/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is fasting everyday continously allowed ?

Zamtsa
07-15-2016, 02:20 PM
Is fasting everyday continously allowed ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SHO
07-15-2016, 03:03 PM
Assalamu 'Alaykum

Read these Hadeeses:

Narrated `Abdullah bin `Amr bin Al-`As:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said to me, "O `Abdullah! Have I not been informed that you fast during the day and offer prayers all the night." `Abdullah replied, "Yes, O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)!" The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Don't do that; fast for few days and then give it up for few days, offer prayers and also sleep at night, as your body has a right on you, and your wife has a right on you, and your guest has a right on you. And it is sufficient for you to fast three days in a month, as the reward of a good deed is multiplied ten times, so it will be like fasting throughout the year." I insisted (on fasting) and so I was given a hard instruction. I said, "O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)! I have power." The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Fast like the fasting of the Prophet (ﷺ) David and do not fast more than that." I said, "How was the fasting of the Prophet (ﷺ) of Allah, David?" He said, "Half of the year," (i.e. he used to fast on every alternate day). Afterwards when `Abdullah became old, he used to say, "It would have been better for me if I had accepted the permission of the Prophet (which he gave me i.e. to fast only three days a month).
::
[Sahih al-Bukhari 1975]
Narrated `Abdullah bin `Amr:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) was informed that I had taken an oath to fast daily and to pray (every night) all the night throughout my life (so Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) came to me and asked whether it was correct): I replied, "Let my parents be sacrificed for you! I said so." The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "You can not do that. So, fast for few days and give it up for few days, offer Salat (prayer) and sleep. Fast three days a month as the reward of good deeds is multiplied ten times and that will be equal to one year of fasting." The Prophet (ﷺ) said to me, "Fast one day and give up fasting for two days." I replied, "I can do better than that." The Prophet (ﷺ) said to me, "Fast one day and give up fasting for a day and that is the fasting of Prophet David and that is the best fasting." I said, "I have the power to fast better (more) than that." The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "There is no better fasting than that."
[Sahih al-Bukhari 1976]
I got that from http://sunnah.com/

Salaam
S.H.O

Zamtsa
07-17-2016, 09:32 AM
Is this The Hadits ?

Narrated 'Abdullah: The Prophet fasted for days continuously; the people also did the same but it was difficult for them. So, the Prophet forbade them . They slid, "But you fast without break (no food was taken in the evening or in the morning)." The Prophet replied, "I am not like you, for I am provided with food and drink (by Allah)."

SHO
07-18-2016, 11:19 AM
Assalamu 'Alaykum.

When I was searching for the Hadises which I gave you,I saw Hadises similar to that.
I am quoting them here for you:

SHAIH AL-BUKHARI

BOOK 30:FASTING

CHAPTER.48: TO OBSERVE SAUM (FAST) CONTINUOUSLY

Narrated Anas:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Do not practice Al-Wisal (fasting continuously without breaking one's fast in the evening or eating before the following dawn)." The people said to the Prophet, "But you practice Al- Wisal?" The Prophet (ﷺ) replied, "I am not like any of you, for I am given food and drink (by Allah) during the night."
(Sahih al-Bukhari 1961)
Narrated `Abdullah bin `Umar:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) forbade Al-Wisal. The people said (to him), "But you practice it?" He said, "I am not like you, for I am given food and drink by Allah."
(Sahih al-Bukhari 1962)
'Narrated Abu Sa`id:

That he had heard the Prophet (ﷺ) saying, "Do not fast continuously (practice Al-Wisal), and if you intend to lengthen your fast, then carry it on only till the Suhur (before the following dawn)." The people said to him, "But you practice (Al-Wisal), O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)!" He replied, "I am not similar to you, for during my sleep I have One Who makes me eat and drink."
(Sahih al-Bukhari 1963)
Narrated Aisha:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) forbade Al-Wisal out of mercy to them. They said to him, "But you practice Al- Wisal?" He said, "I am not similar to you, for my Lord gives me food and drink. "
(Sahih al-Bukhari 1964)

CHAPTER.49: THE PUNISHMENT FOR THE PERSON WHO PRACTISES AL-WISAL VERY OFTEN

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) forbade Al-Wisal in fasting. So, one of the Muslims said to him, "But you practice Al- Wisal. O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)!" The Prophet (ﷺ) replied, "Who amongst you is similar to me? I am given food and drink during my sleep by my Lord." So, when the people refused to stop Al-Wisal (fasting continuously), the Prophet (ﷺ) fasted day and night continuously along with them for a day and then another day and then they saw the crescent moon (of the month of Shawwal). The Prophet (ﷺ) said to them (angrily), "If It (the crescent) had not appeared, I would have made you fast for a longer period." That was as a punishment for them when they refused to stop (practicing Al-Wisal).
(Sahih al-Bukhari 1965)
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said twice, "(O you people) Be cautious! Do not practice Al-Wisal." The people said to him, "But you practice Al-Wisal?" The Prophet (ﷺ) replied, "My Lord gives me food and drink during my sleep. Do that much of deeds which is within your ability."
(Sahih al-Bukhari 1966)

CHAPTER.50: TO OBSERVE SAUM CONTINUOUSLY DAY AND NIGHT (AL-WISAL) TILL THE TIMEOF SAHAR.
Narrated Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Do not fast continuously day and night (practice Al-Wisal) and if anyone of you intends to fast continuously day and night, he should continue till the Suhur time." They said, "But you practice Al-Wisal, O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)!" The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "I am not similar to you;. during my sleep I have One Who makes me eat and drink."
(Sahih al-Bukhari 1967)

Source: http://sunnah.com/

I was reading these Hadises for the first time.If what I understood is correct,these Hadises are saying about fasting the whole day without Futhoor and Suhoor,and not about fasting everyday in the year.(I already gave you Hadises which say fasting everyday is not permitted.)

Please note,I said what I understood.I think other brothers and sisters on the forum can help us understand it better.
And Allah knows best.
Salaam.
S.H.O

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
07-18-2016, 11:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Thayyib
Is fasting everyday continously allowed ?
no.

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.