/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muhammad and Jesus are brothers? (PBUT)

Scimitar
06-09-2016, 12:01 AM
In the name of God, the Most Beneficent, Entirely Merciful

Often I have come across the argument from people of spiritual sickness that Jesus is better than Muhammad or vice versa - arguments from both sides.

Christians have claimed Jesus (pbuh) is better than Muhammad (pbuh)
Muslims have claimed Muhammad (pbuh) is better than Jesus (pbuh)

Well, I got news for you spiritually blind people who do not read.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 55, Number 651:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "I am the nearest of all the people to the son of Mary, and all the prophets are paternal brothers, and there has been no prophet between me and him (i.e. Jesus)."

Volume 4, Book 55, Number 652:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Both in this world and in the Hereafter, I am the nearest of all the people to Jesus, the son of Mary. The prophets are paternal brothers; their mothers are different, but their religion is one."

Sahih Muslim Book 030, Number 5834:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (pbuh) as saying: I am most akin to the son of Mary among the whole of mankind and the Prophets are of different mothers, but of one religion, and no Prophet was raised between me and him (Jesus Christ).

Book 030, Number 5835:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (pbuh) as saying: I am most akin to Jesus Christ among the whole of mankind, and all the Prophets are of different mothers but belong to one religion and no Prophet was raised between me and Jesus.

Book 030, Number 5836:

Abu Huraira reported many ahadith from Allah's Messenger (pbuh) and one is that Allah's Messenger (pbuh) said: I am most close to Jesus, son of Mary, among the whole of mankind in this worldly life and the next life. They said: Allah's Messenger how is it? Thereupon he said: Prophets are brothers in faith, having different mothers. Their religion is, however, one and there is no Apostle between us (between I and Jesus Christ).

On many versions of VC, the trend of comparing Jesus and Muhammad (peace be upon them both) has been something which made me wonder at the motivations of those who would seek to do such a thing. Muslims love and revere Jesus as one of God's greatest messengers to mankind, just as we love and revere the Prophet Muhammad, may peace be upon them both.

The Prophet Muhammad sought to erase any distinctions between the message he taught and that taught by Jesus, whom he called God's spirit and word.

Prophet Muhammad said: "Both in this world and in the Hereafter, I am the nearest of all people to Jesus, the son of Mary. The prophets are paternal brothers; their mothers are different, but their religion is one." as we can see in the ahadeeth referenced above.

Have you ever read this verse as a Christian or Muslim?

"Behold! The angels said: 'O Mary! God gives thee glad tidings of a Word from Him. His name will be Jesus Christ, the son of Mary, held in honor in this world and the Hereafter and in (the company of) those nearest to God.'"

This is not from the New Testament. It is in the Qur'an, chapter 3 verse 45.

The Qur'an also mentions that Jesus was strengthened with the "Holy Spirit" (2:87) and is a "sign for the whole world." (21:91) His virgin birth was confirmed when Mary is quoted as asking: "How can I have a son when no man has ever touched me?" (3:47) An entire chapter of the Qur'an (Chapter 19) is named after Jesus' mother Mary, "Maryam" in the Arabic of the Qur'an.

The Quran shows Jesus speaking from the cradle and, with God's permission, curing lepers and the blind. (5:110) God also states in the Quran: "We gave (Jesus) the Gospel and put compassion and mercy into the hearts of his followers."(57:27)

Muslims believe Jesus will return to earth in the last days before the final judgment. Disrespect toward Jesus is very offensive to Muslims, as it would be to Christians. However, rare it is to find a Christians who takes offence at disrespect towards Muhammad and more often than not I find it is the Christians who do so.

Jesus and Muhammad taught peace, love and forgiveness. The message of love, peace and forgiveness taught by Jesus and Muhammad, and accepted by both Christians and Muslims, can serve as a unifying force in a troubled world.

It is the same message of unity expressed by another verse in the Qur'an:

"Say ye: 'We believe in God and the revelation given to us and to Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and it is unto Him that we surrender ourselves.'" (2:136)

Muslims make no distinction between the Prophets and Messengers of God - each of them are brothers to one another, as we are told VERY CLEARLY in the Qur'an (2:136) and in the Ahadeeth (multiple sources authenticated).

Which of you would like to stand before God on the day of judgement and inform Him of what He told you not? Which of you will say "Jesus is better" or "Muhammad is better" on that day when you will have no recollection of ever having met these men? What will you say when you are asked by which authority you came to such erroneous conclusions? Do you not fear God? Don't entertain the doubtful narratives of the devils.

From Adam to Muhammad (pbut) - all of the Prophets and Messengers of God came with the same message - God is One.

Like the Christians, the Muslims too are awaiting the return of Jesus pbuh, and it is the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) who informed us of the return of Jesus pbuh. Many ahadeeth on that alone, if you would care to research.

God bless,

Scimi

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
06-09-2016, 12:09 AM
The Rank of the Prophet's and Messengers of God

Muslims also believe the Jesus pbuh was a Prophet and Messenger of God to the Children of Israel. I've sometimes read Christian responses to this and it does seem that Christians do not see Prophets and Messengers as important enough. So I'd like to clarify for the Christians the Islamic viewpoint of Prophets and Messengers. It will help to avoid confusion I hope.

In Islam, Prophets and Messengers rank higher and above the Angels. The Prophets and Messengers are those who are closest to God, even closer than the Angels.

In Islam we understand that there is no higher rank an human can attain than Prophet/Messenger of God - it is an honour and responsibility which God gives to HIS elect and chosen - and these men are always the best examples from the entire gene pool of humans in the world of that time period - they are willed into being by God, and birthed here on earth - as guides who will give us the truth of God.

Prophets and Messengers are ranked higher than the Angels.

30. And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: "Verily, I am going to place (mankind) generations after generations on earth." They said: "Will You place therein those who will make mischief therein and shed blood, - while we glorify You with praises and thanks (Exalted be You above all that they associate with You as partners) and sanctify You." He (Allah) said: "I know that which you do not know."

31. And He taught Adam all the names (of everything) , then He showed them to the angels and said, "Tell Me the names of these if you are truthful."

32. They (angels) said: "Glory be to You, we have no knowledge except what you have taught us. Verily, it is You, the All-Knower, the All-Wise."

33. He said: "O Adam! Inform them of their names," and when he had informed them of their names, He said: "Did I not tell you that I know the Ghaib (unseen) in the heavens and the earth, and I know what you reveal and what you have been concealing?"

Qur'an Chapter two (The Cow [Heifer])

God is demonstrating to the Angels that Mankind is an unique creation that even the Angels will marvel at due to the nature of its intelligence, and innate gifts God has given man.

But mankind can fall to lower than his carnal desires - and in rare cases, in the case of Prophets and Messengers of God - they can tower over the Angels in rank - as Adam our paternal grandfather, did on the day he was created!

Allahu Alam

Scimi

Scimitar
06-09-2016, 12:12 AM
Say, Praise be to God,
and peace upon His servants
whom He has chosen.

(Surah an-Naml, 27:59)

God chooses from the angels,
Messengers,
and from the people.

(Surah al-Hajj, 22:75)

And indeed they are,
to Us,
among the Chosen
and
Outstanding!

(Surah Saad, 38:47)

And [We sent] messengers about whom,
We have related [their stories] to you before,
and,
messengers about whom We have not,
related to you (their stories)

(Surah an-Nisaa’, 4:164)

And mention in the Book [the story of] Abraham.
Indeed, he was a man of truth and a prophet

(Surah Maryam, 19:41)

You have a good example in Abraham,
and those,
who were with him.

(Surah al-Mumtahinah, 60:4)

That was Our [conclusive] argument
which We gave Abraham against his people.
We raise by degrees whom We will.
Indeed, your Lord is Wise and Knowing.
And We gave to him [i.e., Abraham] Isaac and Jacob
– all [of them] We guided.
And Noah, We guided before;
and among his descendants,
David and Solomon and Job
and Joseph and Moses and Aaron.
Thus do We reward the doers of good.
And Zechariah and John and Jesus
and Elias – and all were of the righteous.
And Ishmael and Elisha and Jonah and Lot – and all [of them]
We preferred over the worlds!

(Surah al-An‘aam, 6:83-86)

And mention in the Book, Moses.
Indeed, he was chosen,
and he was a messenger and a prophet.
And We called him from the side of the mount at [his] right
and brought him near, confiding [to him].
And We gave him out of Our mercy,
his brother Aaron, as a prophet.

(Surah Maryam, 19:51-53)

And mention in the Book, Ishmael. Indeed,
he was true to his promise,
and he was a messenger and a prophet.
And he used to enjoin on his people prayer
and zakah (charity)
and was to his Lord pleasing [i.e., accepted by Him]

(Surah Maryam, 19:54-55)

And mention in the Book, Idrees (Enoch).
Indeed, he was a man of truth and a prophet.
And We raised him to a high station.
Those were the ones upon whom God bestowed favor
from among the prophets
of the descendants of Adam and of those We carried [in the ship] with Noah,
and of the descendants of Abraham and Israel [i.e.,
Jacob], and of those whom We guided and chose.
When the verses of the Most Merciful were recited to them,
they fell in prostration and weeping.

(Surah Maryam, 19:56-68)

… his name is the Messiah Jesus,
the son of Mary;
he is honored in this world,
and the Hereafter.

(Surah al-Imran 3:45)

Indeed in the Messenger of Allah (Muhammad)
you have (O' believers) a good example to follow
for him who hopes in (the Meeting with) Allah
and the Last Day and remembers Allah much.

(Surah Al-Ahzab, 33:21)

These are the ones whom God has guided, so from
their guidance take an example.
Say, "I ask of you for this message no payment.
It is not but a reminder for the worlds."

(Surah al-An‘aam, 6:90)

Scimi

Scimitar
06-09-2016, 12:15 AM
I found this article earlier I wish to share with others - hope you all can glean some goodness from it as I did.

Muhammad and Jesus Two Great Prophets of God
Thomas Petriano

The relationship between Christianity and Islam throughout history has been often characterized by misunderstanding, rivalry, and frequently hostility. As illustrated in the recent movie, The Kingdom of Heaven, these tensions reached their pinnacle of ugliness in Crusades. In today’s post 9-11 world, these same misunderstandings, rivalries, and hostilities are in danger of being ignited again as extremists on both sides attempt to persuade us that Christianity and Islam are fundamentally opposed to one another. Such claims can only be overcome by persistent efforts at dialogue that promotes understanding and reconciliation. Only such sincere and honest exchange can bring about the understanding that will enable Christians and Muslims, together with Jews, to coexist peacefully in the 21st century.

This article will focus specifically on Muslim-Christian dialogue by pointing out that in the inspired vision of our great and holy founders, Jesus and Muhammad, there is far more that we share in common than there is that divides us.

If Jesus and Muhammad had lived at the same time and had actually known each other, it seems from what we know of them that they would have recognized each other not as rivals, but as friends. There are four themes that I find in the gospels and the holy Qur’an that convince me that their teachings were inspired by the same fundamental faith and vision for humanity.

First of all, it is clear from the New Testament and the Qur’an that both Jesus and Muhammad were the beloved of God. In Islamic tradition there are several titles of honor by which Prophet Muhammad is known. For example, he is known as Abdullah – “the servant of God;” he is also known as Mustafa, “the chosen one;” Ahmad, “the one who is praised,” is another commonly used title. Most often, he is known as rasool or “the messenger.” In addition to these titles, Muhammad is also known as habib or “the beloved of God.”

Likewise, Jesus in the New Testament is also referred to as the beloved of God. For example, in Matthew 3:16 as Jesus is being baptized by John, we read:

And when Jesus was baptized, he went up immediately from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and alighting on him; and lo, a voice from heaven, saying, “This is my beloved son, with whom I am well pleased.”

This same scene is repeated in the gospels of Luke and Mark, and it serves to reinforce the conviction that Jesus is indeed the beloved of God. So, for both Christians and Muslims, their founders are recognized as God’s beloved. It follows then that for those who love God, whether they be Muslims or Christians, it is important to love Jesus and to love Muhammad. For God, there is no rivalry between them. They are both the beloved of God. Those who would claim to be their followers must then have the same respect and love for both of them.

Historically, Muslims have shown much greater respect for Jesus than Christians have shown for Muhammad. Muslims are very knowledgeable about the life of Jesus, and he is spoken of with great respect throughout the Qur’an. The same has not been the case for the traditional attitude of Christians toward Muhammad in history. Sadly, some of those prejudices continue in some circles today. This is largely because of insufficient or inaccurate information about Muhammad and his life. A better knowledge of the life of Prophet Muhammad can serve well to help Christians understand why he also is known as “the beloved of God - al habib.”

Another similarity between Jesus and Muhammad is evident in their strong and uncompromising vision of social justice. They both recognized the inequalities and injustices that existed in their respective societies, and both of them were passionate defenders of the poor, widows, and orphans. For example, in the Qur’an, God speaks through his messenger, Muhammad, these words:

Alms are for the poor and the needy, and those employed to administer the (funds); for those whose hearts have been (recently) reconciled (to Truth); for those in bondage in debt; in the cause of Allah; and for the wayfarer: (thus is it) ordained by Allah, and Allah is full of knowledge and wisdom. (Qur’an 9:60)

It is on the basis of passages such as this one that the concept of zakat (charity tax) became one of the five pillars of Islam and thereby an obligatory act of devotion for all Muslims. The sense of equality of all people that is derived from this principle is one of the central tenets of Islam. It is also exemplified in the various sunnah and hadith of Prophet Muhammad; for example, the honor he gave to Bilal in inviting him to be the first to chant the words of the adhan calling Muslims to prayer. This gesture was nothing less than revolutionary for that time and place.

Another example from the sunnah, as recounted by Karen Armstrong in her book Muhammad, is the story of a poor man who had committed a minor crime and is told to give alms to the poor as a penance for what he did. Just as the man was telling the Prophet that he did not have anything to give away, a basket of dates was brought into the mosque by someone as a gift for Muhammad. The Prophet, in turn, gave the basket to the poor man and suggested that he use those dates to distribute to the poor. The man replied that he didn’t know anyone who was poorer than he was. Muhammad laughed at his response and suggested that he give the dates to his family as his penance.

Like Muhammad, Jesus spoke out frequently on behalf of the poor and disadvantaged. The famous teaching of the beatitudes, which were part of the Sermon on the Mount, are one example, and another is found in the Gospel of Luke, chapter four, where Jesus uses the words of Prophet Isaiah to refer to himself as he reads from the scroll:

“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, and to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord” And he closed the book, …and began to say to them, “Today this scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.”

Not only did Jesus preach this powerful message of love and justice for all the most marginalized members of society, but in his own actions he brought these words to life. The four gospels frequently make reference to Jesus’ special compassion for the sick, the poor, and the forgotten and neglected members of his society. In Matthew, 25: 31-46, he further suggests that his disciples will be known and judged by their actions of feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, and visiting the sick and imprisoned. In fact, whenever one performs one of these actions to the “least” of his brethren, it is as if he were performing it for Christ himself. It is perhaps for this very reason that the Qur’an honors and respects Jesus. His sense of charity and justice, which is very much rooted in the justice proclaimed by the Hebrew prophets, is totally in sync with the vision of justice taught and practiced by Prophet Muhammad.

A third trait shared by both Jesus and Muhammad is their love for God. Jesus referred to God as abba, an Aramaic word which means “father” (or most closely translated, “daddy”), and Muhammad addressed God as Allah, the Arabic word for God. For both of them, God was the center of their lives. They lived their lives always deeply conscious of God’s power and presence and of themselves as the beloved of God. The gospels speak frequently of Jesus going off by himself to pray-either into the desert, or to a mountain, or to a garden (such as the Garden of Olives where he prayed the night before he died). The spiritual writer Anthony Padavano reminds us:

He prays at every turn, on any occasion, each day, during the night, while on the water, lost in the mountains, alone in the temple, forsaken in the garden, at supper with his friends, throughout the ordeal of the cross. (from his book, Dawn without Darkness)

The strength of Jesus’ ministry was the relationship that he cultivated with God in prayer. Jesus was a man of God because he was a man of prayer.

Likewise, Prophet Muhammad was recognized by all of his followers as a prayerful, deeply God-conscious person. The very revelation of the Qur’an came to Muhammad while he was praying on Mt. Hirat, and the two great moments of epiphany that Muhammad was privileged to receive, the Night of Ascent (laylat al- miraj) and the Night of Power (laylat al- qudr), are examples of his deep devotion to prayer and the deep intensity of his prayer. Indeed, of the night of power the Qur’an says: “The Night of Power is better than a thousand months.” The practice of salat five times daily is meant to keep each Muslim aware of God throughout the hours of the day, following the example of Prophet Muhammad in his deep devotion to God and all-encompassing God-consciousness. In addition to the five times of daily prayer, there is the prayer known as du’a, which corresponds more to the Christian understanding of prayers of petition. From the sunnah and hadith there are many traditions relating Muhammad’s devotion to prayer on many different occasions of the day and the long periods of time he often spent in salat (worship). As with Jesus, the rhythm of Muhammad’s daily life was one of prayer and devotion to God - God consciousness. Peace and praise be upon them both.

A fourth characteristic that Jesus and Muhammad shared was respect for the equality of women. Both of them lived in a highly patriarchal culture in which women were highly subjugated, had few rights, and were often treated unjustly and harshly. In speaking out on behalf of the rights of women, Jesus and Muhammad went against the prevailing norms of their respective cultural and religious heritage. We see, for example, in the ways that Jesus related to women a teaching that was quite revolutionary for his time. He would talk to women, and always treated them with the respect and dignity that they deserved. It is a woman, Mary Magdalene, who is recognized as one of his closest followers, and it was she to whom Jesus first appeared after his resurrection, entrusting to her the task of telling the other disciples that he had risen from the dead. In Jesus’ understanding of the Kingdom of God, men and women were equals.

Prophet Muhammad also courageously opposed the prevailing norms of his time with regard to women. In the fourth chapter of the Qur’an, Allah reminds believers:

“O mankind! Reverence your Guardian-lord, Who created you from a single Person, created, of like nature, his mate, and from them twain scattered (like seeds) countless men and women; reverence Allah, through Whom you demand your mutual (rights), and (reverence) the wombs (that bore you): for Allah ever watches over you. (4:1)

In addition to this ayat from the Qur’an, there is a hadith in which Muhammad says that “women are the twin halves of men.” These teachings taken together are compelling evidence of the essential equality that exists between men and women, as it was revealed to Muhammad. It is this recognition of equality that forms the basis for the various laws of the Shariah which protect the rights of women. There are, for example, laws that protect women’s right of inheritance, their right to divorce, their right to vote and run for office, their rights to alimony and palimony, and strict laws limiting polygamy. Indeed, one of the principle reasons for the limited conditions under which polygamy could be practiced was the protection of the many widows and orphans that lived without a husband or father in the often violent society of 7th century Arabia.

Though Islam is often criticized as being oppressive to women, the fact is that the teaching and example of Prophet Muhammad demonstrate something quite the opposite. Muhammad, like Jesus, was very counter-cultural in championing the rights of women. Yet it has often been the followers of Muhammad and Jesus who have misunderstood or misrepresented the true nature of their view of women and their rightful roles in society and in their respective religions.

Certainly, there are other convergences that can be pointed out between the lives of these two great messengers of God, and certainly there are some differences, but the four that we have mentioned-being the beloved of God and defenders of the poor, their devotion to prayer and speaking up on behalf of women’s rights-serve to highlight how much Muhammad and Jesus had in common. They lived several centuries apart, though they emerged from the same part of the world.

One cannot help but wonder and speculate that if they lived at the same time and knew each other how they would have responded to each other. It is surely a hypothetical question, but the evidence would seem to indicate that they would not have seen each other as rivals, but would rather have had nothing but the highest respect for one another. The famous Night of Ascent in which Muhammad was mystically transported to heaven (laylat al-miraj) bears remarkable resemblance to the gospel account of Jesus’ Transfiguration, where he was joined by the prophets Abraham and Elijah. In Muhammad’s ascension he was also joined by Jesus. What a beautiful image. What would they have said to each other? It is a fascinating question to ponder.

It is not hard to imagine them being glad to see each other, embracing each other as friends, and becoming engaged in deep and genuine dialogue. Indeed, it is not hard to imagine Jesus and Muhammad as friends, linked by their love of God and their vision of a world characterized by justice, compassion, and equality-a world where people lived in awareness of and submission to God. They would have recognized each other as friends because they were friends of God. They would have the same hope and expectation for their followers. May we, their followers, learn from them.

Thomas Petriano, PhD, is a faculty member at Religious Studies Department, St. Joseph’s College, New York.

Source

God bless

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
06-09-2016, 12:18 AM
Overlapping of the Messages of Muhammad and Jesus

Indeed, there is a sort of overlapping between the messages of Jesus and Muhammad (peace be upon them). No wonder, all Messengers and Prophets of Allah came up with the same message of monotheism. In the Qur’an, Allah says:

And We sent no messenger before thee but We inspired him, (saying): There is no God save Me (Allah), so worship Me.(Al-Anbiyaa’ 21:25)

He sends down the angels, with the inspiration of His command, upon whom He wills of His servants, [telling them], “Warn that there is no deity except Me; so fear Me.” (An-Nahl 16:2)

The messages of the Prophets and Messengers of Allah complement one another. The very basis of such messages is monotheism, for which both Jesus and Prophet Muhammad called. In the Bible, we read the following verse:

“Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me.”(Isaiah 46 – 9)

Therefore, Muslims believe in the Second Coming of Jesus, but they think that he will come back to resume the message of monotheism. According to Muslims, Jesus will return to order people to worship Allah Alone and let them know that he is just a Prophet of Allah not a Son of God. His return in itself, according to Islam, is a sign of the end of the world. Allah says in the Qur’an:

And indeed, Jesus will be [a sign for] knowledge of the Hour, so be not in doubt of it, and follow Me. This is a straight path. (Az-Zukhruf 43:61)

Allah (Glory be to Him) emphasizes in the Qur’an that the People of the Book (Jews and Christians) will believe that Jesus is a Prophet, rather than a Son of God as claimed by Christians or False Messiah as claimed by Jews, before the death of Jesus towards the end of the world.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) foretold the Second Coming of Jesus who, according to him, will disown Christianity and preach monotheism and the worship of Allah Alone. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

“By Him in Whose hands my soul rests, surely Jesus, Son of Mary, will soon descend amongst you and will judge mankind judiciously, as an honest ruler. He will break the cross, kill the pig and abolish Jizya. Money will abound in such excess that no one will wish to accept it. A single prostration to Allah, in prayer, will be better than the whole world and all it contains.” Abu Hurayrah, the narrator, added, “If you wish, you can recite this verse from the holy Quran:

And there is none from the People of the Scripture but that he will surely believe in Jesus before his death. And on the Day of Resurrection he will be against them a witness. (An-Nisaa’ 4:159)

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) also prophesied that Jesus will come back to uphold Islam as the true monotheistic message of Allah to humanity. He informed that Jesus will keep fighting the followers of all religions other than Islam and will kill the Antichrist. According to Prophet Muhammad, he will live for forty years and Muslims will offer the funeral prayer for him when he dies.

Abu Huraira narrated that Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him) said: “There is no Prophet between me and him (Jesus Christ). He shall descend, so recognize him when you see him. He is a man of medium height, (his complexion) is between reddish and white; he will be between (dressed in) two slightly yellowish garments; his head looks as if it is dripping water even though it is not wet. He will fight people in the cause (for the sake) of Islam, break the Cross, kill the swine (pig) and abolish Jizya (tax on Christians and Jews); and Allah will put an end to all religious sects except Islam during his (Jesus’) time. He (Jesus) will slay the Antichrist (Dajjal) and he will stay in the world for 40 years. Then, he will die and the Muslims will offer the funeral prayer for him.” (Abu Dawud)

Monotheism is affirmed more than once in the Bible. In the Old Testament, we read the following verse: “I am the Lord, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me.”(Isaiah 45:5)

In the New Testament, we read a dialogue between the Devil and Jesus where the latter told the former that it is God only Who must be worshiped alone. The New Testament cites such a dialogue as follows: “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.” Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’” (Matthew 4:9-10)

Finally, unlike Jews, Muslims believe that Jesus is the Messiah. However, unlike Christians, they believe that he is a Messenger of Allah. According to Muslims, he will come back to resume the message of monotheism with which all Prophets and Messengers of Allah came with. Allah says in the Qur’an:

O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers. And do not say, “Three”; desist – it is better for you. Indeed, Allah is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs. Never would the Messiah disdain to be a servant of Allah, nor would the angels near [to Him]. And whoever disdains His worship and is arrogant – He will gather them to Himself all together. (An-Nisaa’ 4:171-172)

Scimi

Scimitar
06-09-2016, 12:55 AM
Say, [O believers], "We have believed in Allah and what has been revealed to us and what has been revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the Descendants and what was given to Moses and Jesus and what was given to the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him." (Quran 2:136)

THE COVENANT OF THE PROPHETS (tafsir ibn Kathir)

Allah tells us about the five Mighty Messengers with strong resolve and the other Prophets, how He took a covenant from them to establish the religion of Allah and convey His Message, and to cooperate and support one another, as Allah says:

(And when Allah took the covenant of the Prophets, saying: "Take whatever I gave you from the Book and Hikmah, and afterwards there will come to you a Messenger confirming what is with you; you must, then, believe in him and help him.'' Allah said: "Do you agree, and will you take up My covenant'' They said: "We agree.'' He said: "Then bear witness; and I am with you among the witnesses.'') (3:81)

This covenant was taken from them after their missions started. Elsewhere in the Qur'an, Allah mentions five by name, and these are the Mighty Messengers with strong resolve. They are also mentioned by name in this Ayah and in the Ayah:

(He (Allah) has ordained for you the same religion which He ordained for Nuh, and that which We have revealed to you, and that which We ordained for Ibrahim, Musa and `Isa saying you should establish religion and make no divisions in it.)(42:13)

This is the covenant which Allah took from them, as He says:

(And when We took from the Prophets their covenant, and from you, and from Nuh, Ibrahim, Musa, and `Isa son of Maryam.)

This Ayah begins with the last Prophet, as a token of respect, may the blessings of Allah be upon him, then the names of the other Prophets are given in order, may the blessings of Allah be upon them.

Ibn `Abbas said: "The strong covenant is Al-`Ahd (the covenant)...

... We bear witness that the Messengers did indeed convey the Message of their Lord and advised their nations, and that they clearly showed them the truth in which there is no confusion, doubt or ambiguity, even though they were rejected by the ignorant, stubborn and rebellious wrongdoers. What the Messengers brought is the truth, and whoever opposes them is misguided. As the people of Paradise will say: (Indeed, the Messengers of our Lord did come with the truth.)(7:43)

Scimi

Scimitar
06-09-2016, 01:17 AM
Remembering Jesus (peace be upon him)

Introduction:
No Doubt Jesus (pbuh) was one of the Prophets mentioned in the Quran, Ahadith and Bible. He was mentioned in Quran 29 times (versus Muhammad 4 times).

Miraculous Birth Of Jesus:

Quran 3:45 Behold! the angels said: “O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honor in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah…’

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Mathew 1:23 ‘Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us’.

Jesus creation/birth was unique like some other Prophets (Adam-No Parents, Eve-No Mother, Old age Parents of Yahiya, Isaac & Ishmael). Modern Scientific Cloning need a source (at least one gene BUT Prophet Adam’s creation/birth was the more miraculous creation created by Allah with no parents or from nothing. Hence God is most powerful and creator of all from nothing compared to man who creates from something.

Quran 19:9 He said: “So (it will be). Your Lord says: It is easy for Me. Certainly I have created you before, when you had been nothing!” (Adam)

Luke 1:37 ‘For nothing is impossible with God’

Jesus talked about Muhammad:

(Holy Spirit/Holy truth, Praised one-Paraklit, Advocate, Counselor)

Matthew 3:11 “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you…’
John 16:13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. “He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you.

Prophet Muhammad talked about Jesus

Hadith: I am most close to Jesus, son of Mary, among the whole of mankind in this worldly life and the next life. They said: Allah’s Messenger how is it? Thereupon he said: Prophets are brothers in faith, having different mothers. Their religion is, however, one and there is no Apostle between us (between I and Jesus). (SM-Book 030, # 5836 Abu Huraira Narrator)

Genealogy of Jesus:
Jesus was one of the great grandsons of Abraham thru Isaac (and also Moses and Muhammad). God chose Abraham as special and elevated him and progeny as leaders of Nations. In this way they were Brethren/brothers (A person who has the same ancestor & same faith). In a similar way, Prophet called all Muslims as One Ummah and brothers to one another (since the same faith).
Quran 14:39 “All the praises & thanks are to God, Who has given me in old age Ishmael & Isaac…’
1Chronicles 1:28 ‘The sons of Abraham: Isaac & Ishmael.’

Mary/Mariam:

Jesus’s Mother was Mary (Miriam d/o Imran. Zachariah was her Guardian & Abraham was her great grandfather/ancestor thru Isaac. God has raised the status of Women in Islam and especially of Mary. There are two chapters in Quran to honor the Women (‘Al Nisaa’ and Maryam). Jesus was addressed as Son of Mary and an honor given to Mother and Son.

Quran 3:42 “O Mary! God has chosen you and purified you and again he has chosen you above all women of all nations of the worlds”
Quran 5:72 ‘… Jesus son of Mary said,’ O Children of Israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and ur Lord’

Prophet Jesus was a Muslim, chosen by God for Bani-Israel (the children of Israel) as a Mediator between Allah & the children of Israel.

Quran 3:52 When Jesus found unbelief on their part He said: “Who will be My helpers to (the work of) Allah?” Said the disciples: “We are Allah’s helpers: We believe in Allah, and do thou bear witness that we are Muslims.
Quran 3-49 “And I will make him (Jesus) a Messenger to the Children of Israel”
Mathew 15:24 “I was sent only to help God’s lost sheep–the people of Israel.”

Jesus’s Mission:

Like other Prophets Jesus was given a mission to practice, preach and spread the Absolute Monotheism and Divine message of Allah swt without any revisions (additions/subtractions).

Quran 43:63-64 “When Jesus came with clear proofs (of Allah’s sovereignty), he said: I have come to you with wisdom, and to make plain some of that about which you differ. So keep your duty to Allah, and obey me. Allah, He is my Lord and your Lord. So worship Him. This is the right path.”

John 8:39 Jesus said 'for if you are the children of Abraham, you would follow his example.'

Jesus’s Laws:

Jesus was sent as a Prophet with a book of message/wisdom. Jesus followed the laws in Torah and said He will never abolish the laws (Sharia that was present in Torah).

Quran 5:46 “We sent him the Injeel, therein was guidance and light and confirmation of the Torah that had come before him. A guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah.”

John 1:17 ‘For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ (Gospel)

Mathew 5:17-19 “Don’t suppose for a minute that I have come to demolish the Scriptures – either God’s Law or the Prophets. I’m not here to demolish but to complete. I am going to put it all together, pull it all together in a vast panorama.

Jesus’s Fundamentals of Islam:

On analysis of the Bible (Old and New Testaments) Moses and Jesus followed, practiced and preached the (1) 5-Pillars of Islam and (2) 6-creeds of Islam (One God, Prophets, Angels Revelations, Destiny, & Judgment day)

(1) 5 Pillars of Islam: These are outward Actions and Deeds (Practice).

1st Pillar:

Quran 5: 72 ‘while Jesus has said, “O Children of Israel-worship God, my Lord & your Lord’.
Mark12: 29 ‘The most important commandment is this: Hear, O Israel; the Lord our God is one Lord.’

Quran 21:107 “And We have not sent you except as a mercy to mankind. (Muhammad-s)

John 16:12-13 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.

2nd Pillar:

Quran 22:27 ‘O you who believe! Bow down & prostrate yourselves & worship your God…’
Mathew 26:39 ‘He (Jesus) advanced a little & fell on his face prostrated & prayed, saying, ‘O my Father’

3rd Pillar:

Quran 2:183 ‘O ye who believe! Fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you…
Mark 9:29 And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.

4th Pillar:
Quran 3: 92 ‘You will not attain righteousness till you spend in charity of the things you love’.
1 Corinthians13:3 & though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, & though I give my body to be burned, & have not given charity, it profits me nothing.

5th Pillar 5):
Quran 2:196 ‘And perform properly, the hajj and ‘Umrah…’.
Luke 2:41 ‘Every year Jesus’ parents went to Jerusalem for the Passover festival’.
Exodus 12:14 “This day will be one for you to remember. This is a permanent law for generations to come: You will celebrate this day as a pilgrimage festival in the LORD’s honor.

(2) 6 Creeds of Islam: These are inward Beliefs and Faith.

Creed 1: Unity of GOD (Absolute Monotheism)
Quran (111:1 & 4) Say: He is God the One and Only; And there is none like unto Him.
Mark 12:32 “Well said, teacher,” the man replied. “You are right in saying that God is one & there is no other but him.

Creed 2: Prophets:
Quran 16:36 ‘I have sent to every nation a messenger [pro-claiming:] worship God & avoid the [worship of] false gods.’
Jeremiah 25:4 ‘And though the LORD has sent all his servants the prophets to you again & again, you have not listened or paid any attention’

Creed 3: Revelations:
Quran 5:48 ‘Then we revealed to you (O Muhammad) this scripture, truthfully, confirming previous scriptures, and replacing/guarding them…’
John 1:17 ‘For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Creed 4: Judgment day
Quran 44:40 ‘Verily, the Day of Judgment is the time appointed for all of them.
Mathew 12:36 ‘… I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the Day of Judgment…’

Creed 5: Angels/Archangel
Quran 19:17 ‘then We sent to her Our Ruh [angel (Gabriel)], and he appeared before her …’ (Mary/Mariam)
Luke 1:30 “Don’t be afraid, Mary,” the angel told her, “for you have found favor with God!

Creed 6: Destiny
Quran 57:22 “No misfortune can happen on earth or in your souls but is recorded in a decree before We bring it into existence: That is truly easy for GOD’
Job 23:14 ‘So he will do to me whatever he has planned. He controls my destiny’.

Jesus’ Miracles:
Were given by God to the Prophets (e.g. Moses, Jesus and Muhammad)

Quran 5:110 ‘And behold! I did restrain the children of Israel when you did show them the Clear Signs…’
John 5:30 ‘I can do nothing on my own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and my judgment is just, because I do not seek my own will, but the will of Him who sent me’.

Jesus’ God:

Quran 111:1-4 Say: He is God the One and Only; (1) And there is none like unto Him. (4)
Mark 12:32 “Well said, teacher, (Jesus)” the man replied. “You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him.
Quran 33:40 “Muhammad is not the father of any of you; He is the Messenger of Allah and the seal of the Prophets… ”
Matthew 23:9 “Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven”.

Miraculous Return:
Quran 4:158 “But God lifted him (Jesus) up (with his body & soul) unto Himself (& he is in the heavens)….
John 12:32 And when I am lifted up from the earth..

Second Coming:
Qur’an 43.61 ]‘And (Jesus) shall be a Sign (for the coming of) the Hour (of Judgment: therefore have no doubt about the (Hour), but follow ye Me: this is a Straight Way.
Mathew 24:44 For this reason you also must be ready; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He will.

Judgment/Salvation:
Quran 44:40 ‘Verily, the Day of Judgment is the time appointed for all of them. ‘
Mathew 12:36 ‘… I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the Day of Judgment…’

Quran 27:78 ‘Verily, your Lord will decide between them (various sects) by His judgment. And He is the All Mighty, the All-Knowing’.
Matthew 7: 21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father in heaven].

Quran 3:191 ‘…Give us salvation from the torment of the Fire’.
Psalm 62:7 ‘My salvation & my glory depend on God.’
John 5:41 ‘I do not accept praise from men, Jesus shouted to the crowds.’

Dr AbdulQayum Khan (MD) is a physician and have a diploma in dawah from IOU by brother Bilal Philips.

Scimi

Scimitar
06-09-2016, 02:28 AM

The name Jesus, son of Mary written in Arabic calligraphy, followed by peace be upon him.

Muslims

Jesus (pbuh) too

here are six things you may not know about the role of Jesus — and his mother, Mary — in Islam:

1. Jesus, Mary, and the angel Gabriel are all in the Quran (as are Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, and a bunch of other Bible characters).

2. Muslims believe that Jesus (called “Isa” in Arabic) was a prophet of God, was born to a virgin (Mary), and will return to Earth before the Day of Judgment to restore justice and to defeat al-Masih ad-Dajjal (“the false messiah”), also known as the Antichrist. All of which may sound pretty familiar to many Christians.

3. Mary (called “Maryam” in Arabic) has an entire chapter in the Quran named for her — the only chapter in the Quran named for a female figure. In fact, Mary is the only woman to be mentioned by name in the entire Quran: As noted in the new Study Quran, “other female figures are identified only by their relation to others, such as the wife of Adam and the mother of Moses, or by their title, such as the Queen of Sheba.”

Mary is mentioned more times in the Quran than in the entire New Testament.

4. Just as with all the other prophets, including Mohammed, Muslims recite, “Peace be upon him” every time we refer to Jesus.

5. Muslims believe that Jesus performed miracles: The Quran discusses several of Jesus’s miracles, including giving sight to the blind, healing lepers, raising the dead, and breathing life into clay birds.

6. The story of Jesus’s birth as told in the Quran is also the story of his first miracle, when he spoke as an infant in the cradle and declared himself to be a prophet of God. Here’s the story:

And remember Mary in the Book, when she withdrew from her family to an eastern place. And she veiled herself from them. Then We [God] sent unto her Our Spirit [the angel Gabriel], and it assumed for her the likeness of a perfect man. She said, “I seek refuge from thee in the Compassionate [i.e., God], if you are reverent!” He (Gabriel) said, “I am but a messenger of thy Lord, to bestow upon thee a pure boy.”

She said, “How shall I have a boy when no man has touched me, nor have I been unchaste?” He said, “Thus shall it be. Thy Lord says, ‘It is easy for Me.’” And [it is thus] that We might make him a sign unto mankind, and a mercy from Us. And it is a matter decreed.

So she conceived him and withdrew with him to a place far off. And the pangs of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a date palm. She said, “Would that I had died before this and was a thing forgotten, utterly forgotten!” So he called out to her from below her, “Grieve not! Thy Lord has placed a rivulet beneath thee. And shake toward thyself the trunk of the date palm; fresh, ripe dates shall fall upon thee. So eat and drink and cool thine eye. And if thou seest any human being, say, ‘Verily I have vowed a fast unto the Compassionate, so I shall not speak this day to any man.’”

Then she came with him [the infant Jesus] unto her people, carrying him. They said, “O Mary! Thou hast brought an amazing thing! O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not an evil man, nor was thy mother unchaste.” Then she pointed to him [Jesus]. They said, “How shall we speak to one who is yet a child in the cradle?”

He [Jesus] said, “Truly I am a servant of God. He has given me the Book and made me a prophet. He has made me blessed wheresoever I may be, and has enjoined upon me prayer and almsgiving so long as I live, and [has made me] dutiful toward my mother. And He has not made me domineering, wretched. Peace be upon me the day I was born, the day I die, and the day I am raised alive!”

That is Jesus son of Mary— a statement of the truth, which they doubt.

Scimi

Scimitar
06-09-2016, 02:35 AM
The Paraclete verse and it's real meaning

"The Comforter, the Spirit of Truth, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you." [Bible - John 14:26]

You know this verse, right Artful? Good, may we?... well thank you,

Jesus, the son of Mary, said, "A messenger will come after me, named Ahmad." [Holy Quran 61:6]

The chief priests and Levites asked John the Baptist, "If you are not the Christ (Messiah), and not Elijah - are you THAT Prophet?" [Bible - John 1:20]

When the chief priests and Levites asked John the Baptist who he was, they asked him in a very strange way. First they questioned him as to whether or not he was the anticipated "Messiah" [Christ in Koine Greek]. He was not the "Messiah" that had hoped for. Next they asked if he was the prophet Elijah and again he tells them, "No." Now comes the really strange part. Finally, they asked him if he is "That Prophet?"

Are you Christ? - [No]
Are you Elijah? - [No]
Are you THAT Prophet? - [No]

What did they mean by "That Prophet?" We of course, know who the "Christ" is. After all, Christians should know that "Christ" is merely a shortened form of the Koine Greek word "christos," intended to mean the Hebrew word "Messiah."

The Jews of two thousand years ago were definitely looking for the Messiah, who it was foretold in their books, would come and lead them to victory over their oppressors and thus gain for them mastery over this world. They were much oppressed under Roman domination and even their own Jewish kings were seen as nothing more than puppets or agents for the disbelievers. Certainly, they would have been most happy to see someone come on the scene who would defeat their Roman masters and slave drivers.

Then the priests and Levites asked John the Baptist if he might be the prophet Elijah, returning back after hundreds of years being away. There was the notion amongst them that Elijah would come back. But again, John the Baptist is denying he is Elijah.

Then, who is he? They wonder at this man living out in the desert and forsaking wealth and luxury and fasting, avoiding the material attractions of life.

Again, they ask John the Baptist who he is. "Are you THAT Prophet?" And one more time he denies being "THAT Prophet,"but then he does tell them about someone who will come after him soon, whom he claims he is not worthy to even unlace his shoes.

However, this does not answer the question, "Who were they expecting besides the Messiah?" Could it be they were looking for someone like Muhammad?

Who is THAT Prophet? -

For centuries Muslims have believed Jesus, peace and blessings be upon him, was "THAT Prophet" mentioned in these words of the Gospel of John. The Quran states one of the important features of Jesus' mission was to give the "bashir" or 'glad tidings' of the coming of the Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him. During his short missionary career that lasted not more than three years, and which was overshadowed by the hostile attitude of his own people, Jesus gave them the good news of Ahmad, (one of the forms of "Muhammad") the last messenger of God, who would perfect the divine teaching both in theory and in practice. The Quran mentions that, Jesus says:

"O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah {Almighty God} (sent) to you, confirming the Law (Torah or Old Testament) before me, and giving glad tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad." [Holy Quran 61:6]

The Quran gives the name as Ahmad, one of several ways to say Muhammad's name. Just as we have in English the name Joseph, and often use a shorter form such as "Joe" or the familiar form, "Joey," and other names like "Jonathan" which becomes "John"; "Jack" or "Johnny", so in the same way we find Arabic has similar forms for a name. Muhammad, Ahmad and Hamad are a few of the names originating from the root word, "hamd" (meaning 'praise) in Arabic, and can be understood as "The one who praises (God)"; "the praised one"; "praising"; etc.

Abdullah Yusuf Ali in his translation of the meanings of the Quran to English, he states, "Ahmad or Muhammad, the Praised One is a translation of the Koine Greek word Periclytos.

In the present gospel of John 14:16, 15:26 and 16:7, the Greek word Paracletos is translated in the NIV as Comforter. Paracletos can mean an Advocate, or "one called to the help of another", "a kind friend." [B]Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, was known from birth as one who brought comfort and reconciliation to family, friends and strangers alike, especially in bringing together the ties of kinship and brotherly love.[b]

Another nick name of the prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, mentioned in the Bible (or at least what is left of it in the English language) is "The Spirit of Truth." As-Saddiq means exactly that and it is was another name given to Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, by those who knew his proclivity for honesty and integrity.

The New Testament Gospel according to John, Jesus, peace and blessings be upon him, promises them the Paracletos will come four times (John 14:16; 14:26; 15:26; 16:7). Naturally, Jesus, peace and blessings be upon him, did not return in their lifetime nor did any other prophet for that matter, so later thinkers came up with the notion that it was not Jesus "in person" but rather, Jesus coming back in "spirit form."

This led some Christians to assert, this was to be the Holy Spirit, who would descend upon the disciples on the Day of the Pentecost (Acts 2), to witness Christ and lead them into the whole truth and to be with the believers forever, and they would not die (John 3:16), but have everlasting life. Also, some added verses later (see footnotes to Revised Standard Version of the Bible) to the very last chapter of Mark (16), wherein, they have the Spirit coming upon them in such a way they imagined themselves going to be able to speak with new languages; pick up snakes, lay hands on the sick to cure them and even drink poison and nothing would hurt them. [Luke 23:17-18]

Another point is, the Paracletos, comforter or the Spirit of truth, was going to dwell with us from now on. Certainly anyone could see Muhammad's influence and his message of worshipping only One God without any partners has prevailed long after his earthly life.

Scimi

Scimitar
06-09-2016, 02:47 AM
Mohammad(pbuh) in the Bible, which will discuss and cover many aspects of how prophet Mohammad(pbuh) is mentioned by name in some verses in the Bible, and he is also alluded to in other verses. The series will also briefly discuss the character, struggles and mission of the finale Messenger of God Almighty, Prophet Mohammad(pbuh).

Other topics dealing with the Christian faith, will also be covered, and also topics such as the Antichrist Dajjal, and related topics.

This series was produced by my old friend and comrade from WUP-FORUM - Bushwack Productions, with assistance from Br. Kris Sears.

MUHAMMAD (PBUH) PROPHESISED IN THE BOOK OF DEUTERONOMY:
Almighty God speaks to Moses in Book of Deuteronomy chapter 18 verse 18:
"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and I will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

The Christians say that this prophecy refers to Jesus (pbuh) because Jesus (pbuh) was like Moses (pbuh). Moses(pbuh) was a Hebrew as well as Jesus (pbuh) was a Hebrew, Moses (pbuh) was a Prophet and Jesus (pbuh) was also a Prophet.

If these two are the only criteria for this prophecy to be fulfilled, then all the Prophets of the Bible who came after
Moses (pbuh) such as Solomon, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Malachi, John the Baptist, etc. (pbut) will fulfill this prophecy since all were Jews as well as prophets. However, it is Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) who is like Moses (pbuh):

i) Both had a father and a mother, while Jesus (pbuh) was born miraculously without any male intervention. [Mathew 1:18 and Luke 1:35 and also Al-Qur'an 3:42-47]

ii) Both were married and had children. Jesus (pbuh) according to the Bible did not marry nor had children.

iii) Both died natural deaths. Jesus (pbuh) has been raised up alive. (4:157-158)

Muhammad (pbuh) is from among the brethren of Moses (pbuh). Arabs (Ishmaelites) are brethren of Jews (Israelites). Abraham (pbuh) had two sons: Ishmail and Isaac (pbut). The Arabs are the descendants of Ishmail (pbuh) and the Jews are the descendants of Isaac (pbuh).

Words in the mouth:
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was unlettered and whatever revelations he received from Almighty God he repeated them verbatim.

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."
[Deuteronomy 18:18]

iv) Both besides being Prophets were also kings i.e. they could inflict capital punishment. Jesus (pbuh) said,"My kingdom is not of this world." (John 18:36).

v) Both were accepted as Prophets by their people in their lifetime but Jesus (pbuh) was rejected by his
people. John chapter 1 verse 11 states, "He came unto his own, but his own received him not."

iv) Both brought new laws and new regulations for their people. Jesus (pbuh) according to the Bible did not bring any new laws. (Mathew 5:17-18).

And many more examples, shown the video.

2. It is mentioned in the book of Deuteronomy chapter 18:19
"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not harken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him."

Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered prophet, whom they find written in what they have of the Torah and the Gospel, who enjoins upon them what is right and forbids them what is wrong and makes lawful for them the good things and prohibits for them the evil and relieves them of their burden and the shackles which were upon them. So they who have believed in him, honored him, supported him and followed the light which was sent down with him - it is those who will be the successful.
Quran 7:157

The prophet Muhammad (pbuh) mentioned by name in the old testament:
He (Prophet Muhammad pbuh) is mentioned by name in the Songs of Solomon chapter 5 verse 16:

"Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammad-im Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."

"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem."

In the Hebrew language "-im" is added for respect. Similarly "-im" is added after the name of Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) to make it Muhammadim. In English translation they have even translated the name of Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) as "altogether lovely", but in the Old Testament in Hebrew, the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is yet present.

Further explanation in the video.

Scimi

Scimitar
06-09-2016, 02:52 AM
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in the New Testament:

Al-Quran Chapter 61 Verse 6:
"And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said, 'O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me and giving glad tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmed.' But when he came to them with clear signs, they said, 'This is evident sorcery!' "

All the prophecies mentioned in the Old Testament regarding Muhammad (pbuh) besides applying to the Jews also hold good for the Christians.

1. John chapter 14 verse 16:
"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever."

2.Gospel of John chapter 15 verse 26:
"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me."

3.Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 7:
"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you". "Ahmed" or "Muhammad" meaning "the one who praises" or "the praised one" is almost the translation of the Greek word Periclytos. In the Gospel of John 14:16, 15:26, and 16:7. The word 'Comforter' is used in the English translation for the Greek word Paracletos which means advocate or a kind friend rather than a comforter.

Paracletos is the warped reading for Periclytos. Jesus (pbuh) actually prophesized Ahmed by name. Even the Greek word Paraclete refers to the Prophet (pbuh) who is a mercy for all creatures.

Some Christians say that the Comforter mentioned in these prophecies refers to the Holy Spirit. They fail to realize that the prophecy clearly says that only if Jesus (pbuh) departs will the Comforter come. The Bible states that the Holy Spirit was already present on earth before and during the time of Jesus (pbuh), in the womb of Elizabeth, and again when Jesus(pbuh) was being baptized, etc. Hence this prophecy refers to none other than Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

4. Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 12-14:
"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is come, he will guide you unto all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come. He shall glorify me".

The Sprit of Truth, spoken about in this prophecy refers to none other than Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

NOTE: All quotations of the Bible are taken from the King James Version.

The Holy Ghost

A segment out of a few regarding the Children of Israel, from the Noble Quran, during the time of Prophet Moses(pbuh).

Scimi

Scimitar
06-09-2016, 02:58 AM
Do you know that at the time of Prophet Muhammad, the Jews of Yathrib (Madinah) recognized him as the one mentioned in their scriptures but, aside from some pious ones among them (such as the rabbi Abdullah ibn Salam), they all rejected him due to their arrogant tribal pride?

In fact the Islamic account of Prophet Isaiah comes from the mouths of those Jews who had embraced Islam and become followers and companions of Prophet Muhammad. Below is the story I mentioned to you earlier KM recorded by Ibn Kathir from the traditions of those early Jewish reverts. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did:

Among the prophets between David and Zakariah is Isaiah, Ibn Amoz (Amisiah). According to Muhammad Ibn Ishaaq, Isaiah appeared before Zakariah and Yahya (John the Baptist). He is among those who prophesied about Isa (Jesus) and Muhammad (peace be upon them all).

The king during his time was called Hezekiah (Hazkia). He listened and was obedient to Isaiah in what he advised him to do and prohibit for the good of the state. Affairs took momentum among the Israelites. The king became sick with an infected foot. While he was sick, King Sennacherib (Sinharib) of Babylon advanced towards Jerusalem with sixty thousand men.

The people were greatly terrified. The King asked Isaiah: "What did GOD reveal to you regarding Sennacherib and his army?" He replied: "He has not yet revealed anything to me." Then the revelation came down for King Hezekiah to appoint a successor, as he wished, because his end was at hand. When Isaiah told him this, the king turned to the qibla (the direction faced in prayer); he prayed, glorified GOD, invoked Him, and wept.Weeping and invoking GOD the All-Powerful and majestic with a sincere heart, trust and patience, he said:"O Lord of lords, and God of gods! O, Benevolent and Merciful One Whom neither sleep nor nodding can overpower, remember me for my deeds and my just judgment over the children of Israel; and all that was from You, and You know it better than I do, my open acts and my secrets are with You."

GOD answered his prayers had compassion on him. He revealed to Isaiah to tell him the glad tidings that He had compassion for his weeping and would extend his life for a further fifteen years and save him from the enemy, Sennacherib. When Isaiah told this to Hezekiah, his disease was healed. Evil and sadness departed, and he fell prostrate, saying: "O Lord, it is You Who grants kingship to whomsoever You wish and dethrones whomsoever You wish and elevates whomsoever You wish and degrades whomsoever You wish, Knower of the unseen and the evident. And lo! You are the First and the Last; the Manifest and the Perceived; You grant mercy and answer the prayers of the troubled ones." When he raised his head, GOD revealed to Isaiah to command the king to extract the water of the fig and apply it to his sore, and he would be whole and cured. He did so and was cured.

Then GOD sent death upon the army of Sennacherib. In the morning they were all corpses, except Sennacherib and five of his companions, among them Nebuchadnezzar (Bukhtanasar). The king of Israel immediately sent for them, put them in shackles and displayed them in the land for seventy days to spite and insult them. Every day each of them was fed a loaf of barley bread; after seventy days he confined them in prison.

GOD then revealed to Isaiah that the king should send them back to their country so that they might warn their people what would happen to them. When they returned, Sennacherib gathered his people and told them what had happened to them. The priests and magicians said to him: "We told you about their Lord and their prophets, but you did not listen to us. It is a nation which, with their God, nobody can overcome." So, Sennacherib was afraid of GOD. He died seven years later.

Ibn Ishaaq also reported that when King Hezekiah of Israel died, the Israelites' condition deteriorated; there was political confusion, and their wickedness increased. Isaiah preached to them what GOD revealed to him, directing them to righteousness and warning them of GOD's severe punishment. His preaching made him their enemy and they decided to kill him, so he escaped from them.

Ibn Ishaaq also reported an Israelite interpolation which said that when Isaiah was passing by a tree, it opened, and he entered therein; but Satan saw him and held onto the loop of his garment so that it stuck out. When they saw it, they brought a saw and sawed the tree, and him with it. Indeed, from GOD we come and to him we return.

What I believe is the better interpretation of ISAIAH 56 - God knows best.

56 Thus saith the Lord, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed. (Almighty God instructs the believers from the Children of Israel through His prophet Isaiah to keep the faith even in their captivity. He foretells of the final two prophets: Jesus who would be the last of the Isrealite prophets who would bring salvation to those of them who followed his true message from God, and after Jesus, the Final Messenger for all - Israelites and “strangers.” God will be sending them 'that prophet' like unto Moses who will bring the 'new song' in a 'pure tongue' - the final revelation that contains all righteousness and the All truth.)

2 Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil. ( Almighty God exhorts the believers from the Children of Israel through His prophet Isaiah to hold fast to His Commandments as best as they can -for it will be a blessing for them even in their times of hardship and captivity.)

3 Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the Lord, speak, saying, The Lord hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree. (God's covenant was for all who would obey Him not only the Israelites - just as Abraham had circumcised Ishmael and "all the men of his household" as a sign of this covenant, God has always approved anyone who wants to submit to Him and walk in all His ways.)

4 For thus saith the Lord unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant; (In this verse, Isaiah delivers God’s message to other than the Children of Israel and He mentions keeping “His sabbaths"- not sabbath as was given specifically to the Israelites. This is because God's "sabbath" days are not just Saturday for the followers of Moses (and original followers of Jesus Christ), but also "Yaumal-Jumuah" for the followers of His final Messenger- the Prince of Peace - sent to all of mankind- His beloved chosen servant Muhammad. God's Covenant is proclaimed to all and open to all who will submit to Him.)

5 Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off. (God's house is the Ka'bah in Arabia - It was built by Prophet Abraham and every Prophet made pilgrimage to it. The earlier scriptures referred to pious and righteous believers as "sons and daughters" of God, but with the revelation of the Quran the pious and righteous believers have been given the everlasting name "MUSLIMS" - those who worship God sincerely by humbly submitting to His Will.)

6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; ( The sons of the stranger refers to the descendants of every one besides Children of Israel. The future peoples of all nations/races/languages - joined together, holding fast to "the rope of Allah" and serving Almighty God with one language, one consent, one Way of Life, All loving and calling upon the Name of the Lord - Allah. We are ABDULLAH and AMATULLAH- His male and female servants.

Now God refers to Sabbath in the singular again, because after the coming of Prophet Muhammad and establishing the way of life called 'Islam', no other day of prayer is accepted by Almighty God except the Islamic day of gathering - Yaumal-Jumah. God's Covenant with all of mankind is that we worship Him Alone, and turn away from all false deities and idols - this is only done by submitting to Him sincerely and following his Final Messenger- Muhammad)

7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.
(Holy Mountain is CLEARLY a reference to the standing on Mount Arafah - the pinnacle of Hajj - when Muslims make pilgrimage to God's house to offer prayers and supplications. For every year since the time of Muhammad until this very day (1400+ years) MILLIONS OF GOD'S SERVANTS travel from every corner of the earth to rejoice in His house of prayer. After the standing on Arafah is the udhiyah- sacrifice to God and distributing the meats to the poor and needy. )

8 The Lord God, which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him. (the outcasts could refer to the "remnant" - those who stayed true to Jacobs religion /way of life. He was a “Muslim” meaning he was one who peacefully and wholeheartedly submitted himself to God.)

9 All ye beasts of the field, come to devour, yea, all ye beasts in the forest.
10 His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber.
11 Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter.
12 Come ye, say they, I will fetch wine, and we will fill ourselves with strong drink; and to morrow shall be as this day, and much more abundant. (We can only surmise whom this refers to - I'd guess to say it is those Israelites that were chastised repeatedly by the prophets and righteous ones from Moses to Jesus. Those who followed false prophets, defied God, pursued their worldly desires and wealth, and got drunk with false hopes for this life. They are those Israelites besides "the remnant.")

I now believe that when God refers to "the remnant" that is saved, He means the remnant of the Children of Israel who believed in and followed God's last two prophets, the brothers in faith: Jesus and Muhammad - peace and blessings of the Most High be upon them.

GOD KNOWS BEST

Scimi

Scimitar
06-09-2016, 03:03 AM
Some more Parallels of Belief

The Greatness of God

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.
Revelation 22:13

He is the First and the Last, the Seen and the Hidden, and He knows all things. Qur'an 57:3

God and Money

No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money. Matthew 6:24

God sets forth a comparison: A man belonging to many partners at odds with each other, and a man devoted entirely to one master. Are the two alike? Qur'an 39:29

God and Signs

Why does this generation ask for a miraculous sign? I tell you the truth, no sign will be given to it. Mark 8:12

With their most solemn oath they have sworn by God that if a sign came to them, they would believe it. Say, Signs are in the power of God alone; and He does not teach you with signs, because when they were wrought, you did not believe.Qur'an 6:109

Charity

But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. Matthew 6:3

There is a man who gives a charity and he conceals it so much so that his left hand does not know what his right hand spends. Hadith of Bukhari

God Cares For You

Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? Matthew 6:26

How many animals do not carry their own food! God feeds them and hears you. He hears, knows all things. Qur'an 29:60

The Wealthy and Heaven

It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God. Matthew 19:24

To those who reject Our signs and arrogantly turn away from them, the doors of heaven will not be opened, nor will they enter paradise until the camel passes through the eye of the needle. Qur'an 7:40

Believers and Non-Believers

I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. John 10:16

All those who believe, and the Jews and the Sabeans and the Christians--anyone who believes in God and the Last Day, and does good--will have nothing to fear or regret. Qur'an 5:69

False Prophets

Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. Matthew 7:15

In the last times men will come forth who will fraudulently use religion for worldly ends and wear sheepskins in public to display meekness. Their tongues will be sweeter than sugar, but their hearts will be the hearts of wolves. Hadith of Tirmidhi

Scimi

Scimitar
06-09-2016, 03:05 AM
Behold!
the angel said:
‘God has chosen you
and purified you
and has chosen you above
the women of all nations.
O Mary! God gives you the good news of
a word from Him,
whose name shall be Messiah,
Jesus son of Mary,
honored in this world
and the hereafter,
and one of those
brought near to God'

Qur'an 3:42

Say, 'we believe in God and that which was revealed unto us, and that which was revealed unto Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob, and the tribes and that which was entrusted unto Moses and Jesus and the Prophets from their Lord We make no distinction between any of them and unto Him we have submitted'

Qur'an 3:84

Scimitar
06-09-2016, 03:07 AM
For this article I would like to acknowledge permission from Imam Dr. Usama al-Atar of Edmonton, Alberta, to use selections from and paraphrasing of his contemporary rendering of the Night Journey and Ascension narrative of the Prophet Muhammad, PBUH, and his embedded commentary.

Special thanks should go to David Goa, a Canadian expert on interfaith relations and the Director of the Chester Ronning Center for the Study of Religion and Public Life at the University of Alberta.

What really happened when Muhammad met Jesus (night of ascension narrative)

Christians are directly concerned with and interested in the prophetic biography of Jesus Christ. Muslims are directly interested in the prophetic biography of the Prophet Muhammad and following his example. Muslims believe that both of these Prophets, Muhammad and Jesus, actually met each other.

Different narrations exist of the Night Journey and Ascension of Muhammad. One condensed version of a narration provided by Imam Dr. Usama al-Atar draws on classical sources as follows. It maintains that one night, when the Prophet Muhammad (s) was resting in the house of his cousin in Makkah, the angel Gabriel came to him with a heavenly animal called the Buraq. The Prophet (s) rode on the Buraq’s back and it flew him to the Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem where he said, I saw Abraham, Moses, Jesus among many other prophets who lined up for prayers. I performed the call for starting the prayers (Iqamah) and then the angel Gabriel asked me to lead the prayers so I did. From there the Prophet rode the Buraq, ascended to the Worldly heavens where he saw a tall man, and Gabriel told him that he was Adam. I said to him,Assalam Alaikum (Peace be upon you), and he replied the greeting to me. I then prayed for his forgiveness and he prayed for my forgiveness and then said, Welcome O virtuous son, virtuous prophet, who is sent in the virtuous time.

(A full description of Islamic doctrines on all the Prophets is too much to include in this short article. However, Imam Dr. Usama Al-Atar provides the following commentary: One of the fundamental beliefs of Muslims is the infallibility of all prophets, which includes them not committing any sin, mistake or any wrong doing of any sort. When prophets pray for forgiveness, it is not because of any sins they committed, but rather for feeling the shortcoming of not doing enough to worship God the way He is worthy of being worshiped).

The Prophet (s) then ascended to the second heaven, where he saw two men who looked alike. He inquired about them and was told that they were the cousins, Jesus (Isa) (Alayhi As-Salaam) and John the Baptist (Yahya) (as). He greeted them with, Assalam Alaikum, and they replied to his greeting. He then prayed for their forgiveness and they prayed for him as well and then said, Welcome O virtuous brother, and virtuous prophet.

Further and in a similar way, Muhammad, PBUH, also met other major Prophets. The Prophet (s) was then taken to the highest ranks of Heavens, a place called Sidrat Al-Muntaha where he “encountered” God. (This encounter with God in the Sidrat Al-Muntaha would be enough for at least another article.) Imam Dr. Al-Atar’s rendering of the narrative and embedded commentary should be familiar to Muslims who know very well this story of the Night Journey and Ascension. They will usually commemorate it every year in the mosque. However, I would like to suggest that it is a good time to take another look at the Prophetic example and allow its wisdom to further benefit us.

These Prophets, Peace be upon Them all, demonstrated the best example of encounter and relations amongst the most highly developed human beings. This is an example that we ought to remember and reflect upon as Muslims in the wider Muslim community are divided into different groups. It presents the best example for when we meet each other. Sunnis and Shiites, for example, might draw on this example in the story of the Night Journey and Ascension to treat each other in the best way. The implications for better relations extend to all of Islamic pluralism: Sunnis, Shiites and everyone else.

Additional implications of the account of the Prophet’s Night Journey and Ascension could be extended in a benevolent way to relations between Muslims and the non-Muslim followers of the other Prophets. We could consider this an example of the best encounter and relations between the best of all human beings, the example extended to contemporary Christian-Muslim relations. This example may inform ordinary citizens who would like to think and act more in a way similar to the Prophets. Anyone wondering where Christian-Muslim dialogue and relations is headed might consider the content of this prophetic example for inspiration. The splendid prophetic example is there for all to consider for benevolent intentions and improved relations between communities and between individuals.

anointing oil

huff post threw this out there,

Scimi

Scimitar
06-09-2016, 03:12 AM
Jesus and Muhammad are brothers - They both taught their followers to submit to the Will of God Alone and stay away from false gods and that means don't worship them (Jesus or Muhammad) either. Jesus will deny anyone who worshiped him and called him God and God will reject anyone who said He is three in one.

Muslims claims about Jesus’ mission: Jesus denied being God or part of God.
Bible descriptions of Jesus’ mission:
  • “The Father is greater than I” (John 14:28).
  • “I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.” (John 20:17)
  • “Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone.” (Mark 10:18)
  • And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matt 19:17)
  • But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him. (Luke 12:5)
  • Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. (Matt 10:28)

Muslims claims about Jesus’ mission: Jesus submitted himself to the Lord of all Creation and worshiped Him Alone. (i.e. in prayer and fasting )

• And he went forward a little, and fell on the ground, (prostration) and prayed that, if it were possible, the hour might pass away from him. (Mark 14:35)
  • Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungered. (Matt 4:1-2)
  • And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone. (matt 14:23)
  • Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; 9And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. 10Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. (matt 4:8-10)
  • During the days of Jesus’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission. (Hebrews 5:7) (* this verse also corroborates another belief held by Muslims that Jesus was not killed, rather God raised him up and another man as made to look like him and died in his place)

Muslims claims about Jesus’ mission: Jesus was a servant and prophet of God
  • “Behold my servant whom I have chosen.” (Matthew 12:18 )
  • And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.And when he was come into Jerusalem, all the city was moved, saying, Who is this? And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee. (Matt 21:9-11)
  • “The God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified his servant Jesus" (Acts 3:13).
  • For truly in this city there were gathered together against thy holy servant Jesus. . . (Acts 4:27).

Muslims claims about Jesus’ mission: Jesus was sent only to the Children of Israel

• And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.(matt 1:21)
  • he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. (matt 15:25)
  • These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. (matt 10:5-6)

Muslims claims about Jesus’ mission: Jesus did not change the Laws that Almighty God established with the earlier prophets

• Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.[Matthew 5:17-18]

Muslims claims about Jesus’ mission: Jesus could not perform miracles except by God’s Leave

• I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. (John 5:30)
  • “I do as the Father has commanded me” (John 14:31 RSV).
  • “The words that I say to you I do not speak of my own authority.” (John 14:10 RSV)
  • “I do nothing of my own authority but speak thus as the Father has taught me.” (John 8:28 RSV)
  • Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: (Acts 2:22 )

Muslims claims about Jesus’ mission: Jesus preached the same religion that all of the previous Prophets taught (TRUE SUBMISSION to GOD) and warned His followers of eternal damnation if they forsook the religion of the prophets.

• And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: 30And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. (mark 12:29 30)
  • And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (matt 19: 16 17)
  • There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. (Luke 13:28)

Muslims claims about Jesus’ mission: Jesus did not know everything but God Knows all

• He [Jesus] was hungry. And on seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to see if he could find anything on it. When he came to it ,he found nothing but leaves, for it was not the season for figs (Mark 11 12-13).
  • “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only” (Matthew 24:36).

One more thing - even if we think we have the truth, God is the controller of the hearts and we should always ask him to keep us guided. So please just consider this verse from your bible: Prove all things; hold fast that which is good and ask God to guide your heart to truth.

Scimi

Scimitar
06-30-2016, 05:33 PM

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.