/* */

PDA

View Full Version : You think staying up is a good idea this Ramadan?‏

strivingobserver98
05-09-2016, 09:50 PM
With the night so short this Ramadan, it’s probably easier to stay up and wait for Fajr.

That’s probably not a good idea…. and here’s why.

1. Our bodies need nighttime sleep. Sleeping 1 hour at night packs a bigger punch than sleeping 4 hours in the day.

It’s how Allah designed it.

“Do they not see that We made the night that they may rest therein” [Quran 27:86]

2. Remember, Ramadan is training. You pick up good habits to continue beyond Ramadan. One of those great habits is to wake up before Fajr for Qiyam or suhoor (and for those who struggle waking up for Fajr now, this is how your body will keep it up even after Ramadan).

3. It’s the Sunnah. The sleeping habit of the Prophet (ﷺ) was to sleep immediately after Isha, wake up in the 3rd part of the night for Qiyam, then separate that from Fajr with a little rest.

Aisha (radia Allahu anha) said, “The Prophet (ﷺ) used to lie down on his right side, after offering two rak`at (Sunna) of the Fajr prayer.” [Bukhari]

So here are some tips…

>> sleep immediately after returning from Taraweeh

>> stay away from social media at night

>> make sure to make wudhu and say your adhkar before sleeping

>> wind down with a little Quran reading

>> wake up for Suhur and make Dua

>> pray the Fajr sunnah and lay down even if in the masjid waiting for the salah

>> during the day, make sure to take time out for 20-minute power naps

>> don’t stress about actually sleeping; just close your eyes and relax for 20 minutes

Looking forward to hear about your power nap stories :)

~Muhammad Alshareef

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noraina
05-10-2016, 05:42 AM
It's definitely not a good idea. I attempted this last Ramadan - I don't why but I thought what was the point of sleeping as once iftar and prayers were complete there were just a couple of hours to go until suhoor.

At first it felt quite good, less sleep seemed to be giving me more energy. But after a fortnight it really took its toll and I was so exhausted subhanAllah by the end of Ramadan. Lesson learnt: even two hours extra of sleep are invaluable.

~ Sabr ~
05-10-2016, 08:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
sleep immediately after returning from Taraweeh
:salamext:

Taraweeh finishes in the masjid about 12:30am....get home about 12:50am....fast needs to be closed about 2.00am - Sleep for 1 hour?! Doesn't make sense lol

Serinity
05-10-2016, 10:14 AM
:salam:

you get about 1 hour sleep throughout the day, try to sleep/relax 20 minutes after dhuhr.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bhabha
05-10-2016, 12:02 PM
Do women need to be at the masjid this late at night during Ramadan? My masjid is so far away and i can't be out past sundown at all :/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.