/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Questions asked by my non-Muslim coworker

ReboundMuslimah
07-16-2016, 07:08 PM
So I was on my break at work yesterday and we were just discussing different topics. One of my coworkers who had a lot of questions about Islam and Muslims asked me if I was forced to wear the hijab on my head. I said “No” and that it is my choice. She went on and asked me a lot of questions about the religion and I was able to answer some but i don't think my answers were good enough. She seems to be really interested in Islam and i ask Allah to guide her.

Questions:
Why doesn’t Islam give women freedom?
Why do they have to cover themselves so they would have to tempt men? Some women go to the extent of covering their face and beauty, why is it that?
Why do women pray in the back (my explanation wasn’t enough for her)?
Why are the majority of terrorists on TV Muslims?

*I always thought I knew my religion but I guess not enough to defend it:facepalm:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
07-16-2016, 08:09 PM
Lol there is a guy that parks on the side of my house.. quite regularly.

I think he attends a local synagogue, but I often bump into him as I leave for work or other things.

Today he was talking about France and Turkey, how people are easily brain washed.

....I said he was right and left for work.

You are the only defence of the religion you need to account for..

If they consider you a Muslim, they probably have some awareness of who you are..

What freedoms you possess.

What morals you live by.

How you treat people and how you are treated.

Maybe your job role or title makes people treat you differently or influences how you approach them..

But under different circumstances, it would probably not matter.

:/

Scimitar
07-16-2016, 08:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dreamchaser
So I was on my break at work yesterday and we were just discussing different topics. One of my coworkers who had a lot of questions about Islam and Muslims asked me if I was forced to wear the hijab on my head. I said “No” and that it is my choice. She went on and asked me a lot of questions about the religion and I was able to answer some but i don't think my answers were good enough. She seems to be really interested in Islam and i ask Allah to guide her.

Questions:
Why doesn’t Islam give women freedom?
Tell him or her - you feel free and liberated as a women with respect who is not seen as an object, which is judgemental slavery on the part of the women who do not adhere to modesty, nor the men who seek lewdness from the women they unpeel with their eyes.

Why do they have to cover themselves so they would have to tempt men? Some women go to the extent of covering their face and beauty, why is it that?
How does a woman covering her hair and body tempt men? Do nuns tempt men? No. If a man is tempted by a nun because she is modest, then that man has mental issues. Normal folk do not get tempted by it.

Why do women pray in the back (my explanation wasn’t enough for her)?
Why do the women in Islam pray at the back? because they are less distracted in prayer than men are. Quite simply put.

Why are the majority of terrorists on TV Muslims?
Ask her - does she believe what the TV spews out? She knows Muslims in real life - which of those are terrorists?

*I always thought I knew my religion but I guess not enough to defend it:facepalm:
Hey, she caught you off guard - don't feel bad. Sometimes it's nice to have a little wake up call :)

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.