/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Going into Sujood instead of Rukoo?

omer301
06-21-2016, 06:00 PM
Assalamualikum,

When praying Taraweeh instead of going into Rukoo some of the people went into sujood instead of Rukoo while a few of us were still in Rukoo so I would like to know why they went into sujood and when I should go into sujood because I think I made a mistake.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
06-21-2016, 06:05 PM
:wasalam:

It seems like the imaam had recited an ayah of sajdah and the people were performing Sajdah Tilawah.

There are 14 verses in the Qur'an where you have to perform a Sajdah after reciting them. Maybe this was one of them.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
06-21-2016, 08:33 PM
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

What happened is that the Imaam had recited an Aayah of Sajdah. When an Aayah of Sajdah is recited, then it is obligatory upon both the reciter and the one who hears it to make Sajdah. In your case, it was obligatory upon you to have made Sajdah along with the Imaam. However, you did not know, and thus did not do it. The Mahall (place) of an Aayah of Sajdah recited in Salaah is the Salaah itself; the moment the Salaah is over, the time to carry out that particular Sajdat-ut-Tilaawah has passed, and the one who missed it has to make Istighfaar (seek forgiveness from Allaah Ta`aalaa for having omitted it), but there is no Qadhaa for that Sajdah Tilaawah.

والله تعالى أعلم

والسلام

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.