/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why does no-one give this answer?!

strivingobserver98
05-08-2016, 06:09 PM
Why is it??

A husband is rude, abusive and bad tempered: the wife is told to have sabr and reminded what a good muslim wife does.

A wife is rude and bad tempered: the husband is told to find a more pious wife, she is told women don't act this way and her character slandered.

It is reported that a man came to 'Umar ibn Al-Khattab (radhiAllahu anhu) to complain about his wife's ill-temper. While he was waiting for 'Umar to come out of his house, he heard 'Umar's wife scolding him and 'Umar quietly listening to her, and not answering her back. The man turned around and started walking away, muttering to himself: "If that is the case with 'Umar, the leader of the believers, who is famous for his uprighteness and toughness, then what about poor me?!" At that moment, 'Umar came out of his house and saw the man walking away. He called him and said, "What is it you want of me, O man?" The man replied: "O leader of the believers, I came to complain to you about my wife's bad-temper and how she nags me. Then I heard your wife doing the same to you, so I turned around, muttering to myself, 'If that is the situation of the leader of the believers, then what about me?'" 'Umar replied, "O my brother, I bear with her because of her rights over me. She cooks my food, bakes my bread, washes my clothes, breast-feeds my child...and yet none of these are her duty; and then she is a comfort to my heart and keeps me away from forbidden deeds. Consequently, I bear with her." The man said, "It is the same with me, O leader of the believers." 'Umar said: "Then, O my brother, be patient with her, indeed this life is short. (Adh-Dhahabi, Al-Kabâ'ir 194)

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bhabha
05-08-2016, 06:12 PM
سبحاب الله

This is a good response to these circumstances :)

abumuslim82
05-08-2016, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
Why is it??

A husband is rude, abusive and bad tempered: the wife is told to have sabr and reminded what a good muslim wife does.

A wife is rude and bad tempered: the husband is told to find a more pious wife, she is told women don't act this way and her character slandered.

It is reported that a man came to 'Umar ibn Al-Khattab (radhiAllahu anhu) to complain about his wife's ill-temper. While he was waiting for 'Umar to come out of his house, he heard 'Umar's wife scolding him and 'Umar quietly listening to her, and not answering her back. The man turned around and started walking away, muttering to himself: "If that is the case with 'Umar, the leader of the believers, who is famous for his uprighteness and toughness, then what about poor me?!" At that moment, 'Umar came out of his house and saw the man walking away. He called him and said, "What is it you want of me, O man?" The man replied: "O leader of the believers, I came to complain to you about my wife's bad-temper and how she nags me. Then I heard your wife doing the same to you, so I turned around, muttering to myself, 'If that is the situation of the leader of the believers, then what about me?'" 'Umar replied, "O my brother, I bear with her because of her rights over me. She cooks my food, bakes my bread, washes my clothes, breast-feeds my child...and yet none of these are her duty; and then she is a comfort to my heart and keeps me away from forbidden deeds. Consequently, I bear with her." The man said, "It is the same with me, O leader of the believers." 'Umar said: "Then, O my brother, be patient with her, indeed this life is short. (Adh-Dhahabi, Al-Kabâ'ir 194)

Source
Umar r.a. At times would also be stern with his wives.

*patient-light*
05-08-2016, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abumuslim82
Umar r.a. At times would also be stern with his wives.
The best of you are those who are best to their wife.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
abumuslim82
05-09-2016, 06:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *patient-light*
The best of you are those who are best to their wife.
The best of you are those who are best to their family.

Some people are lions at home and when u see them in public ( on the street, on Islamicboard, etc.. ) they like little kitties,

Other are soft with their families, and like lions in public, especially wen it cums to dealing with kuffaar ( like for example the spies and munafiqeen on these kinda sites )

Arfa
05-09-2016, 03:09 PM
In today's society when we are aware of so much information regarding Deen and History ,we forget to appreciate The Calliphate four pillars on which deen was based.Those were true leaders Hazrat Umer RA was a leader who's fairness matched none in his time so it was seen in his martial life.Basically leaders like hazrat Umer inspired leadership among their followers by setting examples themselves..SubhanAllah

'Abd-al Latif
05-09-2016, 05:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan

She cooks my food, bakes my bread, washes my clothes, breast-feeds my child...and yet none of these are her duty; and then she is a comfort to my heart and keeps me away from forbidden deeds.
I'll be brutally honest with you: it's because you don't find a lot of women with these simple and basic qualities. Generally speaking the Muslim women of today are lazy, unproductive and ill mannered I'm sorry to say. The minority of women who have true fear of Allah are very few in number.

Take this picture below for example. The husband is probably giving her a high five yet she's making it out like it's physical abuse.

'Abd-al Latif
05-09-2016, 06:00 PM
Temporarily closing this thread. Will reopen in a few minutes once I've read everything - if all is civil and well.

EDIT

I'm reopening this thread upon the condition that you stay on topic. Any off topic discussions will lead to the actions described succinctly on the image below.

MuslimInshallah
05-09-2016, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
I'll be brutally honest with you: it's because you don't find a lot of women with these simple and basic qualities. Generally speaking the Muslim women of today are lazy, unproductive and ill mannered I'm sorry to say. The minority of women who have true fear of Allah are very few in number.
Assalaamu alaikum Abd al Latif,

Mmm... how would you know what most women are like? (mildly) As a woman, I meet with quite a few Muslim women, and I'd say that there are all kinds. And overall, I find quite a lot of them rather hardworking.

Abuse between spouses is a real problem in the Muslim community (and yes, there are abusive women as well as men, though the methods women use may be different). It is particularly hard, though, for women to find any help through the Muslim community. Because many of the women (especially the most mistreated) are shy to approach the male leaders of the community. And when they do try to get help, those leaders tend not to know how to deal with the problems, and too often, don't want to acknowledge them. If they even have the time to listen.

To make things worse, if a woman then tries to get help from non-Muslim agencies, she may be discriminated against for being Muslim. She may be told that Islam is the problem (and it doesn't help that the abuser says pretty much the same thing- that "Islam" justifies and upholds his behaviour), and she may find herself in the difficult position of trying to defend her faith from the very people she was hoping to get help from. For a revert, it may be even harder. She may be told things like "Why did you chose to do this to yourself?" or "It's your fault for marrying a Muslim man (because "everyone" knows that Muslim men are abusive...).

At least, this is what I have found in Canada.

And so, it seems to me that the debate that Farhan is trying to open up with his initial post, is one that we need to have. In a serious manner. What are the problems? And how can the Muslim community deal with them (rather than having to rely on non-Muslim agencies)?

This is not just a women's issue. Nor is it only a family issue. Because seriously unhealthy families are the ones that tend to produce children who are more likely to get into addictions, gangs, prostitution and various criminal acts. The adults are suffering, the children are suffering, the Muslim community suffers, and society at large suffers.

Is it possible that accusations of abuse can be unfairly levelled? Of course! And we need to be aware of this and be careful in our assessments, accusations and actions. But fear of mischief should not stop us from taking the issue of abuse seriously.

May Allah, the One to Whom We Shall Return, Help us to remember that we are accountable for our deeds- including those of omission. (smile) And may He Help us build a strong, just and caring Ummah.

anatolian
05-09-2016, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Generally speaking the Muslim women of today are lazy, unproductive
Salam. I totally agree you on this though, I strongly think it is the muslim men of today who force these women into such isolation from hardworking, productive society. Majority of muslim men think that the place of the woman is her home only or somewhere backwards..

Pygoscelis
05-09-2016, 07:45 PM
The place for the woman is wherever the woman wants to be....

anatolian
05-09-2016, 07:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
I was fascinated by Communism once upon a time...But one of the biggest flaws of that ideology is thinking that people should have the right of laziness. This is simply impossible. If anybody woman/man wants respect she/he has to work...

'Abd-al Latif
05-09-2016, 08:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
Assalaamu alaikum Abd al Latif,

Mmm... how would you know what most women are like? (mildly) As a woman, I meet with quite a few Muslim women, and I'd say that there are all kinds. And overall, I find quite a lot of them rather hardworking.

Abuse between spouses is a real problem in the Muslim community (and yes, there are abusive women as well as men, though the methods women use may be different). It is particularly hard, though, for women to find any help through the Muslim community. Because many of the women (especially the most mistreated) are shy to approach the male leaders of the community. And when they do try to get help, those leaders tend not to know how to deal with the problems, and too often, don't want to acknowledge them. If they even have the time to listen.

To make things worse, if a woman then tries to get help from non-Muslim agencies, she may be discriminated against for being Muslim. She may be told that Islam is the problem (and it doesn't help that the abuser says pretty much the same thing- that "Islam" justifies and upholds his behaviour), and she may find herself in the difficult position of trying to defend her faith from the very people she was hoping to get help from. For a revert, it may be even harder. She may be told things like "Why did you chose to do this to yourself?" or "It's your fault for marrying a Muslim man (because "everyone" knows that Muslim men are abusive...).

At least, this is what I have found in Canada.

And so, it seems to me that the debate that Farhan is trying to open up with his initial post, is one that we need to have. In a serious manner. What are the problems? And how can the Muslim community deal with them (rather than having to rely on non-Muslim agencies)?

This is not just a women's issue. Nor is it only a family issue. Because seriously unhealthy families are the ones that tend to produce children who are more likely to get into addictions, gangs, prostitution and various criminal acts. The adults are suffering, the children are suffering, the Muslim community suffers, and society at large suffers.

Is it possible that accusations of abuse can be unfairly levelled? Of course! And we need to be aware of this and be careful in our assessments, accusations and actions. But fear of mischief should not stop us from taking the issue of abuse seriously.

May Allah, the One to Whom We Shall Return, Help us to remember that we are accountable for our deeds- including those of omission. (smile) And may He Help us build a strong, just and caring Ummah.
:wasalamex

Don't get me wrong I'm not condoning abuse of any sort (I assume you're referring to the picture). I was referring to my experiences in the past few years where I've seen only very few truly righteous women who are productive and proactive in Islam. By being productive and proactive I don't mean praying five times a day, fasting in Ramadan and giving zakat as these are obligations. I mean going above and beyond by doing voluntary deeds to come closer to Allah and to have the mannerisms and characteristics that are praiseworthy in everyone's eyes. These qualities include forbearance, integrity, patience and self-control, generosity, gratitude, etc to name a few. It's easy enough to say someone has these qualities but as Al-Hasan Al-Basri said: the true character of a person is revealed during times of trial. If you see these qualities in a Muslim during times of trial then praise Allah for giving you companionship of a righteous Muslim.

In addition, how many Muslim women can cook? How many are truly mentally prepared to have children? How many Muslim women possess righteous qualities that they can pass on to their children? How many Muslim women do you know who are truly diligent regarding their duties towards their husbands as per the hadith of the Prophet? Muslim women need to make a great effort to steer clear from gossip, jealous, hatred, stubbornness and argumentation in every sphere of their lives. I am not suggesting women should take abuse from their abusive husbands or remain silent if there is clear wrong but Muslim women need to take themselves and their eman to account before they are called to account at the time of their death.

format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis

The place for the women who have submitted to Allah and have chosen Islam as their way of life is with Qur'an and the guidance of the Messenger.

Arfa
05-10-2016, 03:24 PM
This thread is authentic and I would agree that it holds importance because Patience isn't just limited to women though by nature many truly are more patient.Its just a habit a practice that or a trait muslim men and women should have.Secondly abuse is shunned in society because it's a disease that's sadly prevailing in our muslim society too and closing your eyes to such issue can cause serious imbalance in society.Therefore Islam mentions transgressors are serious defaulters in light of Islam who cross limits .men who lack self control and are abusive physically or verbally to their wife or generally need to be reported by law as such black guards spoil society in general.Leaders of Ummah should take note and so should those helpless women who are afraid and shy to report.May Allah guide us to straight path Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.