/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hijaab for Daughter - Age?

~ Sabr ~
05-07-2016, 10:22 AM
:salamext:

Hope you are all doing well :ia:

I have a couple of questions and I hope you can advise me :ia:

1) At what age would you start to introduce Hijaab to little girls? :hijab2:
2) At what age would you expect them to wear it full time (e.g. in front of gair/non mahrams)? :muslimah:

I cannot remember what age I started to wear it from.

:jz:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
05-07-2016, 10:30 AM
:wasalam:

Hope you are well too :).

The younger the better, so they get used to it :ia:.

:fatwa:

A girl should be advised to wear Hijaab at the age of seven. At the age of ten, she should be rebuked for not adhering to Hijaab. The purpose of the
above is to train the girl well in advance so that she carries out the
orders of Hijaab immediately upon attaining puberty.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Source

sister herb
05-07-2016, 11:10 AM
I think that many girls like try to imitate their mothers at those ages like 7 to 10 anyways. They make secret trips to their mother´s wardrobe and wear as "big sisters" do as a child´s play . (I did same at that age too. :statisfie ) If we also inspire them to do so it might be easier at the young age. Later it´s more difficult as we can´t force them to wear hijab of course, fatwa or not. :o

BilalKid
05-07-2016, 12:24 PM
niqab too? ;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BeTheChange
05-07-2016, 01:41 PM
Walaikumasalaam,

Please have a read of the below advise:

Praise be to Allaah. A person is not considered to be accountable until after reaching puberty. Before puberty he or she is not accountable, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“The Pen has been lifted from three: from the child until he reaches puberty, from the sleeper until he wakes up, and from the one who has lost his mind until he recovers.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, 4402).

Based on this, then a girl has to put on complete hijab when she reaches puberty. There are three signs of puberty that males and females have in common: 1 – Nocturnal emissions (wet dreams)2 – Growth of coarse hairs around the private parts3 – Reaching the age of fifteen

If you wish to read more please visit: https://islamqa.info/en/20475

Please ensure the above site follows your school of thought/madhab.

Jazahka Allah.

~ Sabr ~
05-08-2016, 07:08 AM
:jz: for all your contributions

I asked my mum yesterday at what age did I start wearing it and she said when I started to go Masjid daily to read Qur'aan.

So I think that was around 5....so :ia: will try it on my daughter when she starts Masjid.

May Allaah make it easy for me and her and make her a Haafizah which is my dream, Ameen :love:

~ Sabr ~
05-08-2016, 07:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BilalKid
niqab too? ;D
Nope, as in this day and age with terrorist threats I'd rather she didn't. Her choice though, but I will not teach her to wear it. Hijaab first. She can do what she likes after that.

Serinity
05-08-2016, 07:13 AM
:salam:

The younger the better. Definitely encourage her, definitely at the age of 7.

Afaik, women mature faster than men, so if she is 10, it is like a 13 year old boy or something.

Allahu alam

~ Sabr ~
05-08-2016, 07:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
:salam:

The younger the better. Definitely encourage her, definitely at the age of 7.

Afaik, women mature faster than men, so if she is 10, it is like a 13 year old boy or something.

Allahu alam
:wasalamex

She will only turn 3 in a couple of months :embarrass (:ma:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.