/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What are the odds?

DiyaFatinah
07-07-2016, 10:07 PM
Bismillah

As salaam Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

I'm a new Muslim. Im 31 and a single mother of two small children. It seems like only young sisters have a great chance of getting married. I don't want to be someone's second or third wife. Can you anyone provide any success stories of someone in my current position?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
darullemon
07-07-2016, 10:16 PM
Let me re-phrase, you dont' want to be someone's second or third wife but are you fine marrying a widower or divorcee?

My suggestion would be to find someone at your local Masjid who does match making and stuff. There are people who do this for living.

Search
07-07-2016, 10:36 PM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

Wakeum-Assalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu:

Sister, you have to make duas (supplications) to God for Allah to grant you a wonderful spouse and someone who'll love to take on the responsibility of your children as well.

I have one success story: I have a cousin who was married to a man for 11 years, but they divorced because her husband was cheating on her with prostitutes. She became a single mom of two children and shifted to her mother's house as she is also a dentist. Initially, after such a devastating breakup of more than a decade of marriage, she was not interested in remarrying. However, one of my uncles convinced my cousin's mom and dad and also my cousin to remarry so that she wouldn't be alone. They signed her up on a matrimonial site wherein her mom narrowed the potentials down to two men, one unmarried with no children and one divorced with three children that lived with his ex-wife. Well, my cousin this June married again to the divorced dad, and she's happier than she's been before. It's a new start for her and her children, but they seem to be adjusting well. By the way, she's right now 45.

So, I'd recommend you to keep your spirits up; sure, maybe there will be people who might have preferences about age, but you are not looking to marry every man in the entire world: You're looking to marry just one person who will accept you, warts and all (lol - not saying you have warts, but you get the expression), and accept your children as well into his home and heart.

The good news is that there are (a) younger men who are open to marrying someone of your age or older and (b) there are also men who are divorced who will be able to understand your position. You just need that one man to find you and for you to find him, and you can do that God-willing when you place your trust in God and don't see yourself as lesser than or in competition with other women because your soulmate won't be able to look past you as we're always going to be with people with whom we're destined.

Btw, I'd recommend you to sign onto different sites like singlemuslim.com, shaadi.com, ishqr.com, and even sign onto mosque's matrimonial services if they have any and then simply continue to pray to Allah for you to join you in matrimony to a suitable spouse who will be the coolness of your eyes and love you and your children.

Simple!

:wa: (And peace be upon you)

format_quote Originally Posted by DiyaFatinah
Bismillah

I'm a new Muslim. Im 31 and a single mother of two small children. It seems like only young sisters have a great chance of getting married. I don't want to be someone's second or third wife. Can you anyone provide any success stories of someone in my current position?

greenhill
07-08-2016, 02:57 AM
The odds depend on you 100%. Your conditions and choices affects the stats... and in the end it is all 50/50....

All the best.

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
07-08-2016, 04:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DiyaFatinah
Bismillah

Second and third wife scenarios as as rare as rocking horse poop these days.

Scimi

DiyaFatinah
07-08-2016, 04:34 AM
Thanks you all so much. Jazak Allah Khair. You don't know how much this has made me feel better about my situation

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.