/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Rulings on Father and Wife

Chosen One
07-06-2016, 07:28 PM
Dear Brothers and Sisters of Islam,

When my father visits or leaves us, he usually embraces me, like we do on Eid. Then he holds my wife's head and "kisses/hugs" her cheeks with his cheek.

She only goes along with it as holding back would be "disrespectful". I just wanted to know the Islamic Rulings on this?

I have slight doubts that his intentions are pure as I have seen photos of me and my wife on his phone and he sometimes keeps asking for them when he's away. He also has photos of other women, related and non related I.e. wives of cousins.

I don't wish to confront him regarding the latter as I don't want to start something that will end badly.

Please pray for my father if he is doing any wrong. Any advice on the subject I.e. the former will be much appreciated.

Jazāk Allāhu Khayran

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
07-06-2016, 08:08 PM
Asssalamu Alaikum

He is mahrem to her, but at the same time some of his actions do sound a little over-affectionate especially if him and your wife are not that close (like father/daughter relationship). I don't know if this is his own personality type, or if in your family you all have a very close bond so he treats everyone this way, but that's something for you to judge. If your gut feeling is telling you that there's something wrong with the way he's acting, then maybe there is. It's odd that he would have pictures of his cousins' wives on his phone and islamically it's not right, however culturally if he is doing this and is just in general close with the family and has pictures of everyone (not just other people's wives) then maybe there's nothing abnormal about his affection. Either way it's still wrong to have pictures of other women. I'm just trying to give your father the benefit of the doubt, but of course I don't know him at all.

jameelash
07-08-2016, 06:46 PM
it is difficult to findout his intention .u can openly tell ur father gently that ur wifeside mahrams dont have te habbits of hugging so she is not comfortable when others hug her. If he is honest he will do it nomore.but if still continue see that she doesnt show her head nd full in hijab till he leaves.if ur mother still living u can also consult her.M ay Allah ease ur problems.aameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.