/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Intersex

Mauri
05-10-2016, 10:45 PM
Just being curious, if you are or know some intersex muslims, how do you choose how to dress and which side to go in mosque? Do you shake hands with people?
If not too personal, do you feel sexually attracted to either, both or neither gender?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
05-11-2016, 06:21 PM
Asalamualykum,

Islam is as clear as day & night. Alhamdulilah. It's us people who make life difficult for ourselves.

Praise be to Allah.

Firstly:

It is not possible for anyone, no matter who he is, to change the creation of Allah, may He be exalted, from male to female or vice versa. Whoever Allah, may He be exalted, has created as a male can never become a female who menstruates and gives birth!

Secondly:

What a person may feel in his mind and heart, that he is of a gender other than what he appears to be to us does not give him an excuse to change his gender; rather it comes under the heading of following the Shaytaan in changing the creation of Allah – outwardly but not truly – and those feelings do not make it permissible for him to undergo surgery or take medicines and hormones to change his outward appearance. Rather he must be content with the decree of Allah, may He be exalted, and treat his case on the basis of faith and obedience to Allah. It is not permissible for him to make himself appear outwardly to be of a gender other than his real gender with which Allah created him, otherwise he will be committing a major sin; if this person is really female then she will be masculinised and if he is really male then he will be effeminate.

If you wish to read more please visit: https://islamqa.info/en/138451

Mauri
05-11-2016, 08:41 PM
Thanx for answer! But I think you're now speaking of transgender people, and I'm asking about intersexual people.

Serinity
05-11-2016, 09:18 PM
:salam:

If one is intersexual, and one feels more male than female, and says to the doctor "I am female" he is lying and is sinful. No better than the transgenders, afaik.

Allahu alam tho.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BeTheChange
05-11-2016, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mauri
Thanx for answer! But I think you're now speaking of transgender people, and I'm asking about intersexual people.
Forgive me my mistake.

The below link may interest you if you are wanting an islamic perspective:

https://islamqa.info/en/114670 (Although the link does not directly answer your question it gives you an understanding of what is and is not allowed in terms of marriage)

Feel free to ask the sheikhs insha Allah.

_E_3
05-11-2016, 10:03 PM
intersex means that there born with both parts male and female

ardianto
05-12-2016, 03:34 PM
From what I know some intersex experiencing inner conflict because the gender that defined by doctor is different that what he/she feel. In example, doctor definite that he/she close to female. Then the family start to treat him/her as female, but he/she feel as male.

Serinity
05-12-2016, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
From what I know some intersex experiencing inner conflict because the gender that defined by doctor is different that what he/she feel. In example, doctor definite that he/she close to female. Then the family start to treat him/her as female, but he/she feel as male.
If he feels male, he should become male, simples. Afaik.

ardianto
05-12-2016, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
If he feels male, he should become male, simples. Afaik.
I think like this too.

Kiro
05-12-2016, 04:25 PM
people often confuse or have transexual be synonymous with transgender me thinks

Serinity
05-12-2016, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
people often confuse or have transexual be synonymous with transgender me thinks
If someone is born male, it is never permissible, no matter what, to change gender, as that is changing the Creation of Allah SWT. Which is a major sin, afaik.

Kiro
05-12-2016, 05:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
If someone is born male, it is never permissible, no matter what, to change gender, as that is changing the Creation of Allah SWT. Which is a major sin, afaik.
yes captain habibi obvious ^o)

ardianto
05-12-2016, 05:35 PM
Transgender is someone who has feeling opposite of his/her real gender. While transexual is transgender who change his/her sexual organ through surgery.

Kiro
05-12-2016, 05:36 PM
Transgender is someone who has feeling opposite of his/her real gender. While transexual is transgender who change his/her sexual organ through surgery.
transexual is someone born with genetalia opposite of their appearance

ardianto
05-12-2016, 05:46 PM
transexual is someone born with genetalia opposite of their appearance
Trans itself means transition, or change/move from ...... into .....

Kiro
05-12-2016, 05:46 PM
Trans itself means transition, or change/move from ...... into .....
Well I don't know. I don't make the rules. lol

sister herb
05-12-2016, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _E_
intersex means that there born with both parts male and female
If someone has born like this, we can´t or we shouldn´t judge him/her. He/she obiviously couldn´t nothing for this.

Wikipedia says:

Intersex, in humans and other animals, describes variations in sex characteristics including chromosomes, gonads, or genitals "that do not fit typical binary notions of male or female bodies". Such variations may involve genital ambiguity, and combinations of chromosomal genotype and sexual phenotype other than XY-male and XX-female. Intersex people were previously referred to as hermaphrodites, but the term has fallen out of favor as it is considered to be misleading and stigmatizing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex

Nowadays in some countries it has became trendy to discuss about "the third gender" but it´s good to remember that only 1.7 percent of human births are intersex.

Bhabha
05-12-2016, 06:00 PM
The cause for all of this? Environmental degradation ...

sister herb
05-12-2016, 06:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bhabha
I think that kind of people have born at the all times not only now when we have problems with the environmental.

Bhabha
05-12-2016, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
I think that kind of people have born at the all times not only now when we have problems with the environmental.
I don't know, but I thought there was an increase in these kind of variations with changes in the environment >_<

ardianto
05-12-2016, 11:18 PM
One figure in Hindu mythology believed as intersex, and this mythology came from era when environment was not degraded like now.

I don't know, but I thought there was an increase in these kind of variations with changes in the environment >_<
I don't think the percentage of intersex people increased. If now intersex people seem like more much than in the past, it's because now they dare to reveal themselves, unlike in the past, and talk about it is not considered taboo anymore.

sister herb
05-13-2016, 01:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mauri
If not too personal, do you feel sexually attracted to either, both or neither gender?
Of my mind it´s not suitable matter for the Islamic forum that members would start to explain here about their sexuality like which gender they have the sexual interest.

Just my opinion.

Muezzin
05-13-2016, 04:22 PM
Definitions

Intersex - noun

the abnormal condition of being intermediate between male and female; hermaphroditism.

an intersex individual; a hermaphrodite.

Transgender - adjective
adjective: transgender; adjective: transgendered

denoting or relating to a person whose self-identity does not conform unambiguously to conventional notions of male or female gender.

Transsexual - noun
noun: transsexual; plural noun: transsexuals; noun: transexual; plural noun: transexuals

a person who emotionally and psychologically feels that they belong to the opposite sex.
"a pre-operative male-to-female transsexual"
a person who has undergone treatment in order to acquire the physical characteristics of the opposite sex.

adjective
adjective: transsexual; adjective: transexual

relating to a transsexual person.
"transsexual fantasies"

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!