from quran or surahs you choose to use after reciting al-fatiha in the beginning. Does that answer your question?
Assalamaleikum
Thanks for your precious information.
That was my question but what surahs I have to chant in sunnah and fard?????

(Iam living in village so iam unable to go maszid so I have to do salah in my home only)
So,kindly answer my question......
May ALLAH SUBHANAWTALA BLESSINGS BEUPON YOU......

Ravi kiran
12-30-2016, 05:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
The units of prayers are the same whether you are praying fard (obligatory), sunnah (recommended) or nawfil(voluntary) prayers. The 2 units of rakah are the same and 4 units of rakah are the same. The only difference is your intention. Are you making the intention for fard, sunnah or nawfil before you say "Allahu Akbar" and start your salah.

As mentioned previously, only difference is the surahs you recite after surfah Fatiha, you can recite same or different surahs each time after .
Assalamaleikum .....I want to know that which surahs to be chanted in SUNNAH and FARD??????

*charisma*
12-30-2016, 03:39 PM
Walaikum asalaam,

The videos above explain what to say...the only thing you can change is the surah after al-fatiha. Otherwise, everything else should be the same as above for every prayer.

Ravi kiran
01-05-2017, 05:31 PM
Walaikum asalaam,

Assalamaleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barkatuhu
Sister I have another question for you....
That is "IN VIDEO WHICH U SHARED ABOUT FAJR SALAH....IN STARTING after AL FATIHA WHAT HE IS CHANTED and in last AFTER SECOND SAJDAH WHAT HE WAS CHANTED"?????
KINDLY ANSWER MY QUESTION.......
ASSALAMALEIKUM WA RAHMATULLAHI WA BARKATUHU.......

*charisma*
01-05-2017, 07:30 PM
Assalamaleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barkatuhu
Sister I have another question for you....
That is "IN VIDEO WHICH U SHARED ABOUT FAJR SALAH....IN STARTING after AL FATIHA WHAT HE IS CHANTED and in last AFTER SECOND SAJDAH WHAT HE WAS CHANTED"?????
KINDLY ANSWER MY QUESTION.......
ASSALAMALEIKUM WA RAHMATULLAHI WA BARKATUHU.......
After al fatiha he recited surah al 'asr. You don't have to recite surah al 'asr, you can recite a different surah (like a short one such as surah al nas, or surah al falaq, or some consecutive verses from a different surah).

What he said after the 2nd sajdaah is the tashaahud and salaatul ibrahimeeya:

Also this link will also be very helpful, please take a look at it: http://raleighmasjid.org/how-to-pray/salah.htm

Ravi kiran
01-06-2017, 02:04 AM
After al fatiha he recited surah al 'asr. You don't have to recite surah al 'asr, you can recite a different surah (like a short one such as surah al nas, or surah al falaq, or some consecutive verses from a different surah).

Also this link will also be very helpful, please take a look at it: http://raleighmasjid.org/how-to-pray/salah.htm
Assalamaleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barkatuhu....
Thank you sister........

Ravi kiran
01-08-2017, 08:23 AM

Assalamaleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barkatuhu.....
Thank you for your support sister......I learned 2 tashahuds,but in the video u shared about the FAJR SALAH, in the ending after tashahuds WHAT HE RECITED JUST BEFORE THE "ASSALAMALEIKUM WA RAHMATULLAH"??????
If u answered this question,inshah allah,I will learn the FAJR SALAH.....
ALLATAALA MAY REWARD YOU HERE AND AKHIRAT...........
ASSALAMALEIKUM WA RAHMATULLAHI WA BARKATUHU.....

azc
01-08-2017, 01:23 PM
http://www.central-mosque.com/fiqh/Prayer.htm

*charisma*
01-09-2017, 12:52 AM
Thank you for your support sister......I learned 2 tashahuds,but in the video u shared about the FAJR SALAH, in the ending after tashahuds WHAT HE RECITED JUST BEFORE THE "ASSALAMALEIKUM WA RAHMATULLAH"??????
If u answered this question,inshah allah,I will learn the FAJR SALAH.....
ALLATAALA MAY REWARD YOU HERE AND AKHIRAT...........
ASSALAMALEIKUM WA RAHMATULLAHI WA BARKATUHU.....
You too Ameen.

What he said is a dua which is recited before the salams. Its sunnah, so you dont have to say it to complete the salaah, but you will get more reward for doing it and is a good dua to make. Here it is :

"اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ عَذَابِ الْقَبْرِ، وَمِنْ عَذَابِ جَهَنَّمَ، وَمِنْ فِتْنَةِ الْمَحْيَا وَالْمَمَاتِ، وَمِنْ شَرِّ فِتْنَةِ الْمَسِيحِ الدَّجَّالِ".

55. Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika min l'athaabil-qabri, wa min 'athaabi jahannama, wa min fitnatil-mahyaa walmamaati, wa min sharri fitnatil-maseehid-dajjaal.

O Allah, I seek refuge in You from the punishment of the grave, and from the punishment of Hell-fire, and from the trials of life and death, and from the evil of the trial of the False Messiah.

Reference: Al-Bukhari 2/102, Muslim 1/412, and this is Muslim's wording.

http://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/Fortress/024.html

You can make other duas as well inshallah. If you know how to do fajr salaah then the rest of the salaahs will be easy inshallah.

Ravi kiran
01-09-2017, 03:28 AM
You too Ameen.

What he said is a dua which is recited before the salams. Its sunnah, so you dont have to say it to complete the salaah, but you will get more reward for doing it and is a good dua to make. Here it is :

"اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ عَذَابِ الْقَبْرِ، وَمِنْ عَذَابِ جَهَنَّمَ، وَمِنْ فِتْنَةِ الْمَحْيَا وَالْمَمَاتِ، وَمِنْ شَرِّ فِتْنَةِ الْمَسِيحِ الدَّجَّالِ".

55. Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika min l'athaabil-qabri, wa min 'athaabi jahannama, wa min fitnatil-mahyaa walmamaati, wa min sharri fitnatil-maseehid-dajjaal.

O Allah, I seek refuge in You from the punishment of the grave, and from the punishment of Hell-fire, and from the trials of life and death, and from the evil of the trial of the False Messiah.

Reference: Al-Bukhari 2/102, Muslim 1/412, and this is Muslim's wording.

http://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/Fortress/024.html

You can make other duas as well inshallah. If you know how to do fajr salaah then the rest of the salaahs will be easy inshallah.
Thank u very much sister for your support and suggestions........Zajakallah khair.......

Cptn._.Mario
01-12-2017, 05:56 AM
Download the app salah 3d pro on your phone. it's free and shows you step by step :)

Ravi kiran
01-19-2017, 01:31 AM
Thank u very much sister for your support and suggestions........Zajakallah khair.......
Assalamaleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barkatuhu...Good morning sister....
I changed my name as MOHAMMAD and I learned Surahs also FATIHA,al ikhlas,al asr and iam trying to learn other Surahs also.....
But I have a query sister that is "CAN I RECITE THESE SURAHS ONLY IN SUNNAH AND FARD SALAHS?????" Could you please help me sister???
Assalamaleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barkatuhu........Allah subhanawataala may reward you here and hereafter....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.