/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reverts, what made you convert to Islam?

Sm412
06-15-2016, 05:27 AM
Assalaam Alaikum. I'm just curious to see what made reverts choose to accept Islam.

If it was a process, what was the turning point? What made you sure?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
eesa the kiwi
06-15-2016, 06:02 AM
for me it was after reading the quran for the first time alhamdulilah. knew next to nothing about islam, not sure id even met a muslim but by the time i put the quran down i knew this was from my creator. so i emailed the local masjid to ask a few questions and not long after took shahadah
Alhamdulilahil rabbil aalameen

aminah996
06-15-2016, 10:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi
for me it was after reading the quran for the first time alhamdulilah. knew next to nothing about islam, not sure id even met a muslim but by the time i put the quran down i knew this was from my creator. so i emailed the local masjid to ask a few questions and not long after took shahadah
Very beautiful sister. I'm glad you've accepted Islam and I hope you're doing well too.

eesa the kiwi
06-15-2016, 11:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aminah996
Very beautiful sister. I'm glad you've accepted Islam and I hope you're doing well too.
jazak allah khair but i am a brother lol

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aminah996
06-16-2016, 12:11 AM
Hahaha sorry [emoji23] absolutely shouldn't have assumed. I hope you're doing well brother

drac16
06-17-2016, 12:12 AM
The Qur'an promotes scientific inquiry and it challenges its readers to prove that it's wrong. That really struck a chord with me because I used to think that Religion was based on inaccuracies and senseless, blind faith. I need intellectual stimulation. I cannot be part of a religion that has errors or has been changed wildly over time. Moreover, the Qur'an has practical instructions on how to live a righteous life. It's a simple religion that puts emphasis on Tawheed, which in and of itself is a simple concept.

kritikvernunft
06-29-2016, 10:39 AM
It took me quite a bit of time to first developed my own religious view: In God I trust and in nothing else. So, everything that is not God must be viewed with varying degrees of suspicion.

The only mainstream religion that could possibly be somehow compatible with my core religious belief, is Islam.

Every other religion is mired in "miracles". They do not promote the faith in God. They rather promote utterly dumb forms of gullibility. So, with the prophet of Islam, Mohammed, may he rest in peace, having said that his only miracle was the Quran, he is pretty much the only prophet whom I actually trust. Apparently, there are a few other prophets who were also never caught red-handed trying to make people believe in miracles, but they are few and far between. Concerning all the prophets who were somehow mired in miracles, you can reasonably assume that I will never really accept them.

So, yes, I ended up discovering that I was naturally attracted to Islam.

I have already downloaded Islam from the internet, and now I am still in the process of trying to implement some missing parts, and further roll it out. Surprisingly, it is quite a lengthy implementation process. You have to change things.

For example, I still have to admonish my in-laws not to hold parties in my house in which they consume alcohol. I am still not completely ready to fully enforce that principle. For the time being, I have just clarified why I think that the practice of imbibing lots of alcohol is something that they should be doing elsewhere. I am still busy gradually breaking their resistance by regularly telling them that their religious views are utterly inferior. Pagans are simply not equal to us. With the way they think, they will remain forever second-class citizens in my house. Since I normally do not help the pagans, they will either have start backing away from alcohol consumption, or else, I will further cut down on the very, very small amount of subsidies that I sometimes extend to them, since I do not like anyway, to give money to the pagans.

1Omar
07-16-2016, 03:21 PM
subhanallahi walhamdulillahi wala ilaha illallah wallahu akbar

Adebimpeyyy
07-29-2016, 01:27 PM
Salaam

It was the guidance of Allah SWT . For that period of my life, I met Muslims , I wanted to understand their religion and their devotion to God. I started researching and watching some you tube videos of some scholars, I read a book "THE CHOICE by AHMED DEEDAT", I read about 90% of the Quran and I realised it was Allah's guidance that led me to it. I took my shahada some time later after about 6 months. SubhanAllah
I am still struggling tho. May Allah SWT guide us all

greenhill
07-29-2016, 02:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi
What made you pick it up in the first place? It is quite heavy reading. There are plenty other books to fill up the time. .

:peace:

greenhill
07-29-2016, 02:27 PM
kritikvernunft..

Where are you on the journey? It says 'other'. Or have I missed something.

kritikvernunft
07-29-2016, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
kritikvernunft..Where are you on the journey? It says 'other'. Or have I missed something.:peace:
Islam suits me absolutely fine, even though it is quite a theoretical endeavour at the moment. I had wanted to meet Muslims in the real world, but I cannot find anybody locally who also speaks English, and would also be an intellectually suitable counterparty. I can find interesting Muslims online, though. But then again, all of that if part of just a virtual world. Islam has been an activity between just myself and the One God for now. It seems to be difficult to roll out Islam more widely here, in this God-forsaken country full of pagans and other unbelievers!

I don't know about this "other". I have never said "other". It must have materialized by itself somehow. I consider "other" religions to be useless. I have looked at them, and I could not find any useful application for them. What am I supposed to achieve with them?

So, yes, I am only "virtually" part of Islam, because I fail to find people who live here, to do anything with that would be related to religion, even if only praying together or so, why not? You can find Christian missionaries here, and even a Jewish one, but for Islam you can only find a few locals, who keep to themselves and don't speak a word of English. I would definitely like to hang out more with Filipinos, for example, who are certainly religious, but all of them are seem to be Christian, and I am not going to go to their church, because I do not want to be caught red-handed "praying to Jesus" or so. Duh. The other foreigners are usually atheist. So, that is not a solution either. In terms of "community" I have not been able to roll out anything at all, actually, but not for want of trying!

In the real world, I am trapped amongst incorrigible unbelievers. Everything around me is totally pagan!

EDIT: By the way, I went through all the settings again, and I could not find the field in which to select the "religion" field for the profile ...

greenhill
07-29-2016, 03:44 PM
Ok. Understand. Nicely put..

At the end of the day it is just between you and God, Allahu Akhbar. And that should translate through thoughts, sayings and action.

eesa the kiwi
07-29-2016, 07:59 PM
im not sure actually

format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
What made you pick it up in the first place? It is quite heavy reading. There are plenty other books to fill up the time. .

Little_Lion
07-31-2016, 04:11 AM
I actually started studying Islam purely as an intellectual pursuit, because I was going to school for archaeology and wanted to work in the Middle East. I started taking classes through an online school in Pakistan and the more I learned, the more I realized Islam is the right path. So I reverted! I stepped away from it for a while after my husband's passing, but am now very happy to say that I am able to spend much of my time in religious study and my faith just keeps getting stronger, and will continue to, insha'Allah.

Eric H
07-31-2016, 08:33 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Adebimpeyyy; and welcome to the forum,

I am still struggling tho. May Allah SWT guide us all
If you say what you are struggling with, maybe someone can help you.

Blessings

Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.