/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What to wear to Mosque

eiliyah_faith
05-19-2016, 08:28 PM
I am going to mosque tomorrow for the first time. My Sis is lending me a hijab, but her abayas aren't in London. Only one for herself.

I have a long shirt I can wear, but no trousers. Only slim fitting jeans. I feel embarrassed to attend mosque like this.

Shall I wait until I have an abaya?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
_E_3
05-19-2016, 08:53 PM
they will understand thats its your first visit to the mosque

MuslimInshallah
05-19-2016, 08:56 PM
Assalaamu alaikum Eiliyah,

(smile) I'm guessing you don't have a long skirt...?

But perhaps you have a shorter skirt? You could perhaps wear a shorter loose skirt over your jeans? Or what about a pretty summer dress? You could wear a long-sleeved shirt and jeans, but with a summer dress over? What about your sister? Does she have any loose pants she could lend you? Or dresses? Or... (smile) Muslim women are not limited to just wearing abayas, you know. Just loose, comfortable and modest clothes (twinkle. I added the comfortable because, well, modest clothes often are more comfortable than the latest fashion, I find).

May Allah, the Light, Help us find creative solutions that Please Him.

eiliyah_faith
05-19-2016, 09:11 PM
My Sis only has a few clothes here, so nothing she can lend until she goes home to collect her things and come back again.

Everything I own is very tight fitting, I am ashamed to say.

I can't wait to get my first abaya so I don't have to worry any more.

Where I live sells lots of abayas, some have very pretty crystal patterns on them, but I read these do not follow the rules of hijab as they attract attention.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MuslimInshallah
05-19-2016, 09:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by eiliyah_faith

Where I live sells lots of abayas, some have very pretty crystal patterns on them, but I read these do not follow the rules of hijab as they attract attention.
Assalaamu alaikum Eiliyah,

(smile) This sounds like a good solution. Just get what you can, and you'll find out what your local mosque fashions are like tomorrow.

May Allah Bless you and your sister.

muslimah_B
05-20-2016, 12:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by eiliyah_faith
My Sis only has a few clothes here, so nothing she can lend until she goes home to collect her things and come back again.

Everything I own is very tight fitting, I am ashamed to say.

I can't wait to get my first abaya so I don't have to worry any more.

Asalam alaykum sis

If you have any long cardigans or maybe even a long jacket that may cover some of the jeans showing your shape or even one of those long jumper dresses over them is fine (if you have it)in sha Allah should be fine untill you can get your abayas.

Crystals on the abayas that is minimal is perfectly fine, as long as it is not over the top or flashy is fine alhamdulilah
Yes you can wear other things other than abaya/jilbab BUT they have to be loose, not tight or see-through or imitating the dis-believers or imitating the men(generally that is why most choose to wear abaya/jilbab as its just easier to make sure your wearing the correct clothing according to sharia.

Ofcourse if for financial difficulties or not knowing how to wear hijab properly, whatever you have untill then is permissable and fine alhamdulilah Allah is oft forgiving and most mercifull :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.