/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How big is Jahannam

Kiro
05-12-2016, 03:48 PM
Allah promises he will fill hellfire up.

So is the size of hellfire comparable to Jannah?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kiro
05-12-2016, 04:10 PM

EgyptPrincess
05-12-2016, 04:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
Lil Kiro :)

I don't think the size is mentioned?

Serinity
05-12-2016, 04:40 PM
:salam:

Idk, but I want to know. But I'd like to play with the Fire of Hellfire in Jannah, If Allah SWT permits. And Allah SWT knows best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
OmAbdullah
05-12-2016, 05:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity

Idk, but I want to know. But I'd like to play with the Fire of Hellfire in Jannah, If Allah SWT permits. And Allah SWT knows best.

Wa alaikum salaam, wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Seek the refuge of Allah from the Hell Fire, it is not a joke!!!

Serinity
05-12-2016, 05:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nbegam
Wa alaikum salaam, wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Seek the refuge of Allah from the Hell Fire, it is not a joke!!!
I seek refuge within Allah SWT from the Hellfire.

is it bad that I want to play with the Fire of Hell?

EgyptPrincess
05-12-2016, 05:11 PM

You mean like torture the people in Jahannam with fire? ^o)

Serinity
05-12-2016, 05:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by EgyptPrincess
You mean like torture the people in Jahannam with fire? ^o)
That is the job of the Angels AS.

I just want to fight @Kiro with fire, or something. I want to fight and destroy castles.......... I want to beam condensed energy in plasma form and wage war...........

EgyptPrincess
05-12-2016, 05:21 PM
That is the job of the Angels AS.

I just want to fight @Kiro with fire, or something. I want to fight and destroy castles.......... I want to beam condensed energy in plasma form and wage war...........
lol Inshallah any dream will be granted :)

Muezzin
05-13-2016, 04:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
Allah promises he will fill hellfire up.

So is the size of hellfire comparable to Jannah?
Size matters not.

~ Sabr ~
05-13-2016, 04:22 PM
:salamext:

Its Size

Hell is huge and immensely deep. We know this through several ways.

First, innumerable people will enter Hell, each, as described in a hadeeth, with the molar teeth as large as Uhud (a mountain in Medina)[1] The distance between the shoulders of its inhabitants has also been described as being equivalent to three days of walking.[2] Hell will house all the unbelievers and sinners from the beginning of time and there will still be room for more. God says:

“On the Day when We will say to Hell: ‘Are you filled?’ It will say, ‘Are there any more (to come)?’” (Quran 50:30)

The Fire of Hell is likened to a mill that grinds thousands and thousands of tons of grain and then waits for more to come.

Second, a stone thrown from the top of Hell will take a very long time to reach the bottom. One of the companions of the Prophet, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, describes how they were sitting with the Prophet and heard the sound of something falling. The Prophet inquired if they knew what it was. When they expressed their lack of knowledge, he said:
That was a stone thrown into Hell 70 years ago and it is yet in the way (the other side) of Hell until now.”[3]

Another report states:

“If a stone as big as seven pregnant camels was thrown from the edge of Hell, it would fly through it for seventy years, and yet it would not reach the bottom.”[4]

Third, a great many angels will bring Hell on the Day of Resurrection. God speaks of it:

“And Hell will be brought near that Day…” (Quran 89:23)

The Prophet :saws: said:

Hell will be brought forth that Day by means of seventy thousand ropes, each of which will be held by seventy thousand angels.”[5]

Fourth, another report that indicates the vast size of Hell is that the sun and moon will be rolled up in Hell on the Day of Resurrection.[6]

Footnotes:

[1] Saheeh Muslim
[2] Saheeh Muslim
[3] Mishkat
[4] Sahih al-Jami’
[5] Saheeh Muslim
[6] Tahawi in Mushkal al-Aathaar, Bazzar, Baihaqi, and others.

Source: http://www.islamreligion.com/article...n-of-hellfire/

~ Sabr ~
05-13-2016, 04:23 PM
I just want to fight @Kiro with fire
Brother, there will either be fire or paradise?! :facepalm: :hiding:

Serinity
05-13-2016, 04:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by :: Desire ::
Brother, there will either be fire or paradise?! :facepalm: :hiding:
But I want Jannatul Fire in Jannah. :(

Muezzin
05-13-2016, 04:36 PM
But I want Jannatul Fire in Jannah. :(
Bit of the old pyromania, eh?

Serinity
05-13-2016, 04:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I like the thought of playing with fire, is that bad?

Kiro
05-13-2016, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I like black fire and be able to aim and designate it from my eyes

burn things within sight, eye powers ftw

Misbah0411
05-13-2016, 09:42 PM
It is not a good idea to be so flippant about the fire of Jahannam. It is as big as Allah Wills and may He protects us from that. Ameen.

OmAbdullah
05-14-2016, 09:54 PM
I like the thought of playing with fire, is that bad?

Can you play with the fire in this world? Remember that the Fire of Hell is much much hotter than the fire of this world!!! You are joking and are not taking it seriously. This may be due to unbelief in the existence of Hell.

If you are a true believer then start understanding the Holy Quraan to know about the severity of that Fire!!! Ignorance from the Holy Quraan can make a believer unserious.

Serinity
05-14-2016, 09:57 PM
Can you play with the fire in this world? Remember that the Fire of Hell is much much hotter than the fire of this world!!! You are joking and are not taking it seriously. This may be due to unbelief in the existence of Hell.

If you are a true believer then start understanding the Holy Quraan to know about the severity of that Fire!!! Ignorance from the Holy Quraan can make a believer unserious.
I could ask Allah SWT to make myself capable of touching fire, and using it... tho. I do believe in Hellfire, and I know it is very hot. But Allah SWT could make me immune to it, Like the Angels who punish, right?

May Allah SWT protect us from Hellfire. Ameen.

Kiro
05-14-2016, 09:59 PM

just in case, he means from within Jannah if Allah wills it.

Alpha Dude
05-14-2016, 10:02 PM
This is a very silly and pointless thread.

But, once you get to jannah in sha Allah, you can have whatever you wish which means (obviously) that you can ask for a fire that is as equally as powerful as the fire in jahanum and make your hands strong enough to withstand it.

So no need to explicitly request the fire of jahanum when you can have a reproduction that is as good as. In fact, I agree with the others above that you're being flippant and not taking the danger of jahannum seriously enough.

MuslimInshallah
05-16-2016, 01:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
This is a very silly and pointless thread.
Agree.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.