/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you like the new style?

AabiruSabeel
05-28-2016, 06:30 PM
:sl:

We have modified the homepage style to make it look less cluttered and give more emphasis to threads instead of section names. Please check the new design by selecting style "IslamicBoard-2" from the drop-down menu at the bottom.

We are looking for your suggestions to improve it further :ia:.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
05-28-2016, 08:16 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Love it :D jazak allahu khair

Maybe make a poll, it'll be easier to get feedback.

Aisha
05-28-2016, 08:19 PM
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

Love it MashaAllah, looks much better! (",)

sister herb
05-28-2016, 08:21 PM
Nice one but my old eyes are used to the old style.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Serinity
05-28-2016, 08:28 PM
:salam:

Looks almost the same, but a bit cleaner. But there is room for improvement, as always, In shaa' Allah. And Allah SWT knows best.

*charisma*
05-28-2016, 08:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity

Looks almost the same, but a bit cleaner. But there is room for improvement, as always, In shaa' Allah. And Allah SWT knows best.
What do you suggest to do differently to make it better? :)

@ibn-Adam Is it possible to do other colors (if its not too much trouble)? Or is it that the green part of the "brand"

'Abd-al Latif
05-28-2016, 08:44 PM
Just spotted a bug in the system.

I was checking out the different themes and I clicked on 'mobile theme'. I can't get out of the mobile theme now but I have to say it runs the smoothest in comparison to all the other themes. More clean up of clutter needed?

EDIT

Just saw the 'full site' link and I can see the full forum now. It wasn't that obvious because it doesn't stand out and it's not in the same location as the drop down menu. It's a small inconvenience but an inconvenience nevertheless.

Serinity
05-28-2016, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
What do you suggest to do differently to make it better? :)

@ibn-Adam Is it possible to do other colors (if its not too much trouble)? Or is it that the green part of the "brand"
Sure,

I noticed in the section names, the text is a bit cluttered, it needs to be edited. I may sound picky, if so, forgive me, but here goes. do you notice in the "Title" column, the one named "Importance & Etiquettes of seeking knowledge"

Doesn't it seem a bit off?

*charisma*
05-28-2016, 09:05 PM
I noticed in the section names, the text is a bit cluttered, it needs to be edited. I may sound picky, if so, forgive me, but here goes. do you notice in the "Title" column, the one named "Importance & Etiquettes of seeking knowledge"
For Islamicboard #2?? It looks ok to me, just longer than the other titles :P..was there anything else other than that?

AabiruSabeel
05-28-2016, 09:52 PM

:wasalam:

Yes, it is the same style, modified for a little better look.

Please post your suggestions for improvements.

It would be better if you can post screenshots to indicate which part needs some finishing.

It is easy to change colours but we kept Green as IB brand. It can be changed, or at least, we can give different shades.

If you are looking for entirely different colour scheme, then we can duplicate the current style with new colours. What do you suggest?

*charisma*
05-28-2016, 10:00 PM
I'm into dark shades with pops of color..like these:

I also think a shades of blue with pops of yellow for the ramadan one would look rly nice..

What do you think?

strivingobserver98
05-28-2016, 10:20 PM
I'm into dark shades with pops of color..like these:
This is the pink version of the current theme on IB.

Looks so girly lol, this would make a good second theme for sisters to use [emoji4].

*charisma*
05-28-2016, 10:29 PM
I don't like it :omg:

So are there only specific colors that this theme can have?

AabiruSabeel
05-28-2016, 10:31 PM
No, that is just one option. We can have all sorts of colours.

strivingobserver98
05-28-2016, 10:33 PM
I don't like it :omg:

Yes these ones..

*charisma*
05-28-2016, 10:34 PM
Surprise us @ibn-Adam :D

I'd like to just get rid of the white/light areas because it's straining on the eyes loool esp at night. And the vibrant colors added to a dark background would just make it :shade::shade:

AabiruSabeel
05-29-2016, 03:39 PM
Surprise us @ibn-Adam :D

I'd like to just get rid of the white/light areas because it's straining on the eyes loool esp at night. And the vibrant colors added to a dark background would just make it :shade::shade:
Can you take a screenshot of the homepage and fill it with suitable colours using Paint, and post it here? We can then try adding same colours here.

Umm Abed
05-30-2016, 09:15 AM
I like the highlighted OP threads.

...And its better that the Reception section stays on top;)

AabiruSabeel
06-03-2016, 11:19 AM

There's an update! ... Wait, there are two updates!

The homepage is now completely revamped to display Latest Posts search result, and forum categories are shown on the left side.

Featured Threads are shown at the top on the homepage as a slideshow. If you find any good thread that can be featured, send us a link and we will consider it :ia:

How do you like them?

EgyptPrincess
06-03-2016, 11:48 AM
Please stop messing with the settings. I cannot get out of the "search" page and even just going to IslamicBoard homepage redirects me to the search page... why do people insist on changing perfectly functioning things lol.

Just change it back to how it was please :D

EgyptPrincess
06-03-2016, 11:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ibn-Adam

There's an update! ... Wait, there are two updates!

The homepage is not completely revamped to display Latest Posts search result, and forum categories are shown on the left side.

Featured Threads are shown at the top on the homepage as a slideshow. If you find any good thread that can be featured, send us a link and we will consider it :ia:

How do you like them?

https://i.gyazo.com/dcd90a4cff42dac5...7a1729f089.png

As you can see the search page is overlapping onto all the other pages so I can't actually view them...

Samiun
06-03-2016, 11:54 AM
Change it back! :( :heated::heated::nervous::nervous::embarrass

AabiruSabeel
06-03-2016, 11:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by EgyptPrincess

As you can see the search page is overlapping onto all the other pages so I can't actually view them...

Oh sorry for the confusion. We have reverted it back now.

noraina
06-03-2016, 11:57 AM
Wa alaykum assalam,

I quite like the featured threads slideshow...but I overall preferred the layout of the old homepage. It's quick to navigate and easier on the eyes.

eta: it's back to normal now :D, so ignore that.

strivingobserver98
06-03-2016, 12:14 PM
Old homepage the best [emoji736][emoji817].

PS: Section text fonts would be better bigger.

EgyptPrincess
06-03-2016, 12:16 PM
Oh sorry for the confusion. We have reverted it back now.
It's fixed now. Thank you Ibn-Adam

AabiruSabeel
06-03-2016, 12:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by EgyptPrincess

The problem is now fixed.

format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
Old homepage the best [emoji736][emoji817].

PS: Section text fonts would be better bigger.
We were planning to make www.islamicboard.com/home.php as the new Homepage.

It is better in terms of activity. Forum categories are secondary in today's world. They are more likely replaced by tags.

strivingobserver98
06-03-2016, 01:46 PM
When guests try to refresh twice

This forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between searches. Please try again in 9 seconds.
Lower limit perhaps?

:jz:

sister herb
06-03-2016, 02:25 PM
This is confusing. When I click Forum, I get Search - New posts. :heated: It takes time to feel this looks familiar. Now it looks like I would come totally new, strange forum.

:hiding: I want old back - I am old-fashion IB Oldtimer!

Umm Abed
06-03-2016, 03:34 PM
So the forum has a new look now, as sister herb said?

Its looking so different now, goto get used to it:omg:

sister herb
06-03-2016, 04:01 PM
Forum categories are secondary in today's world.
Says who? :ermm:

AabiruSabeel
06-03-2016, 04:55 PM
With frequent divergence and convergence of discussion, sometimes topics are found to be suitable to be placed in more than one category. For this reason, most of the newer forum softwares employ category tags, allowing threads to be tagged with multiple categories.

With the new layout, members do not have to wait for the forum to load and then search for their topic of interest. They can directly jump to latest discussions and start participating.

If they want to look particularly for something, they can always click on the category from sidebar.

sister herb
06-03-2016, 05:08 PM
I still think that it would to be more clear if here is normal front page for forum. Now when people open this, they wonder why they jumped middle of some "search".

*ok, I stop ranting*

~ Sabr ~
06-03-2016, 05:15 PM
:salamext:

OMG ewwww! Please give option to revert back to old style, as this is not nice. IB and IB 2 nothing is reverting back to the old style. Please sort!

BeTheChange
06-03-2016, 05:19 PM
Asalamualykum,

With the greatest respect to everyone am a bit lost on the 'homepage'.

Why does it display the different threads underneath the featured threads?

I love the featured threads idea though Jazahka Allah.

sister herb
06-03-2016, 06:07 PM
WOW! Thanks! Now it looks like home again!

:statisfie

IAKMuhammad
06-14-2016, 10:06 AM
:salam: Masha Allah, the new style look's great.

JazakAllah Khair

Hamza :)
06-15-2016, 12:07 PM
@ibn-Adam akhi can we have the old 'latest posts' layout? It looked better

AabiruSabeel
06-15-2016, 10:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza :)
@ibn-Adam akhi can we have the old 'latest posts' layout? It looked better
Do you mean, without the left column?

We are actually working on the theme to make it responsive, ie it should adapt automatically to screen size and re-adjust itself.

Hamza :)
06-16-2016, 02:15 AM
Do you mean, without the left column?

We are actually working on the theme to make it responsive, ie it should adapt automatically to screen size and re-adjust itself.
Yes that

Alhamdulillah good to know :)

Scimitar
06-19-2016, 02:03 PM
straight outta darul fuzool :D (do I like the new style lol)

I liked the old one from five years back.

AabiruSabeel
06-19-2016, 03:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Timi Scar
straight outta darul fuzool :D (do I like the new style lol)

I liked the old one from five years back.
Do you mean this one? http://www.vbstyles.com/element-4x-v...-theme-i1.html
It is not responsive.

Scimitar
06-19-2016, 05:04 PM
I think i joined after that one was up - i'm just a sucker for nostalgia (ignore me lol)

AabiruSabeel
06-19-2016, 05:29 PM
There are two responsive themes available for purchase for our version of vBulletin:

http://demo.themecrate.com/forum.php?styleid=15

https://sultantheme.com/vb4forum/forum.php?styleid=11

Should we get one of them?

sister herb
06-19-2016, 06:05 PM
Why admins always want to change style? This one right now looks perfect. Why to change? At one day here might come another admin who again wants to change it... and then the next...

:ermm:

Scimitar
06-19-2016, 06:05 PM
the first one is nicer, here is my reason why.

It's clean and uncluttered - there is nothing worse than visiting a cluttered forum which gives me more options than I know what to do with.

Pulling out all the bells and whistles is counter productive and in my honest opinion, makes forums look like a mess.

I used to be a member of VC (until he banned me for being too influential lol) but check out how clean that forum is: http://vigilantcitizen.com/forums/index.php

If Islamicboard could be simplified like this, it would be awesome.

We don't need all this extra rep nonsense - a simple "like" is good enough.

Scimi

EDIT: Islam is simple, and this forum makes it seem complicated for new Muslims imo - the beauty of Islam is in its simplicity, we should reflect that in our forum.

greenhill
06-22-2016, 05:37 PM
In my relatively short time here, this forum has gone through small changes here and there and I just get on with it. Just get use to it kind of thing.

I thought I'd vote but there was none for what I would have ticked so I just ticked on the one I know will happen, new 'improvements' as it won't stay static for very long.. ;D

:peace:

Added subsequently.

I think the reps are fine. It's part of IB already. The rules of spreading it is IB's unique rule. Makes it interesting. So as I browse, the feeling to like or give rep points is spontaneous, my reaction at that time of reading. Usually it is the effort I see put in or the concern I sense that ignites something in me.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.