/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What do we need to memorize to be ready?

new2010
07-14-2016, 09:07 PM
Assalamualaikum wa rahmetullahi wa barakatuhu,

straight question: what do we need to memorize to be fit in our deen? I can see, that I neglected memorizing a lot. Somehow I can see the effects.

What is the most important to memorize to have a basis? I mean in all fields as Aqeedah, Fiqh, Siraah. I mean I read books, listen to lectures but the most of what I read or hear I do forget. This is no beneficial at all. Is there a book that you can just memorize (even it's the basic facts).

It's very important because, otherwise we would not be able to be firm in what we're doing, so I do thing.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
07-14-2016, 09:27 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

Our goal is to memorize the entirity of the quran. So take time to memorize and internalize the meaning. We forget the teachimgs of quran when we dont put what weve learned in practice or when we neglect it for a while. So its essential to take some time everyday to recite, memorize and reflect.

new2010
07-14-2016, 09:32 PM
Dear sister in Islam, I do agree with you to one hundred percent. But that wasn't exactly what I was looking for, tough Quran is priority number one.

I am talking about things, like the pillar of shahada, Imam etc. When we don't memorize these basics, it's not good, in my opinion. Although we practice them. I looking for a collection or similar.

barak allahu feekum

*Yasmin*
07-14-2016, 11:46 PM
scholars recommend the seeker of Islamic knowledge to read, understand and memorize some well known books
as a start they recommend these books in the written order:

1. the main three principles for shiekh Muhammed ibn AbdulWahab
2. Kitabu At-Tauhid
3. kashf Al-shubuhat (Removal of doubts of the people of shirk)
4. Sharh Aqeedah al-Tahawiyyah for sheikh the Islam-Ibn Taymiyya

along side reading these books, they recommend to read and memorize the Quran of course.

I hope I understood your request...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
new2010
07-15-2016, 01:37 AM
Barak Allahu Feek, yes you did understand!

I think the order is not that important? At least I could start with Kitabu At-Tauhid from Dr. Bilal Phillips, it's accessible for me.

'Iisaz3
07-15-2016, 05:11 AM
Before now, I could memorize surat Al Baqarah and Surat Aali Imran and Surat Al Kahfi . How about you ?

syed_z
07-15-2016, 06:33 AM
Asalaam O Alaikum.

I would suggest the book Ihya Ulum Al Din (Revival of the Religious Sciences) by Imam Ghazzali (rahimahullah)

Imam Nawawi commented the following about this book:

If no book on earth was left to guide the believers and if Ihya the only one available then it would be sufficient for a believers salvation in this life and the hereafter.

..why did he say that? Its for a few to know and others to find out. Buy it and start reading.

I believe that memorizing does no good if not coupled with actions. Actions are the best way to memorize teachings!

*Yasmin*
07-16-2016, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by new2010
Barak Allahu Feek, yes you did understand!

I think the order is not that important? At least I could start with Kitabu At-Tauhid from Dr. Bilal Phillips, it's accessible for me.
The order is important somehow, but it's okay ... as long as you don't get perplexed...

you can find these books on the internet..

> here: http://kalamullah.com/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.