/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it haram to talk to a girl casually over skype?

Mustafa16
06-01-2016, 10:56 PM
I am 17, and I have a female friend who is 13.....I tried adding her on skype, and am waiting for a reply....would talking to her over skype be haram?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
06-01-2016, 11:18 PM
Assalamu alaikum

What do you think? :)

Mustafa16
06-01-2016, 11:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu alaikum

What do you think? :)
my guess is that youre going to say it's haram

*charisma*
06-01-2016, 11:47 PM
Why do you think that? :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
EgyptPrincess
06-01-2016, 11:50 PM
Even if it's not haram should you really be chatting to a girl so young? What possible reason could you have?

Sakina'141
06-01-2016, 11:57 PM
:sl:

Yes, its not Islamically acceptable. Putting Islam aside, logically thinking, what is the purpose of this interaction with this girl? Are you looking for a friend? A Girlfriend? or a wife?

If ur looking for a friend to talk too...then there are plenty of boys around you (in school, mosque) who you can befriend and pass time with but make sure you choose your friends wisely - someone with good character and morals.

If ur looking for girlfriend...then as u know that is strictly HARAM and u should know that boy-girl "friendships" always have a risk of turning into something else so my advise is to not to gamble with ur heart and put it at risk of getting heart broken and end up commiting a major sin in the process as well...save ur heart from all the heartache is my advise.

If ur looking for a wife, are you ready? u r only 17...are u able to provide for a wife etc. If u r and have good family support then u have to go about finding/appraoching a girl in the right way. And chose a girl who will be a good mother to ur kids one day so someone with good morals, religious and sense of haya might be good. PLUS you cannot marry a underage girl and you probably shouldn't be befriending one either for legal purposes.

Hope this helps, sorry if it doesn't...please forgive me if I was harsh in anyway...totally unintensional.

Edit: when I said a girl...I meant a woman...I was imagining both over 17.

Umm Malik
06-02-2016, 12:08 AM
I agree with you sister
format_quote Originally Posted by Sakina01
:sl:

Yes, its not Islamically acceptable. Putting Islam aside, logically thinking, what is the purpose of this interaction with this girl? Are you looking for a friend? A Girlfriend? or a wife?

If ur looking for a friend to talk too...then there are plenty of boys around you (in school, mosque) who you can befriend and pass time with but make sure you choose your friends wisely - someone with good character and morals.

If ur looking for girlfriend...then as u know that is HARAM and u should know that boy-girl "friendships" always have a risk of turning into something else so my advise is to not to gamble with ur heart and put it at risk of getting heart broken and end up commiting a sin in the process as well...save ur heart from all the heartache is my advise.

If ur looking for a wife, are you ready? u r only 17...are u able to provide for a wife etc. If u r and have good family support then u have to go about finding/appraoching a girl in the right way. And chose a girl who will be a good mother to ur kids one day so someone with good morals, religious and sense of haya might be good. PLUS you cannot marry a underage girl and you probably shouldn't be befriending one either for legal purposes.

Hope this helps, sorry if it doesn't...please forgive me if I was harsh in anyway...totally unintensional.

Yes it will be haram .. avoid this thing for the sake of Allah and don't let yourself to shaytan
Ramadan is near .. and try to close all the doors which make you connect with her
Because shaytan will take you step by step and the prophet muhammad pace be upon him said : "No man is privately alone with a woman; but their third is Satan" [Reported by At-Tirmidhi and authenticated by Al-Albani];

«لا يخلون رجل بامرأة إلا كان ثالثهما الشيطان»رواه الترمذي وصححه الألباني
And Allah says : ( 168 ) O mankind, eat from whatever is on earth [that is] lawful and good and do not follow the footsteps of Satan. Indeed, he is to you a clear enemy.
So Allah tell us to Don't do any thing which can make us near to the haram things
because shaytan won't tell us do this haram . but he try to take us step by step until he cover our eyes for seeing the truth and the thing we see shameless now we see it normal after a time
You know paradise surrounding by the hard things but it worthy .. and fire is surrounding by temptations
so Try to make yourself busy by a lot of goals and to be a servent of Allah by serving his slaves
And keep the righteous friends beside you
Thanks for trusting us and asking us
may Allah keeping you in his right path ameen

Mustafa16
06-02-2016, 01:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by EgyptPrincess
Even if it's not haram should you really be chatting to a girl so young? What possible reason could you have?
my reason would be friendship, and later, when she gets older, marriage.....but I realize now that that would be haram (to be casual friends).

Mustafa16
06-02-2016, 01:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Why do you think that? :)
because it would lead to zina

Cpt.America
06-02-2016, 02:29 AM
It's haram bro.

You have feels for her, so you know this 'friendship' isn't really platonic, no matter how you might try to justify it to yourself, so yknow...

definitely not halal.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.