/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What are some ways I can control my impulsivity, impatience, and waswasa?

Mustafa16
06-16-2016, 11:26 PM
my biggest problem since I was a little boy was not being patient, and thinking that if things didn't happen right away they would never happen....how can I control this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aminah996
06-17-2016, 12:33 PM
Salaam. What I would advise is that when your feeling doubtful in life you're not trusting Allah enough. When Allah has a plan for everyone. It's because it's in their best interest not to harm them or that they can't pass the test. We however because of our urge to be impatient we like to everything to come easy and quickly. Nothing in life comes easy, and we have to remember that patience is something we get rewards for. So remembering the rewards you receive and the fact that Allah knows best should indeed be enough. Don't over question it. Because that's what making you was was. And indeed you're questioning the creator. Yeah just remember that!!

muslimah_B
06-17-2016, 01:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
my biggest problem since I was a little boy was not being patient, and thinking that if things didn't happen right away they would never happen....how can I control this?
To control it, you could put yourself in more situations where you have no choice but to learn patience but can be rewarding.
Eg helping an old lady cross the road
- going shopping with your mum
- help your mum do the cleaning and cooking
Just a few simple things which require a bit of patience then you can slowly build on it and involve yourself into situations that require more patience

-maybe looking after smaller brothers or sisters or other family
- volunteer somewhere

greenhill
06-17-2016, 02:22 PM
You are not alone.

It is your test to handle it. It is not easy and you have to want it enough to put in the effort.

You have to ask yourself what is the cause. Recognise when it is likely to happen, take preventive or alternative measures..

Example for me, stuck in a traffic jam with impatient and inconsiderate road users.. what do I do?

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Arfa
06-17-2016, 09:24 PM
Assalamualaikum,
To control your impetuousness know firstly that instant gratification is harmful like you can start reciting Durood Shareef when you become impatient or angry.Interact kindly with children and elderly it will make you more tolerant.Theres a lot of power in controlling your anger and impetuosity as its a sign of strength try to remind yourself of this fact too.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.