/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gender Identity and Islamic Teaching?

bound
05-10-2016, 07:24 PM
Asalama'ulakum,

In the West, there is a lot of talk about 'gender identity'... what does Islam teach concerning this?

Wa'salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
05-10-2016, 07:33 PM
Khadija bint Khuwaylid

May Allah swt be pleased with her..

Probably the most easiest to draw comparison too..Western ideals..

Although it is no true reflection of who she was.. Sorry, what we make her out to be.

May Allah swt be pleased with her.

Who defines "feminism"

drac16
05-11-2016, 04:18 AM
Wa alaykum salam.

What transgendered people tend to say is that they were born with the wrong body (i.e. their mind does not match what genitals they have). As muslims, we believe that God creates. He never makes mistakes, so to say that God gave you the wrong body is a huge insult [to God]. You are more than a mishmash of cells-- that's what the secular world doesn't understand. The Qur'an says that Allah azza wa jal created us in stages. He chose what sex we would be and He chose what the proper expression of gender is, irrespective of how that makes trans people feel.

Anyone who thinks they've been given the wrong body is committing blasphemy, because what they're saying is that Allah made a mistake (and we know that He never makes mistakes). Transgendered people need salvation just as much as anyone else, though, so let's not use their sin as an excuse to berate or insult them.

Delphi
06-07-2016, 06:44 PM
In Ontario I am free and protected by the same laws that protect the rights of Muslims. I am a postoperative transsexual woman.
Religious fundamentalism is something that has no place in the governance of society, even though all religions are entitled to their private beliefs and practices.
This is the bedrock and backbone of western society. This principle of noninterference is why our economy is so strong and science so bright. I myself will die to defend this, because to me, and many others, it is what is good, and right, and holy.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Delphi
06-07-2016, 06:47 PM
Another point to note is the fatwa issued by the Ayatollah Khomenei allowing transsexuals to transition, and the prevalence of eunuch harem guards in Shia Caliphate court culture. The traditional Indian word for transsexual, "Hijra" has a Muslim root. Of course, to some people, Shias are incorrect - but I'm just saying . It's worth noting.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.