/* */

PDA

View Full Version : IslamicBoard + Ummah forum = UmmahBoard

strivingobserver98
06-02-2016, 09:24 PM
:sl:

A friend of mine asked me for some help on a forum. Looks interesting lol. Did not expect them making this..

It's called UmmahBoard.com

Might be worth checking out ;).

Personally I've got other things to focus on, so won't be joining there. Hope it goes well for them :ia: :).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
06-02-2016, 09:29 PM
:wasalam:

Did someone steal my idea? :unsure: I was planning to do exactly that and build a website that displays combined posts and threads from all major Muslim forums.

If it pulls content from existing forums, then it is a good idea. Will not be suitable as a new independent forum.

*charisma*
06-02-2016, 09:34 PM
Walaikum asalaam

I haven't been a part of any other forums after joining LI/IB. "Don't fix it if it aint broke" is my motto :D

But it does look eerily close to IB, just less busy.

strivingobserver98
06-02-2016, 09:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ibn-Adam
If it pulls content from existing forums, then it is a good idea.
To get new content updates via RSS feed is good. Maybe each forum can put it :O.

A whole conjoined forum would be interesting, ask @-S- sajid ;).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aisha
06-02-2016, 10:11 PM
Looks like IslamicBoard's less awesome cousin. :skeleton:

strivingobserver98
06-02-2016, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
Looks like IslamicBoard's less awesome cousin. :skeleton:
You mean Long lost cousin :hiding:

Cpt.America
06-03-2016, 03:12 AM
This looks exactly like Ummahforum

Serinity
06-03-2016, 04:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cpt.America
This looks exactly like Ummahforum
Exactly, they should make a mix of Islamicboard's style and Ummah Forum's style.

Colour: Green + blue = Cyan ( from what I searched ) let green dominate blue, as green is a combination of yellow and blue ( from a google search )

Umm Abed
06-03-2016, 08:02 AM
Is this a new forum?

It does look like Ummah forum, with a hint of IB.

Where's the famous handshake pic?;)

noraina
06-03-2016, 09:07 AM
Ummahboard - hmmmm interesting name choice.

It looks almost exactly like Ummah Forum to me, perhaps with a touch of IB. Is it meant to be UF and IB combined? Bringing the feuding members together ;)?

We'll see how it goes inshaAllah, the only forum I'm active on is IB, ma'sha'Allah love the warm atmosphere here which I am yet to see (or feel :D) on any other forum, Islamic or not.

BeTheChange
06-03-2016, 05:56 PM
Walaikumasalaam,

I think the owners should come together.

I don't see a need for another Muslim forum unless the new board offers something the existing boards do not offer…

UmmahBoard
06-03-2016, 10:03 PM
السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ

please brothers and sisters take the time to visit

UmmahBoard.com

BeTheChange
06-03-2016, 10:08 PM
Walaikumasalaam,

Thread merged dearest brother.

Jazahka Allah.

UmmahBoard
06-03-2016, 10:16 PM
JazzakhAllah Khair

eesa the kiwi
06-06-2016, 09:33 PM
is the site down?
i keep ggetting a error message when i try to access it
is it working for anyone else?

Scimitar
06-06-2016, 09:46 PM
Ummahforum is pointless.

I don't get it. I don;t think any justification of it will suffice either.

Scimi

Umm Abed
06-07-2016, 08:47 AM
Its up again, Eesa.

Why is it pointless, @sci mi?

sister herb
06-07-2016, 02:03 PM
Ooooo! There seems to be own section for food recipes. :p

(But if I want food recipes, I can join to the food forum anyways.)

;D

Scimitar
06-07-2016, 02:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Its up again, Eesa.

Why is it pointless, @scimi?
I thought that part was obvious.

Why would I goto this new forum when I already know both of them?

And before you come back with "new people can find this forum" they can't - whenever anyone searches for islamic forums - this and ummah come up first, and the new one will be on like - page 9 in search engines. Unless someone wants to pay google for adwords - which is a waste of money just to get people to join a new forum when these two already well established ones come up trumps in searches and are way more populated with members...

...Didn't the forum owner consider these things?

Why do I have to explain myself? can't you think for yourself?

If the forum owner wanted to pool all topics into one forum, maybe he should approach the owners of both forums and consider a merge?

Or how about a simple blog where the best topics are listed instead?

Forum is for discsussion - when people join the new forum, they are not joining the other two already established ones - so when they make a post in the new forum - replying to a member from another forum, guess what? it's like winking at a girl in the dark - you know what you are doing but the message is not getting through lol

BRAINS PEOPLE - GROW BRAINS

Scimi

Umm Abed
06-07-2016, 06:26 PM
Well the forum is still new, @sci mi. I suppose with time itl get popular and feature upfront in search engines.

It looks like the new forum owner wanted his own forum so wouldnt be interested in merging, lol, but Im confused as to why it does look like both of the old forums so there could possibly be a reason for that??

It would be nice if they outlined the goals and objectives of that forum so we know with what vision it was created in the first place.

Scimitar
06-07-2016, 06:34 PM
Well the forum is still new, @scimi. I suppose with time itl get popular and feature upfront in search engines.
:D

Sure... lol

It looks like the new forum owner...
....didn't think this through at all :D seriously, but yeah, you can make excuses for him, guesstimating about someone you don't know - or - you can look at the dynamic and realise there isn't one :D

It would be nice if they outlined the goals and objectives of that forum so we know with what vision it was created in the first place.
It would be nice to not have to explain simple things in forums like this.

Scimi

Umm Abed
06-07-2016, 06:43 PM
Oh right,.. yeah well, I want to know why the new forum was created, especially since it looks like a merged version of both, so there seems to be an underlying reason,..dont you think? So an explanation would be in order.

Besides all this, Im not making mere excuses for someone, its just looking objectively at the whole situation.

:?

sister herb
06-07-2016, 06:52 PM
If the new forum owner just only wanted his own forum, it would to be better also to start with new, fresh idea, not to copy old ones. Copy is always only a copy.

But hey why not? I will create my own forum, be it´s admin and can kick out anyone I dislike... Wait a minute, I have already done it - many times. ;D

Umm Abed
06-07-2016, 06:55 PM
Yes, @sister herb , and since its a copy kind of one, I want an explanation for it, what is their objectives and whats it all about.

Btw, your name is green now:D

Scimitar
06-07-2016, 07:00 PM
Yes, @sister herb, and since its a copy kind of one, I want an explanation for it, what is their objectives and whats it all about.

Btw, your name is green now:D
This reminds me of a dog barking at a tree. The tree is deaf. :D

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.