/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Appreciating our Elders

MidnightRose
05-10-2016, 04:22 PM
Imaam Ahmad bin Hambal (rahimahullah) mentions: “For the last 30 years, I have not slept without first supplicating and seeking forgiveness for Imaam Shaafi‘ee (rahimahullah).”

‘Abdullah (rahimahullah), the son of Imaam Ahmad bin Hambal (rahimahullah) says: I asked my father, “What type of person was Imaam Shaafi‘ee (rahimahullah), for I often hear you supplicating for him?” Imaam Ahmad (rahimahullah) replied, “O son! Imaam Shaafi‘ee (rahimahullah) was like the sun to this world and like health to the people. Tell me, is there anything that can possibly replace the sun and health?” (Risaalatul Mustarshideen pg. 203)

Lessons:

1. Showing respect and honour to the ‘Ulama and our seniors is an important part of our deen. Together with respecting and revering them, we should show appreciation and gratitude for the services and sacrifices they rendered for deen. One way of showing gratitude is to regularly make du‘aa for them.

2. If we cannot show adequate appreciation and respect to these eminent personalities, we should, at the very least, avoid speaking against them. After all, they are the people who paved the path for us to enjoy the deen of Islam today.

3. Just as we respect and honour the ‘Ulama due to them being our spiritual deeni parents, we also respect and honour the parents who are responsible for our physical existence. In fact, the right of the parents and the honour that should be afforded to them is even more than that of the ‘Ulama. We should thus serve them with devotion and faithfulness and daily set aside time to make du‘aa for them.

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
05-10-2016, 04:26 PM
:sl:

Jazakallah khair for sharing.

noraina
05-11-2016, 09:12 AM
How much more difficult would things be without these scholars whose writings allow us to understand Islam so much more? And of course what our parents have done for us is immeasurable, may Allah SWT always preserve and protect them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.