does that break my fast?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
EgyptPrincess
06-13-2016, 10:28 PM
https://islamqa.info/en/50041

Allahu alam

Aisha
06-13-2016, 10:28 PM
If you forgot you were fasting and had a glass of water, then no. Carry on as normal.

If you knew that you were fasting and water slipped down your throat whilst gargling, then yes, your fast will break.

muslimah_B
06-13-2016, 11:00 PM
^^^
Exactly what sister said

Sometimes when you completely forget it can be a mercy from Allah giving you some sustenance and you can carry on fasting

But if you are aware you are fasting and you drink/ eat or anything goes down your throat including certain injections that will reach your g.i tract your fast is invalidated and you have to make up the fast

If you intentionally break the fast then you will have to do kaffara wich is fasting consecutively for 60days with no break, if you stop for one day then the whole 60days must be repeated from the beginning (this excludes women on period, striaght after period they must immediately carry on their fast)

This just shows how mercifull Allah is to us, but also to not transgress the limits

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aaqib
06-13-2016, 11:03 PM
I thought the 60days fasting consecutively was for sexual intercoure during fasting, and that accidentally drink/eat while fasting is invalid but you dont need to make it up

I'm confused, so many sources have been different views

muslimah_B
06-13-2016, 11:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib
I thought the 60days fasting consecutively was for sexual intercoure during fasting, and that accidentally drink/eat while fasting is invalid but you dont need to make it up

I'm confused, so many sources have been different views
it is also for sexual relations and for intentionally breaking the fast for example its ramadan and you know your fasting but you still eat something anyway not caring you would then have to do the 60days fasting (this is from hanafi fiqh)
The kaffara is only for those who intentionally break their fast

Qadha (make up) is for those who unintentionally break their fast
(Eg, your gargling while making wudu and water goes down your throat, you only have to make up that day as it wasnt intentionall)

If your sick/ill a travellor woman on period/postnatul bleeding then your excused from fasting and have a valid excuse and make up is required

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.