/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can I read Quran out loud in prayers such as praying after taking Wudhu?

Aaqib
07-14-2016, 10:01 AM
If I'm alone, that is.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
07-14-2016, 12:31 PM
:sl:

My Qur'an teacher would recite outloud alone, when I first saw it I thought it was weird lol, then he explained and I done some further research.

:fatwa:

Reciting out loud in Fajr prayer and in the first two rak’ahs of Maghrib and ‘Isha’ is Sunnah for both one who is leading the prayers and one who is praying alone. If a person recites silently there is no sin on him, but that means that he is neglecting a Sunnah. If the person who is praying alone thinks that reciting silently helps him to focus more in prayer, then that is o.k., because it was narrated that when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed at night, sometimes he would recite out loud and sometimes he would recite silently, as was reported by ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her). For one who is leading the prayers, the Sunnah is always to recite out loud, following the example of the Prophet (S) and because that enables the congregation to benefit by hearing the words of Allaah, whether the prayer is fard (obligatory) or naafil (supererogatory).
https://islamqa.info/en/26268

Aaqib
07-14-2016, 02:31 PM
Your Quran teacher would recite out loud in voluntary prayer after taking Wudhu?

I'm talking about this: http://hadithoftheday.com/todays-bea...er-after-wudu/ (sorry if it was unclear)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.