BilalKid
05-13-2016, 09:45 PM
18-19 hour fast

10pm iftar some country :heated:

we still fast or not?? ^o)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bhabha
05-13-2016, 09:49 PM
I remember my first Ramadan was when I was attending summer school and I was also working. [emoji39] just be hydrated and it'll all be fine !

Saleem Khan
05-13-2016, 09:54 PM
Yes, fast is still Fardh (mandatory).

Raptor
05-13-2016, 10:20 PM
Yes you still fast

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noraina
05-13-2016, 10:26 PM
Think of it as an honour that we have the opportunity to fast this long to express our love for Allah swt, :), for it truly is, every second we abstain from worldly pleasures is rewarded, so alhamdulillah the reward is great with these longer fasts.

For suhoor drink plenty of water, last year's fasts were almost 20 hours long in the UK, seriously it does not feel as bad as it may seem. May Allah swt make it easy for you and all of the believers to reap all the benefits and mercy of this blessed month. Ameen.

BeTheChange
05-13-2016, 10:26 PM
Alhamdulilah it is a real privilege to be blessed with the opportunity. Alhamdulilah.

The harder anything is the more rewards and if you are going to do something why not aim for the highest reward?

Why be content with the average when you can achieve and are capable of achieving so much more?

If only we allowed our minds to see the possibilities that we have.

I can't wait for ramadan Alhamdulilah.

May Allah swt accept our fasts and help us all to observe all the rules.

Guarding our tongues as well as our stomachs Ameen.

new2010
05-13-2016, 10:48 PM
Allahumma Ameen.

Brothers and sisters, lets use this month of Shaban to prepare for the holy month of Ramadan, inshaAllah. RasulAllah said that his ummah will avoid a time that is between the months of Rajab and Ramadan; this is Shaban. This month is a month where our deeds counts more than usual.

We can now prepare by fasting and straighten our Eemaan. When we have enough taqwa we'll be able to fast that period of time, with Allahs permission. We can straighten that by doing dhikr and pondering about the deen, or view lectures that reminds us to fundamental important things.

May Allah let us be of those who prepare in Shaban to be ready for Ramadan. Make He it easy for those who work under difficult working conditions. Allahumma Ameen.

keiv
05-14-2016, 12:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bhabha
I remember my first Ramadan was when I was attending summer school and I was also working. [emoji39] just be hydrated and it'll all be fine !
Sounds nice but, hydrating yourself in the morning can only get you so far. Working on roofs in the summer time and working around machinery with 150*F+ exhaust with the sun beating down on you ain't so easy. I barely made it last year. Inshallah it goes well this year too, for all of us. Unfortunately, getting older does not help imsad

strivingobserver98
05-14-2016, 01:20 AM
:sl:

"and fast, it is better for you, if only you knew" [al-Baqarah, 2:184]

See a short video with a lesson to learn:

"I am Fasting"

BilalKid
05-14-2016, 01:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bhabha
just be hydrated and it'll all be fine !
wen to drink?? ^o)

Hamza :)
05-14-2016, 02:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BilalKid
wen to drink?? ^o)
suhoor and iftaar

Bhabha
05-14-2016, 03:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by keiv
Sounds nice but, hydrating yourself in the morning can only get you so far. Working on roofs in the summer time and working around machinery with 150*F+ exhaust with the sun beating down on you ain't so easy. I barely made it last year. Inshallah it goes well this year too, for all of us. Unfortunately, getting older does not help imsad
Ouch :(

Yes, May Allah make it easier on you. Hopefully this summer isn't too bad.
You can eat fruits and vegetables that break down and provide you with nutrients throughout the day, such as cucumber, watermelon

Ridwaan Ravat
05-14-2016, 02:33 PM
Assalamualykum.

In Qur'aan we are instructed to fast irrespective of the hours. The greater the sacrifice the greater the reward. Put you trust in Allah, and Allah will make it easy for you. Remember to eat the suhoor(pre dawn meal) as in it is blessing.

Jazakallah khair

Request duaas

anatolian
05-14-2016, 03:09 PM
If it threatens your health you dont have to fast. You give fitra instead. Fitra is to feed someone for one day. May Allah make it easy for us everything in the Ramadhan.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.