/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Forum under New Ownership

strivingobserver98
05-20-2016, 08:36 PM
:salam:

Hope your all well.

And in the best of health and emaan.

I'm sorry if this all seems so sudden. After much thought and deliberation, I have come to a major decision. :ia: I shall be retiring my position as forum administrator. I will be handing the forum over to @ibn-Adam who I'm sure will take care of it well :statisfie.

It's been a great honour and has been very fulfilling to have been the owner for the past 2 years, and I have made a number of developments to IB that I am very proud of. However, being the owner of a forum is no small task. Will need to focus more time on my other ventures, and I feel that the time has now come for me to move on.

Don't worry I will come on here time to time, to help out if needed (staff) and also share beneficial posts. So it's not like a leaving thread.

I enjoyed my 2 years here no doubt. Fun times, stressful times, happy times and enjoyable times :).

I love you all for the sake of Allah. I would take time to write about each member, but that would take ages :O. Every one who is reading each letter now, I recognize you and appreciate you. Would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for making it just that bit more amazing.

I definitely don't want to see this forum die, or have problems. If so I shall help out and come to the rescue! But I'm sure the new owner will be able to tackle them :ia:.

Forgive me if I have ever been harsh with you or blunt and any hurt feelings to anyone. Also to those whom I infracted/banned, remember I only had the betterment of the forum in mind.

May Allah :swt: accept all my efforts in order to make forum better. May Allah :swt: accept efforts of all the moderators across 10 years for dedicating time here.

Ameen.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Abed
05-20-2016, 08:44 PM
:wa:

That comes as a surprise, and without any doubt, not the happiest news that we'd like to hear.

I would like to say a big thank you for your strong commitment and cool disposition that you displayed on the forum, for only a person with strong character can do this.

You've been a great asset to the IB forums while being inter-active with members and the forum itself. I would like to thank you on behalf of all members,:jz:.

Also, may Allah swt accept your duas and grant you barakah in this life and akhirah, ameen.

Kiro
05-20-2016, 08:44 PM
wswrb

is it because the stress has been getting to you? :/

AabiruSabeel
05-20-2016, 08:46 PM
:wasalam:

@farhan :jz: for all the time and efforts you have put into the forum to make it lively and active. We really appreciate your efforts and we ask Allah :swt: to make them heavy on your scale of good deeds on the Day of Judgement. May Allah :swt: grant you the best of this world as well as the Hereafter.

We also ask Allah :swt: to help us in fulfilling the responsibility of handling this online Muslim community.

In need of all your Du'as.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
05-20-2016, 08:55 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

I think you couldn't have handed it to anyone better. May Allah reward you all for your efforts and may allah make this forum a beneficial place for all.

Bro Farhan I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision to make, but don't worry inshallah it will be well taken care of :) We all can put in the effort to improve it and keep it going strong inshallah.

ConcealedGem
05-20-2016, 08:55 PM
و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله

Allahuma ameen

Thanks for looking after the forum, may Allah reward you in abundance

in Sha Allah make dua for us all.

Hamza :)
05-20-2016, 08:57 PM
You will be missed definitely bro, your inputs always benefited everyone. We're in touch so not really going to miss u lol :shade:

Mazpop
05-20-2016, 08:58 PM
May Allah give u khayr in this world and reward your efforts. I hope you succeed in everything that you do and accomplish many good things.

I have not been long on here but your posts on IB has been exceptional. You have taught me many things in your posts and i have read many good things. You certaintly would not be forgotten.

May Allah give you good health and excell your good deeds. I wish you the best happiness.

Salam alaykum.

Bhabha
05-20-2016, 09:13 PM
But you'll be around still right!

noraina
05-20-2016, 09:14 PM
You have been an amazing admin here ma'sha'Allah, you will certainly be missed. I enjoyed reading your posts, definitely continue posting here. :)

May Allah swt reward you immensely for your efforts and continue to give you success upon success. Allahumma ameen.

Ridwaan Ravat
05-20-2016, 09:15 PM
Assalamualykum.

Indeed a very sad moment, but I guess that's life, we all have to move on.

Respected Brother Farhan, may Allah accept all your efforts and bless you in your future ventures. Aameen

BeTheChange
05-20-2016, 09:29 PM
Walaikumasalaam brother Farhan,

As our brothers & sisters have commented it has come as a shock, surprise and with much sadness.

You're a very valued member on this forum and you've always been so positive both in your attitude and bringing a positive change to the forum.

I hope we continue to see your contribution and posts on this forum.

Jazahka Allah for dedicating your time & energy on this forum.

May Allah swt reward you in abundance Ameen.

_E_3
05-20-2016, 09:48 PM
Brother sorry your leaving us
may Allah bless you and thank you for everything

Simply_Logical
05-20-2016, 10:59 PM

yea that does seem a bit sudden, whats the reason for leaving?

well whatever you decide to do, hope all goes well:ia:

strivingobserver98
05-21-2016, 01:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
is it because the stress has been getting to you? :/
Of course not :).

I can manage my time alhamdulilah. It may have been bit stressful at the very beginning, but with consistency you just get used to it ;).

Bhabha
05-21-2016, 01:29 AM
Current legislation and policies should not be changed under new administration! >_>; :phew

greenhill
05-21-2016, 03:38 AM
Things change and we need to evolve.

It is important to have the courage to implement the changes required. It is often the hardest thing to accomplish as it would mean letting go of something dear.

We tend to 'hoard' things, never wanting to lose anything we have acquired or gained throughout our lives. So, letting go of the 'baby' you have tried so hard to reshape will be emotionally taxing.

I am sure the members will take care of this place (with the help of the mods...

In the meantime, may Allah give you success in your other endeavours.

:peace:

sister herb
05-21-2016, 06:19 AM
Salam alaykum

What a surprise. We have really enjoyed this time but the best wishes to the new owner.

Muslim Woman
05-21-2016, 06:27 AM
:sl:

br farhan, may Allah accept all your good deeds and give you best rewards for the time , energy , money u spent for the forum . May these be means for you to enter Jannat , Ameen.

AabiruSabeel
05-21-2016, 07:16 AM
Don't worry brothers and sisters, farhan is not leaving the forum. He is just transferring the ownership.

The Forum will now be owned by a team of staff, most of whom were previously Super Mods and Admins here.

Everything will remain the same :ia:. There will only be improvements and whatever is in the best interests of the forum.

Bhabha
05-21-2016, 07:32 AM
Refuse to click the "like" button!!!! :exhausted

Scimitar
05-21-2016, 11:01 AM
Farhan, i've known you quite some time, known your calling to do something great too - and now, I see you growing beyond your years... what can I say except mashaAllah.

Stay in an admin/mod role here - you bought many positive changes to the forum. Your younger and fresher input is always going to be important enough for the old guard to take into consideration.

Scimi

s.ali123
05-21-2016, 11:48 AM
I have been here for only some time, but I think you have been doing great here. It's nice to see that you are moving on to other ventures :) May Allah safeguard and protect you Ameen :)

sister herb
05-21-2016, 12:00 PM

strivingobserver98
05-21-2016, 05:25 PM
:jz: for all your kind words and comments :statisfie.

Firstly to make it clear. No person, no incident and no scenario made me want to step down :). It was entirely my decision by my self, weighing out pros and cons and trusting Allah :swt:.

To introduce your new owner. I couldn't have chose a better person than him. @ibn-Adam when I saw his sincerity and devotion for the forum I was shocked. I can assure you he will look after this place well, and wants best for the Online Muslim Community.

He joined here on 2006, became trainee mod at 2009. Working up to Moderator, Super Moderator and eventually Admin at 2009. Even when he was jewel after March 2016, he still helped out the new trainee moderators and assisting with general technical problems :ma:.

His technical knowledge is vast, much greater than mine. So :ia: no problems will happen from technical side of things.

I hope some of my ideas, consistency and enthusiasm rub off to the new owner :D.

I'm a bit relaxed on my moderation style, the new owner will be more stricter.

This brother has been here from the very start, I'm sure you'll all love his presence :thumbsup:.

Bhabha
05-21-2016, 06:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb

Like when Rose Dawson in Titanic is calling out to the little boat leaving...

"come back.. come back...." :P

lonewolf007
05-21-2016, 07:21 PM
@farhan Wow talk about depression news :cry:

i I havnt been on here too long but your like our lil baby bro and you've brought so much to this place and made us newbies feel very welcome. This place is warm and I've grown attached to it but it shows great maturity on your part for making this decision, you'll always be in my duas and I pray Allah grants you sucess in both worlds Ameen.

Arfa
05-21-2016, 08:06 PM
Though I'm new member here but I definitely liked your posts and input.May Allah reward you for your good deeds with the best Aameen.Please do keep posting here

Uthman
05-21-2016, 08:59 PM
May Allah reward you for all the work you have put into this forum and may He bless all of your future endeavours. :)

Celebrimbor
05-22-2016, 06:02 AM
I thought I'd be more active here if time permits but I can't think anymore :facepalm:

Never expected this change :exhausted

Grave walker is not pleased.

noraina
05-22-2016, 09:32 AM
Feels strange seeing his name in blue instead of black. :o

sister herb
05-22-2016, 09:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Feels strange seeing his name in blue instead of black. :o
My the first thought was that now his name belongs to the ghosts of LI... :ermm:

*charisma*
05-22-2016, 12:30 PM
@farhan bro you're really milking this aren't you ;D Barely a day has went by and you're a Jewel already?? AND a ticker under your name?! Mashallah :D

You could have at least waited until everyone was situated into their roles :ermm: Look at all these sisters crying thinking you're a ghost.

noraina
05-22-2016, 12:36 PM
The light blue name does appear very ghostly tho :D, liked it's faded away.

waseemm1975
05-22-2016, 04:09 PM
May Allah accept all the work you have put into this form and may he make this a means for you to enter junnah.

In sha Allah @ibn-Adam will bring more khair in this forum. And make good use of its members.

As for brother @farhan we all have to move on in life, as we all are traveler. Leaving ib will give lots of free time which you in sha Allah can use to help the ummah further and will give you a bit more time to look for a zawuja.

Wsalam,
Waseem

Huzzy_786
05-22-2016, 04:15 PM
Allah create ease for you in all your endeavours and give you prosperity In Sha Allah.

strivingobserver98
05-22-2016, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by waseemm1975
will give you a bit more time to look for a zawuja.
:outta:

noraina
05-22-2016, 04:19 PM
Lol, does zawuja have two meanings or something? I can only think of one. :o :D

waseemm1975
05-22-2016, 04:24 PM
Chapter (33) sūrat l-aḥzāb (The Combined Forces)

Sahih International: O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves [part] of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be known and not be abused. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.

Al Mubeen
05-22-2016, 04:32 PM
Assalaamu Alaikkum Farhan,

May Allah bless you.

Asiyah3
05-22-2016, 04:49 PM
Jazakallahu khairan brother Farhan for making the forum beneficial and enjoyable for us members.

Khalid Saifullah
05-22-2016, 05:06 PM
I would like to express my disappointment and deep regret at the decision of my esteemed brother in Islam, Farhan, on exiting Islamic Board

Brother Farhan is a valuable member of the ummah who had the vision to engage different people on different types of topics affecting them. He ensured that the chat does not deviate and that it remains beneficial.

Allah never let's the reward of any good deed go in vain, so the next owner or moderator will only build on this legacy. I'm sure that this forum will continue to deliver great content.

Brother Farhan , may Allah reward u for all your efforts and may your future endeavours be a success - Ameen

hope4peace
05-22-2016, 05:31 PM
May Allah accept your duas and make you stronger. If you think this is the right choice then alhamdullilah.

~ Sabr ~
05-23-2016, 09:02 AM
:wasalamex

May Allaah :swt: give you the best in this world and the Aakhirah, and may we (LI/IB members) all meet in Jannah, Ameen.

Samiun
05-23-2016, 01:16 PM

Not sure if those who liked actually are happy to see you leave or want you to stay..? :D :hiding: ;D

All the best bro!

In all seriousness(wut), I think you have done a pretty decent job considering you had something else to work on in real life and the challenges you were facing and at the same time your managing a very big forum such as this one while only still being young. That's just awesome.

LaSorcia
05-23-2016, 08:30 PM
Farhan, sorry to see you go and thank you for all you did for the boards.
You will be in my thoughts and prayers as well.
May Allah bless you in all your endeavours, and may you be the best Muslim you can be in all your life's circumstances!

Saleem Khan
05-23-2016, 08:43 PM
JazakAllah khair brother farhan for your great service of Deen. May Allah Ta'ala accept it and continue to accept your future efforts for his deen. Ameen

MidnightRose
05-23-2016, 08:47 PM
I'm at a loss for words with this and I'm not really good at goodbyes. Thankfully, it seems that – despite his stepping down – brother Farhan will still be around. That’s good news and I certainly hope this is the case.

Brother @farhan , I want to thank you for everything and may Allah reward you with khair for your efforts and enter you into Jannah without reckoning. Ameen.

Smoke
05-23-2016, 10:04 PM
Hmmm

Alpha Dude
05-23-2016, 10:07 PM
Not sure if those who liked actually are happy to see you leave or want you to stay..? :D:hiding:;D
:hmm:

eesa the kiwi
05-23-2016, 10:36 PM
i know you are leaving the adminstration role but i hope you will still pop in from time to time and still contribute
jazak allah khair for the effort you have put in too
May Allah keep you safe and rectify your affairs in both the worlds and help you tread the paths to paradise
asalamu alaikum rahmatulah wa barakatu

T L
05-23-2016, 11:00 PM
Assalaamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

It's really sad to hear that akhi, I know that in every effort for this forum you have tried your utmost, and all with the greatest of intentions. I don't think many of us understand the responsibility Farhan has shouldered, and the amount of work it has taken to maintain IB. And for that dear brother, JazakAllah Khair. May Allah reward you for your compassion and dedication for this Ummah, and may He grant you something better in its place, Ameen.

You're a beloved brother to us, I know you're still sticking around and will still be involved, but when recognition is due, recognition needs to be given. You have done an amazing job akhi and I sincerely pray that Allah Azza wa Jal grants you success in all your ventures, grants you success in this life, and in the Hereafter, Ameen.

~ your sister in deen, Eru

:)

Saqib Zaid
05-24-2016, 02:08 AM
May allah accept your efforts and make it a light for you on the final day

Anokha
05-24-2016, 03:41 AM
Wa alaikum assalam
I don't know you. But, It's Ok. Safe journey. Be Blessed

ZeeshanParvez
05-24-2016, 01:22 PM
Well, that is sad.

But with you gone, so am I! See ya all!

Cuz their can be no mod like you.

strivingobserver98
05-24-2016, 01:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ZeeshanParvez
But with you gone, so am I! See ya all!
I'll still be here posting from time to time.

Please do stay and benefit here :ia: :).

:jz: for your kind words.

Souljette
05-24-2016, 03:50 PM
Asalamualaykum I disappear for couple of days from IB and someone plans on leaving.. But still your not leaving so alhamdulillah

strivingobserver98
05-25-2016, 07:56 PM

Finally a new black name appears... :O
@ibn-Adam

*charisma*
05-25-2016, 07:59 PM
@ibn-Adam 's color is definitely red, his name looks weird in black..well I guess we'll get used to it :D Mabrook on the position!

Umm Abed
05-25-2016, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan

Finally a new black name appears... :O
@ibn-Adam

His name just turned greyish-brown now:o

*charisma*
05-25-2016, 08:09 PM
I think that implies he's on mobile? Maybe he's trying to figure out his color..why are we even stalking him?? :omg:

strivingobserver98
05-25-2016, 08:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
I think that implies he's on mobile? Maybe he's trying to figure out his color..why are we even stalking him?? :omg:
There you have your answer ;): http://www.islamicboard.com/news-and...continues.html

*charisma*
05-25-2016, 08:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed

His name just turned greyish-brown now:o
It's GOLD :D May Allah adorn him with it in Jannah.

Edit: or bronze.

Aaqib
05-31-2016, 01:11 AM
Thanks for all the work you've done here Farhan. Hope to see you Insha'Allah

'Abd-al Latif
06-02-2016, 10:51 PM
Bro it's been a week since you posted this and I have to say I'm quite disappointed. No farewell dinner? No snacks and treats to celebrate your time as the head? Ramadan is just around the corner and it looks like there won't be a party.

Gutted.

talibilm
06-03-2016, 09:26 AM

Though I am new to the Forum bro Farhan was warm and caretaking which made me feel this forum was special and cared for the Members and their issues. Hope & wish that's continued by our New Owners and feel confident Bro Farhan would have taken decision ONLY in the interest of the Muslim ummah.

Jazkallah khair Bro Farhan.

Linkdeutscher
06-17-2016, 07:17 PM
:( ,,,,,,

Scimitar
06-20-2016, 05:37 AM
what you crying about? the internet? :D pfft.

Scimi

LifeIsAHighway
07-16-2016, 04:09 AM
AWH SNAP! :hmm:

Akhi_Umar
07-17-2016, 09:51 PM

Haven't been here for more than a week lol.

You seem like a nice admin.

Kiro
07-17-2016, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Akhi_Umar

Haven't been here for more than a week lol.

You seem like a nice admin.
probably

Akhi_Umar
07-17-2016, 10:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
probably
Kiro... The one from UF?

We meet again then lol :)

Kiro
07-17-2016, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Akhi_Umar
Kiro... The one from UF?

We meet again then lol :)
Junaid, I'm not Kiro from UK, I'm just Kiro. :p

Aaqib
07-17-2016, 11:15 PM
^You mean "UF", not "UK"? :P

madihakhan
07-18-2016, 05:29 AM
I am a new member here so I don't know about you , but one thing I know which is obvious being an administrator is not an easy job , you have to take care of many things from users to threads and posts, moderating them , correcting the information which users are sharing because we are here to discuss Islam so we cannot make any mistakes , there are no errors in Quran so when we share informaion we cannot bear any kind of errors in it .. may Allah bless you for doing a wonderful job and may you get success in your future , Amen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.